Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Magical uses for gemstones?

Can anyone recommend any good books with accurate information about various precious, semi-precious gemstones, minerals etc. and their magical uses? There is a new-age shop in my town that sells a wide selection of stones for use in witchcraft and I have built up a small collection over the past couple of years, but I definitely don't trust the information the shop has on the displays. I looked through the booklist on pastebin but it doesn't seem to have a book about gemstones listed. I would appreciate any suggestions.

On the runes page on the jos many of the descriptions have stones that can be used with those runes and for the affairs ruled by those runes. For instance black tourmaline and Algiz. So black tourmaline is good for protection or the banishment of negative energies and best used along with the runes as well as stones alone have little power and need energy applied to them.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Odin.html

Judy Hall's books on Crystals (the Crystal bibles) are some of the best physical books regarding what most crystals do, and how they work. Gurudas wrote some books back in the day too, regarding crystals and how they can heal through elixirs.

As well, the enemy does not gain much from tainting basic knowledge on how crystals work. As this makes it harder for their followers and useful idiots to use crystals to help the enemy. Though if you run across something that says 'sacrifice x to empower your grid' or 'chant x to clear this crystal' DON'T.

As for cleaning / charging crystals. The best and most effective method is setting your crystals in moonlight (4 hours) or sunlight (2 hours), this will clean and charge your crystals. Though I like to rinse my crystals beforehand with distilled water. Afterwards, store them wrapped in a cloth of some sort to help keep their energies.

Lastly, some crystals are toxic. Some are fragile. And some can be destroyed simply by putting them in water. Do your research before handling any crystals, and especially before attempting to make crystal elixirs with them.

I am in no way an expert in the field of crystals, but feel free to ask me any further questions. Thank you :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back