Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Can imagination help develop astral senses?

SilentSeeker

I write as a hobby, and i get really into it. Like, i can sit there and just 'see' parts that i plan to write. For example, in one story of mine, my protagonist is running through a forest area, chased by a crazy dog-like monster creature the size of a house, and she leaps off a cliff and into a river below to get away from it. She washes down the river a ways before getting back on land. As i sat there and came up with that part of the story, i tried to put myself in my protagonist's shoes and imagine what it would have felt like: to run through the forest, smell the surrounding woods, see the trees and shadows they cast, feel the branches and leaves whip against skin, hear the creature giving chase and roaring as it closes in, feel the heart pounding, feel the emptiness of air after the leap, see the churning water below, hear the splash and feel the iciness of it all around, the sensation of being carried in the water.

So, if i think of scenes like that, and immerse myself and focus on what my protagonist would be experiencing -- what she sees, hears, smells, tastes, or feels -- in whatever scenarios i come up with, can i use that as a sort of exercise to develop my astral senses more? Or am i just getting caught up in my imagination and hindering my progress in doing so?

You can DEFINITELY work on your astral senses like that!!! The iciness of the water = you work with water element itself in a sense.
You feel the air = air element.
You feel the ground, soil, etc. = earth element.
You feel a burning feeling that is as warm as if You were standing by the fire = fire element. :)

Man, i hope so haha Sometimes, I'll just be so into it, you know? Just watching my story play out, and then i lose track of time haha If doing that can help hone my astral senses, then at least I'll know that I'm not wasting time.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back