Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Chakra Tones

Dypet Rod

This post is mostly directed to musicians and/or people who are familiar with the musical notes and their nomenclatures, BUT anyone's inputs are welcome.

If you are not familiar with the names of musical notes, you can use this online tone generator as a reference:

http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Alright, so let's begin.

Besides vibrating a specific mantra, one very important thing in opening our chakras is to vibrate that mantra in the same frequency the chakra vibrates in. This is when we feel the vibration right in the location of the chakra.
It's like people who manage to break a glass cup just by chanting into it. This can only be achieved by finding the frequency of the cup.

In the JoS, it only instructs us to experiment with it until we find the right tone and feel it in the right spot. But truth be told, in practice, this can be a little confusing, as more than one different tone may feel right, or we may think we are not paying attention to it the right way. So a post like this can be of help for people who are trying to open their chakras, including myself.
Especially for first-timers in opening their chakras, as this must be certainly easier and make a little less difference for people who are already born open to some extent.

First of all, regarding octaves: I believe this does not matter much.

I have some instruments at home, among them are a snare drum and an acoustic guitar.
Snare drums have a strap of metal wires attached under it, which gives them their characteristic sound.

Something curious I noticed is that, whenever I take my acoustic guitar and play the G (Sol) note on it, if I am in the same room where the snare drum is, this causes that metal strap under it to vibrate. F# and G# also causes some of this effect, but no other note I play on the guitar causes this strap under the snare to vibrate more intensely than the G note!

And this happens no matter what octave I play the G note in. Although some octaves seem to cause the strap to vibrate a little stronger than others, especially the lower ones compared to higher ones. But basically, any octave I play it in, causes this.

As I have mentioned in other messages recently, I am currently redoing the exercises for opening the chakras.
I have been successful with my third eye, as even though I haven't had blatant visions yet, I can feel it on my forehead most of the time.
Two tones seemed to have helped me open it: A# and E. The E4 octave, to be exact. As I am a male and my voice is dense and deep (some people have nicknamed me "thunder voice"), I can reach this octave more comfortably by chanting it in falsetto. This may make you sound funny if you're a male, but it helps you a lot to feel the vibration right in your head. For women, it is easier to chant it in a natural and comfortable way.

I am currently on my 6th chakra, but I'm confused/undecided as to which tone resonates best in it.

In the Yaum Mp3 audio, Maxine vibrates it in D.
But I have looked up "pineal gland frequency" (as the JoS states the pineal gland is part of the 6th chakra, and that both this gland and this chakra are a set of its own), and it's said to be 936 Hz. This is A#5. Very high. I can only reach it in falsetto, but it still feels uncomfortable even so. So I've also been vibrating it in lower octaves than that, as well as trying the D tone.
Both seem to resonate in the middle of my head sometimes, but not so much in other times. Also, when it does resonate, it affects mostly my third eye, so it's hard to tell if it's being effective on my 6th chakra at all.

(Yes, I know that the third eye is an extension of the 6th chakra and that getting both of them stimulated is probably an expected result, but it's still confusing to tell whether it's working on my 6th)

When looking up about the subject, I've stumbled across many different sources with lists of chakra notes/frequencies, but each one of them gives different information.
So it's probably best to ask here, from people who have successfully opened their chakras:

Which tones (if you remember) have helped you open your chakras? Which tones worked on which of them for you?
As I said in the beginning, you can also use the tone generator for reference if you'd like to answer but you're not familiar with the names of notes.

Do you know of any page with accurate information about the frequencies of each chakra?

Also, do you think volume matters?

Sorry for so much information in the same post. If this caught your attention and you know something about this, answer just what you can and it will be much appreciated.

Also, one thing I'd like to add:

On the JoS, in older versions of the awakening exercises to open the lower chakras (from the "heart" chakra down), it's stated that you need to lower your chin to your chest in order to feel the vibration in the right spot.

However, from my experiences in singing, when you lower your head, this causes the vibration to resonate more in the head, as this makes the head more physically accessible to inner vibration, thus also making it easier to vibrate higher notes. Whereas raising your head up and dropping it back makes the chest area more accessible to vibration and causes it to resonate more there, which also makes it easier to reach lower notes.

