Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

For Depression Try Void

Tala

There have been quite a few topics posted recently from fellow SS struggling with depression. Besides the typical advice I just want to stress what personally worked for me.

One thing I struggled explaining to someone was the usefulness of an active void meditation when stuck in a bad depressive state. It's of course good for everyone but I just wanted to emphasize it because I've used it myself with great results when I was severely depressed years back. I've included a quote below from Zola's talk to Satan post that describes it very well.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12798

zolaluckystar said:
Well, I can tell you what works for me. Doing void isn't like sitting for hours and hours in lotus or laying down and trancing. I think maybe a lot of people get that one mixed with other meditations. Void is a moving meditation (which is why I dig it so much) its very simple: You just devote all your attention and energy on the task at hand, till all thought of the past (how so and so pissed you off) or future (what will I have for dinner?) is gone. The mind stills, quiets. You shift from the left side of the brain to the right side, from logic to intuitive.

The jewed up society is totally focussed on keeping people in their left brain hemisphere only. VERY unbalanced, very unhealthy.

But anyhow, you are now acting from a quiet intuitive place. If there was an image of it, I think it would be like the eye of the hurricaine. You aren't caught up in the swirling chaos being acted upon anymore...as most people are, but are centred where its calm, quiet. Where you can look at things and act, not react. You aren't being tossed around by the storm anymore, you become the storm. Actually this is a really good metaphor because its actually true. You harness that power, rather than be tossed around by it. This is what the Strength card in the Tarot is referring to, the force inside yourself, that brute power, harnessing it to work FOR you rather than against you. And the acting from that calm center is based in intuition, a knowingness. You stop analyzing and overthinking everything. You don't need to, the intuitive side knows what to do and you just...do it. And the painting paints itself. I say I've done this for years and can do it for hours and hours because this is what artists do. I've been doing this, working on this since I was a teenager. Not knowing it was void meditation. We call it getting into the 'zone'. Where hours pass like minutes, where the art seems to create itself. Its done when making art.

If you're not an artist, theres lots of other things to do. I've found yoga is just fantastic for practicing void. I'd say, start there. Get into a class and just focus on each move with everything you got. A class is an hour, hour and a half long. For people new to void thats a long time. Start doing that till its easy. Do it every day.

But, as HPS Maxine has written, one could just as easily do it at work; all it requires is to put all your attention onto whatever it is you're doing, to the exclusion of everything else. You'll know you hit the zone because all the worry's, fears and things that swirl around in/at your mind 24/7 just go away, the mind goes still, quiet, you'll feel very calm, centred, tranquil and it feels very good. And hours pass like minutes. Thats about it. That part is easy, but it's definitely work because the mind/ego will rebel against doing this like a mad bitch. You'll be restless, wanting to distract yourself, wanting to stop. You'll come up with a million reasosn to quit. You'll get mad, you'll think why the fuck am I doing this to myself, again? All kinds of roadblocks will come up. It takes disciple, to keep re-directing your mind back to the task, to focus, to keep trying. Thats the part thats the work. You just keep working on it. The only reason I can do it for 6 hours at a time or longer is because I've worked hard to get there, over years and years, thats all. Its just work. Anybody can do it.

Another thing is a thought awareness meditation that can be done as much as possible. You might be surprised the nasty thoughts your subconscious is feeding you when your mind is on auto-pilot. Replace those thoughts with positive affirmation.

Even if you are too tired, depressed or busy to think of something clever you can always say something simple like

"Positive thoughts bring me positive results I desire"

Or:

"I now think positive thoughts that bring me happiness."

Or just reverse the bad thought when applicable.

I hope this is helpful for someone. The biggest thing is don't give up and if something in your life isn't working don't be afraid to try something new. For some it will just take time and persistence, but I believe everyone who has this can beat it without resorting to dangerous pharmacy pills or worse.

Tala said:
There have been quite a few topics posted recently from fellow SS struggling with depression. Besides the typical advice I just want to stress what personally worked for me.

