Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Username Question

Brdredr

Website
www.youtube.com
This is more of a technical question, but whatever.

Would I ever be able to change my username, or do I have to create a whole new account for that? Because I don't want my posts, post count and everything else to be lost.

You could always create a new account and just tell everyone who you were previously. I might do that once I find some free time.

Poweredbythesun said:
As well as a way to contact you
There are some settings in the user panel : "Users can contact me by email" Yes/No
and "Allow users to send you private messages: Yes/No
Note that administrators and moderators will always be able to send you messages."

Do they actually work ? I have never seen anyone that I could contact by email (unless they wrote it somewhere manually of course) or send a private message to.

Dark_Void said:
You could always create a new account and just tell everyone who you were previously. I might do that once I find some free time.

Yeah, I could just do that, and ask Mageson, Cobra, whoever's online at the time to delete this one, or keep it up, whatever's the best option cause I really ain't feeling my username anymore. I wanted to have it changed to either "Shadow" or "Wolfsschanze", I'll decide upon a name and then move accounts.

Sinistra said:
Do they actually work ? I have never seen anyone that I could contact by email (unless they wrote it somewhere manually of course) or send a private message to.

Yeah, why don't we have a private messaging system? It'd be much, much easier for us to contact each other.

Brdredr said:
Sinistra said:

Yeah, why don't we have a private messaging system? It'd be much, much easier for us to contact each other.
They don't want shit to spread like cancer. Messages have to be approved so (((mis-informed))) people can't mess with anything and drag everyone down. And the high priests aren't here to sort through and approve people's private messages either. If you want some web of fast private messages, use email. But wouldn't this negate the entire point of this website anyway? We are here to help each other grow, and for wrong ideas to be corrected and stopped. We don't need some unregulated shadow competing with and replacing our forum with corruption. If anyone has anything true and constructive to share, we would all benefit from it here.

Brdredr said:
Yeah, I could just do that, and ask Mageson, Cobra, whoever's online at the time to delete this one, or keep it up, whatever's the best option cause I really ain't feeling my username anymore.
They shouldn't delete it. I think all your comments would be deleted with it if that happened not good.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Brdredr said:
this negate the entire point of this website anyway? We are here to help each other grow, and for wrong ideas to be corrected and stopped. We don't need some unregulated shadow competing with and replacing our forum with corruption. If anyone has anything true and constructive to share, we would all benefit from it here.
Sometimes people simply wanna discuss a personal point with someone without the whole world engaging in voyeurism and meddling.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back