Also:
Since the 3rd chakra is the solar chakra, it makes sense to me that the note that probably vibrates best in it is G (Sol, meaning Sun). And if you consider the fact that each major tone has its relative minor, this would match the pair that the solar chakra forms with the 6th chakra, as the relative minor of G is A#.

Again, I know all of this sounds rather complex, but I still hope this gets some attention, at least regarding the main point of it, which is which tones vibrate best on which chakras.

Dypet Rod said:
This post is mostly directed to musicians and/or people who are familiar with the musical notes and their nomenclatures, BUT anyone's inputs are welcome.

If you are not familiar with the names of musical notes, you can use this online tone generator as a reference:

http://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

Alright, so let's begin.

Besides vibrating a specific mantra, one very important thing in opening our chakras is to vibrate that mantra in the same frequency the chakra vibrates in. This is when we feel the vibration right in the location of the chakra.
It's like people who manage to break a glass cup just by chanting into it. This can only be achieved by finding the frequency of the cup.

In the JoS, it only instructs us to experiment with it until we find the right tone and feel it in the right spot. But truth be told, in practice, this can be a little confusing, as more than one different tone may feel right, or we may think we are not paying attention to it the right way. So a post like this can be of help for people who are trying to open their chakras, including myself.
Especially for first-timers in opening their chakras, as this must be certainly easier and make a little less difference for people who are already born open to some extent.

First of all, regarding octaves: I believe this does not matter much.

I have some instruments at home, among them are a snare drum and an acoustic guitar.
Snare drums have a strap of metal wires attached under it, which gives them their characteristic sound.

Something curious I noticed is that, whenever I take my acoustic guitar and play the G (Sol) note on it, if I am in the same room where the snare drum is, this causes that metal strap under it to vibrate. F# and G# also causes some of this effect, but no other note I play on the guitar causes this strap under the snare to vibrate more intensely than the G note!

And this happens no matter what octave I play the G note in. Although some octaves seem to cause the strap to vibrate a little stronger than others, especially the lower ones compared to higher ones. But basically, any octave I play it in, causes this.

As I have mentioned in other messages recently, I am currently redoing the exercises for opening the chakras.
I have been successful with my third eye, as even though I haven't had blatant visions yet, I can feel it on my forehead most of the time.
Two tones seemed to have helped me open it: A# and E. The E4 octave, to be exact. As I am a male and my voice is dense and deep (some people have nicknamed me "thunder voice"), I can reach this octave more comfortably by chanting it in falsetto. This may make you sound funny if you're a male, but it helps you a lot to feel the vibration right in your head. For women, it is easier to chant it in a natural and comfortable way.

I am currently on my 6th chakra, but I'm confused/undecided as to which tone resonates best in it.

In the Yaum Mp3 audio, Maxine vibrates it in D.
But I have looked up "pineal gland frequency" (as the JoS states the pineal gland is part of the 6th chakra, and that both this gland and this chakra are a set of its own), and it's said to be 936 Hz. This is A#5. Very high. I can only reach it in falsetto, but it still feels uncomfortable even so. So I've also been vibrating it in lower octaves than that, as well as trying the D tone.
Both seem to resonate in the middle of my head sometimes, but not so much in other times. Also, when it does resonate, it affects mostly my third eye, so it's hard to tell if it's being effective on my 6th chakra at all.

(Yes, I know that the third eye is an extension of the 6th chakra and that getting both of them stimulated is probably an expected result, but it's still confusing to tell whether it's working on my 6th)

When looking up about the subject, I've stumbled across many different sources with lists of chakra notes/frequencies, but each one of them gives different information.
So it's probably best to ask here, from people who have successfully opened their chakras:

Which tones (if you remember) have helped you open your chakras? Which tones worked on which of them for you?
As I said in the beginning, you can also use the tone generator for reference if you'd like to answer but you're not familiar with the names of notes.

Do you know of any page with accurate information about the frequencies of each chakra?

Also, do you think volume matters?

Sorry for so much information in the same post. If this caught your attention and you know something about this, answer just what you can and it will be much appreciated.