One thing I struggled explaining to someone was the usefulness of an active void meditation when stuck in a bad depressive state. It's of course good for everyone but I just wanted to emphasize it because I've used it myself with great results when I was severely depressed years back. I've included a quote below from Zola's talk to Satan post that describes it very well.

https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12798

zolaluckystar said:
Well, I can tell you what works for me. Doing void isn't like sitting for hours and hours in lotus or laying down and trancing. I think maybe a lot of people get that one mixed with other meditations. Void is a moving meditation (which is why I dig it so much) its very simple: You just devote all your attention and energy on the task at hand, till all thought of the past (how so and so pissed you off) or future (what will I have for dinner?) is gone. The mind stills, quiets. You shift from the left side of the brain to the right side, from logic to intuitive.

The jewed up society is totally focussed on keeping people in their left brain hemisphere only. VERY unbalanced, very unhealthy.

But anyhow, you are now acting from a quiet intuitive place. If there was an image of it, I think it would be like the eye of the hurricaine. You aren't caught up in the swirling chaos being acted upon anymore...as most people are, but are centred where its calm, quiet. Where you can look at things and act, not react. You aren't being tossed around by the storm anymore, you become the storm. Actually this is a really good metaphor because its actually true. You harness that power, rather than be tossed around by it. This is what the Strength card in the Tarot is referring to, the force inside yourself, that brute power, harnessing it to work FOR you rather than against you. And the acting from that calm center is based in intuition, a knowingness. You stop analyzing and overthinking everything. You don't need to, the intuitive side knows what to do and you just...do it. And the painting paints itself. I say I've done this for years and can do it for hours and hours because this is what artists do. I've been doing this, working on this since I was a teenager. Not knowing it was void meditation. We call it getting into the 'zone'. Where hours pass like minutes, where the art seems to create itself. Its done when making art.

If you're not an artist, theres lots of other things to do. I've found yoga is just fantastic for practicing void. I'd say, start there. Get into a class and just focus on each move with everything you got. A class is an hour, hour and a half long. For people new to void thats a long time. Start doing that till its easy. Do it every day.

But, as HPS Maxine has written, one could just as easily do it at work; all it requires is to put all your attention onto whatever it is you're doing, to the exclusion of everything else. You'll know you hit the zone because all the worry's, fears and things that swirl around in/at your mind 24/7 just go away, the mind goes still, quiet, you'll feel very calm, centred, tranquil and it feels very good. And hours pass like minutes. Thats about it. That part is easy, but it's definitely work because the mind/ego will rebel against doing this like a mad bitch. You'll be restless, wanting to distract yourself, wanting to stop. You'll come up with a million reasosn to quit. You'll get mad, you'll think why the fuck am I doing this to myself, again? All kinds of roadblocks will come up. It takes disciple, to keep re-directing your mind back to the task, to focus, to keep trying. Thats the part thats the work. You just keep working on it. The only reason I can do it for 6 hours at a time or longer is because I've worked hard to get there, over years and years, thats all. Its just work. Anybody can do it.

Another thing is a thought awareness meditation that can be done as much as possible. You might be surprised the nasty thoughts your subconscious is feeding you when your mind is on auto-pilot. Replace those thoughts with positive affirmation.

Even if you are too tired, depressed or busy to think of something clever you can always say something simple like

"Positive thoughts bring me positive results I desire"

Or:

"I now think positive thoughts that bring me happiness."

Or just reverse the bad thought when applicable.

I hope this is helpful for someone. The biggest thing is don't give up and if something in your life isn't working don't be afraid to try something new. For some it will just take time and persistence, but I believe everyone who has this can beat it without resorting to dangerous pharmacy pills or worse.
Void it's good even for hung-ups and addiction! It's the most useful meditation :D

Void meditation gives one control over their thoughts and increased concentration and control. It has nothing to do with depression per se. Its true that one who does void meditation regularly (and everyone should do it ) can easily banish negative thoughts and emotions instantly without even thinking about it. Its almost like a knee-jerk reflex. At a point you'll even get a eerie feeling while seconds before some thought comes up and you can just terminate the thought process within that time span. The problem is the depression is a psychological problem and the negative energy still is there even if you never pay attention to it. To permanently rid yourself of depression you need to force the energy out completely. Lydia's psychological healing working is awesome for this task. Vin in my experience is an awesome rune to work with.

