Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Catholicism Crumbles - Now It's Orthodoxies Time To Fall

Arcadia

No idea whether anyone has posted about this yet, but I'm sure a multitude of people are just about to hear the news or already have.
In short, the Constantinople Orthodox Sect has disowned the Russian Orthodox Sect. For those not in the know, if my memory serves correctly, the Constantinople Sect serves as the Vatican equivalent of the Orthodox denomination, whereas the Russian Orthodox Sect serves under it, much like any regional Catholic sect would serve the Vatican. Its important to note however, the Russian Orthodox Sect represents roughly 2/3rds of the total global Orthodox population, meaning this disowning is a huge huge HUGE split down the middle. There can be no recovery from this, can't really put into words how massive a fall it is for the governing body.

Why, however? As far as I've been able to tell, the distancing of the Russian Sect from Constantinople is a result of the Ukraine Orthodox Sect being given self-determination status (known as Autocephaly), meaning their head bishop no longer needs to answer to a "higher" Bishop, ie, one in the Russian Church. In spite of the split between Russia and Ukraine politically, they still remained linked through the existence of the Church's governing system. Well, not anymore. The Russian Church has of course labeled this as "westernization", and a "catastrophe". Now, Orthodox Churches all over will now need to pick their allegiance. With the technical true governing body, or with the largest body? Constantinople or Russia? Needless to say, a win for us all, and proof that it's not just the Catholics who can fall. Keep up them RTRs.

At this rate, all we need is a news story of drama within the Protestant denominations and we have three for three for Xianity's most major denominations.

Source (as always I encourage you to find your own sources too)
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/10/russian-orthodox-church-splits-constantinople-ukraine-181015201851549.html

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back