Also, one thing I'd like to add:

On the JoS, in older versions of the awakening exercises to open the lower chakras (from the "heart" chakra down), it's stated that you need to lower your chin to your chest in order to feel the vibration in the right spot.

However, from my experiences in singing, when you lower your head, this causes the vibration to resonate more in the head, as this makes the head more physically accessible to inner vibration, thus also making it easier to vibrate higher notes. Whereas raising your head up and dropping it back makes the chest area more accessible to vibration and causes it to resonate more there, which also makes it easier to reach lower notes.

Also:
Since the 3rd chakra is the solar chakra, it makes sense to me that the note that probably vibrates best in it is G (Sol, meaning Sun). And if you consider the fact that each major tone has its relative minor, this would match the pair that the solar chakra forms with the 6th chakra, as the relative minor of G is A#.

Again, I know all of this sounds rather complex, but I still hope this gets some attention, at least regarding the main point of it, which is which tones vibrate best on which chakras.

Correction:
The relative minor of A# is G.

There is no fixed tone or vibration for a given chakra as their momentary frequency oscillates across a range of different values. This depends on multiple factors such as the level of advancement, mood, emotions you're feeling in a given moment and so on. Not to mention that the close you come to turn them to gold, the more the frequency rises.

Audio recordings from the clergy are given to make someone understand the pronunciation, not the tone it should be vibrated to. In fact, every beginner meditation teaches that one must practice until they find the right frequency. At that point, is when the stimulation really counts.

When it comes to me, I don't use a tone generation. However, through sound meditation I've notice that, for example, Pachelbel's Cannon and Gigue in D (Re) stimulates both my crown chakra and my temple chakra, also plunging me in very blissful ocean. I don't much about music theory, so I can't exactly tell which octave are the musical compositions I listen to.

I hope I understood correctly what you're asking. If not, feel free to tell me what I misunderstood. My crown chakra being stimulated with Re could fit your theory of the solar plexus being related to Sol, as long as the distance between each chakra is one musical note.

Stormblood said:
There is no fixed tone or vibration for a given chakra as their momentary frequency oscillates across a range of different values. This depends on multiple factors such as the level of advancement, mood, emotions you're feeling in a given moment and so on. Not to mention that the close you come to turn them to gold, the more the frequency rises.

Audio recordings from the clergy are given to make someone understand the pronunciation, not the tone it should be vibrated to. In fact, every beginner meditation teaches that one must practice until they find the right frequency. At that point, is when the stimulation really counts.

When it comes to me, I don't use a tone generation. However, through sound meditation I've notice that, for example, Pachelbel's Cannon and Gigue in D (Re) stimulates both my crown chakra and my temple chakra, also plunging me in very blissful ocean. I don't much about music theory, so I can't exactly tell which octave are the musical compositions I listen to.

I hope I understood correctly what you're asking. If not, feel free to tell me what I misunderstood. My crown chakra being stimulated with Re could fit your theory of the solar plexus being related to Sol, as long as the distance between each chakra is one musical note.

Yes, you understood my question correctly. Thank you for the answer. I did not even consider this fact, that the frequency in which the chakra vibrates changes, especially as we open it further and as it starts spinning faster.

So it seems that we just have to take the time to find the right tone again at every new meditation session, in order to catch the frequency in which the chakra is currently vibrating.

I thought that about the audio recordings, too. But I just wondered if Maxine could have happened to instinctively record the audios in the tones that personally work best for her.

And yes, if you count from base to crown, it makes sense to think about it that way. I'm not sure if the distance between the chakras relates to the distance between the full notes in a scale, though.
I related the pairs the male and female chakras form (like the crown and the base) with the concept of relative minors in music theory, which is every 6th note of a major scale (for example, La is the relative minor of Do), but I'm not sure if that relation is accurate, either.

The violin is one of the most high-tuned musical instruments by the way, reaching very high octaves. Perhaps this also plays a role on how these compositions stimulate the chakras located in your head :)

Update: I just tried vibrating Yaum in D4 in falsetto on my 6th chakra a while ago. It felt more stimulating than the other tones I've been trying.