Jack The GOOD guy said:
Its true that one who does void meditation regularly (and everyone should do it ) can easily banish negative thoughts and emotion..

This is why I wanted to emphasis this as void meditation can be done anytime even at work or while doing menial chores around the house.

There are 24 hrs in a day and you can have faster results by adding this whenever possible.

Reprogramming your mind is also important as I mention at the end.

Jack The GOOD guy said:
To permanently rid yourself of depression you need to force the energy out completely. Lydia's psychological healing working is awesome for this task. Vin in my experience is an awesome rune to work with.

One should and can do other things for depression such as this. I didn't want to chronicle every method as this has been done.

I'm also sharing this from my own personal experience. I had a crippling depression for over a year. I did not have the Jos at the time and just a combination of void, positive thinking and action completely transformed me over time.

Consistancy is key here. Once a meditation has been started don't stop because you are feeling better. Even someone who was never depressed before will feel bad due to the drop in energy.

luis said:
Void it's good even for hung-ups and addiction! It's the most useful meditation :D

Definitely! I used it a lot when I quit smoking this year and it was a big help.

I also did a sun square to help boost my mood and affirmations but the void was what I used to distract from the constant
cravings throughout the day.

Jack The GOOD guy said:
Void meditation gives one control over their thoughts and increased concentration and control. It has nothing to do with depression per se. Its true that one who does void meditation regularly (and everyone should do it ) can easily banish negative thoughts and emotions instantly without even thinking about it. Its almost like a knee-jerk reflex. At a point you'll even get a eerie feeling while seconds before some thought comes up and you can just terminate the thought process within that time span. The problem is the depression is a psychological problem and the negative energy still is there even if you never pay attention to it. To permanently rid yourself of depression you need to force the energy out completely. Lydia's psychological healing working is awesome for this task. Vin in my experience is an awesome rune to work with.
We are not saying that void alone is enough for depression and hung-ups but it help a lot by not giving more energy to negative thought and emotional, for example let's say that you have sucidial thought and you are doing a working to stop this, well with only the working it's going to take some time to work if you are giving negative energy to those tought, if you do both void and a working then it's going to be quicker.

But, as HPS Maxine has written, one could just as easily do it at work; all it requires is to put all your attention onto whatever it is you're doing, to the exclusion of everything else. You'll know you hit the zone because all the worry's, fears and things that swirl around in/at your mind 24/7 just go away, the mind goes still, quiet, you'll feel very calm, centred, tranquil and it feels very good.

Now i know why i hate it if i have nothing or not much to do at work, but still have to fill the hours. If someone plays intense a video game(the ones you don´t have to make your own decisions, only reakt to something) like side scroll shooter does this also count as void meditation?

BMF said:
But, as HPS Maxine has written, one could just as easily do it at work; all it requires is to put all your attention onto whatever it is you're doing, to the exclusion of everything else. You'll know you hit the zone because all the worry's, fears and things that swirl around in/at your mind 24/7 just go away, the mind goes still, quiet, you'll feel very calm, centred, tranquil and it feels very good.

Now i know why i hate it if i have nothing or not much to do at work, but still have to fill the hours. If someone plays intense a video game(the ones you don´t have to make your own decisions, only reakt to something) like side scroll shooter does this also count as void meditation?

I don't know if one can do void during a video game, but I don't think you should count it towards your daily meditation practice regardless.

We don't need people claiming "oh, I just meditated 8 hours playing video games" :lol:

If you're not sure what an active void feels like try practising it with yoga like Zola mentioned. Then you can apply it to other situations. I've used it while drawing, playing musical instruments, exercise, work, and chores around the house. If you can use it at work it's really helpful because it can keep you focused, not bored and even gives extra energy sometimes.

Also you might want to re-read this:

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Void_Meditation.html

You could be practising some void meditation with your downtime at work :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back