It may be that each chakra vibrates in a standard frequency, but that it sometimes oscillates to a bit higher or lower than that standard frequency, depending on our emotions, psychological state and such, like Stormblood said.

For example, supposing that the 6th chakra really vibrates in D (Re), it may sometimes oscillate to Db (Re flat) or D# (Re sharp), or even to C (Do) or E (Mi), in a similar way to which strings on a guitar often get de-tuned to a lower or higher note due to impacts, change in pressure on the strings, the weather, etc.

In fact, if that theory is accurate, then it would be more likely for the frequency of the chakras to drop to a slightly lower one, than to increase to a slightly higher one, as our chakras vibrate faster (in a higher frequency) when we work on them, so I suppose that neglecting work on them makes them weaker and causes their frequency to drop, as it's also the tendency with guitar strings.

Also, if this happens to be accurate for everyone, then if we relate the standard C major scale to our seven chakras counting from the crown to the base (with Do corresponding to the crown and Si corresponding to the base), then D (Re) would indeed correspond to the 6th chakra, and G (Sol) would indeed correspond to the Solar chakra.

I wonder how far my ability to propose theories go lol.

Stormblood said:
Seems like we are the only interested people in this. I wish for someone else with knowledge of music theory and harmonics to keep the conversation alive. I don't know what else can I add.

I wish so, too. Or at least that people in general (not necessarily those who are knowledgeable on this) shared which tone worked for them to open which chakra of theirs, using the tone generator I shared if necessary.

I was just about to share a small piece of information before I saw your reply, though:
When trying to find the right spot, it seems that there are certain maneuvers that can help relocate the vibration to more accurate spots, even in the same tone.

What I mentioned about raising or lowering your head are clearer examples of such maneuvers, but I also noticed something else when working on my 6th chakra.

I don't know how to explain exactly how I do this, but when I vibrate D4 on my 6th chakra, I do it in a way that enables me to feel it more strongly in the middle of my head.
What I can say is that it feels the same way it does when you vibrate "M-M-M-M-M-M-M" in any tone with your lips closed, and it feels like it kind of pushes your eardrums outwards. You can feel it ringing in your ears. I manage to do the same while vibrating the other letters (Y, A and U) with my mouth open. I'm not sure if something happens with my glottis when I do this, if certain muscles contract in the back of my throat, etc, but I unconsciously do some minor kind of "maneuver" that enables me to vibrate it in that specific way even when I have my mouth open.

The point is, this enables me to relocate the vibration more to the middle/back of my head, whereas when I don't do this, I feel it more in the front, like on my forehead and nearby areas. I'm not sure if I was clear enough, but this is it.

This may be useful for focusing the vibration specifically on the main middle chakra, or on its front/back extensions.

I can definitely feel different Chakras by listening to various songs.

For example, I can feel my 3rd eye and 6th Chakra whilst listening to this beauty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ioyEvdggk

I can feel Crown a little bit, but still mostly 3rd eye while listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOA-2hl1Vbc.

Still have yet to find songs which make me feel lower Chakras. Maybe it's because my lower Chakras are a tad bit weaker than Heart and the upper ones, or maybe it's because most music mainly stimulates higher ones.

Reckoned666 said:

For example, I can feel my 3rd eye and 6th Chakra whilst listening to this beauty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9ioyEvdggk

I can feel Crown a little bit, but still mostly 3rd eye while listening to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOA-2hl1Vbc.

Still have yet to find songs which make me feel lower Chakras. Maybe it's because my lower Chakras are a tad bit weaker than Heart and the upper ones, or maybe it's because most music mainly stimulates higher ones.

Reckoned666, this is interesting. Stormblood has also reported having the chakras located around his head region stimulated by the second piece you linked (Cannon), as he says in his first reply here. This is a good contribution to our research :cool:

That Canon piece is one of my favorites. Also, I did another test, with this piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFJ7kDva7JE
It's one of my favorites also. What I felt was a bit different - at first, It was the 3rd eye. However, at the 1:10 mark - the color of radiant green filled my vision, and i felt my Heart Chakra. I even feel it right now as I am typing this. I think it is quite a coincidence that it means Marriage of Love.

Dypet Rod said:
Reckoned666 said:

Reckoned666, this is interesting. Stormblood has also reported having the chakras located around his head region stimulated by the second piece you linked (Cannon), as he says in his first reply here. This is a good contribution to our research :cool:

Reckoned666 said:
That Canon piece is one of my favorites. Also, I did another test, with this piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFJ7kDva7JE
It's one of my favorites also. What I felt was a bit different - at first, It was the 3rd eye. However, at the 1:10 mark - the color of radiant green filled my vision, and i felt my Heart Chakra. I even feel it right now as I am typing this. I think it is quite a coincidence that it means Marriage of Love.

Dypet Rod said:
Reckoned666 said:

Hmm, I've never noticed it before when listening to it, but now that you reported this, I decided to listen to it until the 1:10 mark and just let the notes penetrate my ears while I listened, and I experienced something similar. I felt energy/vibration/slight formication expanding from the middle of my chest and spreading to my shoulders.

Dypet Rod said:
Reckoned666 said:

Dypet Rod said:

Hmm, I've never noticed it before when listening to it, but now that you reported this, I decided to listen to it until the 1:10 mark and just let the notes penetrate my ears while I listened, and I experienced something similar. I felt energy/vibration/slight formication expanding from the middle of my chest and spreading to my shoulders.

Same. I still feel the crown chakra a lot, though. It's very easily stimulated by music

Reckoned666 said:

I can feel my root chakra and partially my sacral chakra when listening to the first song in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppzcjw2Xq1Y

Tried it. Feel a weak burning sensation in my root Chakra. Note, my strongest Chakra is Heart and 2nd strongest is 6th.
So automatically I can feel them much more easier than the rest ones, and they can be simulated to a bigger degree.

Stormblood said:
Reckoned666 said:

I can feel my root chakra and partially my sacral chakra when listening to the first song in this playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppzcjw2Xq1Y

Stormblood said:
Reckoned666 said:

Can't say I felt anything obvious/remarkable, other than a slight emphasis in my waist region (the region of the sacral), but indeed I have always considered E (Mi) Minor to be a "hot" tone/scale. Especially when played in this type of music. The emphasis on drums must probably play a role in stimulating the base/root chakra too, as probably do the visuals and colors in the video.

Depending on how these experiments progress, we could even make a 6th Chakra Greatest Hits list, and do the same with the other chakras haha.

For sure, we can make a tier list of what songs and what tones work best for certain Chakras. Then make a tier list, of course SS rank would mean that it's the best tone for a specific Chakra. Then comes S, A, B, C and D.

It'll be a bit easier when I'll strengthen my bottom Chakras. And i'm going to do it by the end of this year, so I will feel them more clearly for sure.

Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:
Reckoned666 said:

Can't say I felt anything obvious/remarkable, other than a slight emphasis in my waist region (the region of the sacral), but indeed I have always considered E (Mi) Minor to be a "hot" tone/scale. Especially when played in this type of music. The emphasis on drums must probably play a role in stimulating the base/root chakra too, as probably do the visuals and colors in the video.

Depending on how these experiments progress, we could even make a 6th Chakra Greatest Hits list, and do the same with the other chakras haha.

Aye. I was just thinking that instruments may play a role into this. I see drums as related to earth and the root chakra is of the element of earth, so... Analogously then, wind instruments should stimulate the heart chakra, while string instruments more related to ethereal chakra like the throat, the sixth and the crown. This is just to make a few examples about the theory.

Stormblood said:
Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:

Aye. I was just thinking that instruments may play a role into this. I see drums as related to earth and the root chakra is of the element of earth, so... Analogously then, wind instruments should stimulate the heart chakra, while string instruments more related to ethereal chakra like the throat, the sixth and the crown. This is just to make a few examples about the theory.

Some of the info in the Meditating on Chakra Sounds page partially confirm what you just said, too:

Base Chakra, the physical Level:
Sounds include thunder or a soft hissing. Red

Sacral Chakra, the astral Level:
Roar like the ocean or the sound of wind. Orange

Third chakra the level of will:
H-h-h-a-a-h-h-h sound (silent, like an exhale- no voice; long and continuous) or the sound of humming/vibration “aum.” Yellow

Heart Chakra, the intuitional Level:
Buzzing like a bee (bioelectricity) or the sound of a flute. Green

Throat Chakra the mental Level:
Azazel gave me a sound. The best way I can describe it is like twisting a balloon. Humming can also be used. Blue

6th Chakra, the soul Level
The sound of woodwind instruments. Bluish violet (indigo)

Crown Chakra, the blissful Level
Whisper or no sound- this is felt rather than heard. Violet

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Chakra_Sounds_Meditation.html

As for the string instruments, I believe it has to do with their tuning. Violins probably have the highest tuning of all string instruments (not that I remember any other with an even higher one). I think the higher the octave, the more likely it will be to stimulate the chakras around the head. This is one reason why I have been vibrating mantras in falsetto rather than in my own natural voice in order to work on my 3rd eye and 6th chakra. It feels like it hits right up there.

But indeed, the texture of each instrument most likely plays a role in this.

On a side note, those who are familiar with playing string instruments know that the strings kinda have a buzzing sound to them, too.

zolaluckystar said:
I'm actually very interested in this but I'm not conversant in musical lingo, I didn't think I could add anything terribly intelligent.

Except, remember that post by HPS Maxine and she showed this photo of a hyieroglyph in Egypt? I think it was Osiris doing some kind of 'tuning' of Horus's chakras; He had an erection and Osiris had this kind of tuning fork looking thingee in his hand? I DO think theres something to it. To using the musical tones.

I loved this one kundalini teachers gong bath she'd give us. We'd do an hour practice and then get a 20 minute gong bath of sound while laying in savassanah....it felt fucking amazing.

I projected out of body once during the 'bath' of sound...so yeah. I think theres something to it for sure.

Zola dear, you can feel free to add anything a bit more simplistic pertaining to this :) It is just as valid and just as welcome. Songs, experiences, sounds that helped you open your chakras, etc.

And I'm not sure, but do you mean this? http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/EgyptOne.html

I remember when you told me a bit about this gong bath, and how it stimulated your third eye, and how there were other astral beings taking the gong bath, too. It sounds like the gong sound is good for stimulating the aura/soul as a whole.

Dypet Rod said:
Stormblood said:
Dypet Rod said:

Some of the info in the Meditating on Chakra Sounds page partially confirm what you just said, too:

Base Chakra, the physical Level:
Sounds include thunder or a soft hissing. Red

Sacral Chakra, the astral Level:
Roar like the ocean or the sound of wind. Orange

Third chakra the level of will:
H-h-h-a-a-h-h-h sound (silent, like an exhale- no voice; long and continuous) or the sound of humming/vibration “aum.” Yellow

Heart Chakra, the intuitional Level:
Buzzing like a bee (bioelectricity) or the sound of a flute. Green

Throat Chakra the mental Level:
Azazel gave me a sound. The best way I can describe it is like twisting a balloon. Humming can also be used. Blue

6th Chakra, the soul Level
The sound of woodwind instruments. Bluish violet (indigo)

Crown Chakra, the blissful Level
Whisper or no sound- this is felt rather than heard. Violet

As for the string instruments, I believe it has to do with their tuning. Violins probably have the highest tuning of all string instruments (not that I remember any other with an even higher one). I think the higher the octave, the more likely it will be to stimulate the chakras around the head. This is one reason why I have been vibrating mantras in falsetto rather than in my own natural voice in order to work on my 3rd eye and 6th chakra. It feels like it hits right up there.

On a side note, those who are familiar with playing string instruments know that the strings kinda have a buzzing sound to them, too.

I used to play the violin some while ago, and it was during that time that I first opened my third eye. I was still practicing trying to visualize it and breathe energy into it to feel it. One time while we were either tuning or practicing octaves, we played a note that would've either been A or B, and almost immediately upon doing so I felt an immense buildup of pressure in my third eye. My mind wasn't on meditation so it surprised me initially, but nevertheless, neat experience that this discussion reminded me of.

Powstanie Pogańskie said:
I used to play the violin some while ago, and it was during that time that I first opened my third eye. I was still practicing trying to visualize it and breathe energy into it to feel it. One time while we were either tuning or practicing octaves, we played a note that would've either been A or B, and almost immediately upon doing so I felt an immense buildup of pressure in my third eye. My mind wasn't on meditation so it surprised me initially, but nevertheless, neat experience that this discussion reminded me of.

That is a remarkable experience, thank you for adding this. I don't remember experiencing anything similar when playing any instruments myself, but I suppose it must feel like literally playing into your soul lol.

Maybe either the working you did on your third eye caused it to become more sensitive to external vibration, or the texture of the violin sound kind of conditioned your 6th chakra/third eye to become easier to be opened, or both things.

Quick, everyone who is still looking to open their third eye, buy a violin, even if it's a cheap one, and start playing it xDD

On a side note (note...get it?), I have also been successful in opening my third eye using A, and on some days, E, but it felt like A was more effective.

zolaluckystar said:
Oooh, yes! Thats it! Thanks :)

You're welcome, but I just couldn't spot the tuning fork looking thing lol. But still, yes, there is a high possibility of these hyieroglyphs indicating something related to this.

And speaking of that, I also think that the worship of cats in Ancient Egypt may have something to do with opening the chakras, too.
Did you notice that the Sanskrit mantras for opening the chakras, like Yaum, Maum, etc, all resemble a variation of a cat's meow?

Not to mention that they say cats have "seven lives" (in some places, nine).

Dypet Rod said:
zolaluckystar said:
Oooh, yes! Thats it! Thanks :)

You're welcome, but I just couldn't spot the tuning fork looking thing lol. But still, yes, there is a high possibility of these hyieroglyphs indicating something related to this.

couldn't spot the tuning fork

It's on the foremost hieroglyph stand. The God to the right is "tuning" the Chakras of the God to the left.
Maxine addresses it like this: "The other God is holding a cone shaped object, this I believe indicates concentration of energy, as the base is wide and the apex tapers to a point. The concentrated energy is directed into the 3rd eye."

I believe the cone shaped object and the "fork" zola mentioned is the same thing.

Dypet Rod said:

Violins are my favourite instrument, together with pianos. Piano are also considered string instruments in my country. I think harps and lyres are beautiful-sounding too and we know about harp symbolism from and old Mageson's sermon about the Druids.

So, perhaps chakras have more to do with different octaves, rather than particular notes, as you already expressed. What I mean by this is that they can be stimulated only by notes pertaining to a certain octave, with some notes being more stimulant than others, according to the factors of advancement and emotions we expressed earlier.

Dypet Rod said:
zolaluckystar said:
I'm actually very interested in this but I'm not conversant in musical lingo, I didn't think I could add anything terribly intelligent.

Except, remember that post by HPS Maxine and she showed this photo of a hyieroglyph in Egypt? I think it was Osiris doing some kind of 'tuning' of Horus's chakras; He had an erection and Osiris had this kind of tuning fork looking thingee in his hand? I DO think theres something to it. To using the musical tones.

I loved this one kundalini teachers gong bath she'd give us. We'd do an hour practice and then get a 20 minute gong bath of sound while laying in savassanah....it felt fucking amazing.

I projected out of body once during the 'bath' of sound...so yeah. I think theres something to it for sure.

Zola dear, you can feel free to add anything a bit more simplistic pertaining to this :) It is just as valid and just as welcome. Songs, experiences, sounds that helped you open your chakras, etc.

And I'm not sure, but do you mean this? http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/EgyptOne.html

I remember when you told me a bit about this gong bath, and how it stimulated your third eye, and how there were other astral beings taking the gong bath, too. It sounds like the gong sound is good for stimulating the aura/soul as a whole.

The whole sermon there reminds me of the single serpent meditation.

zolaluckystar said:
Oh sorry I suppose I should have posted it, I just assumed you'd see it...erm.

its circled in red:

W2PAj2u.jpg

As soon as I saw this I immediately knew/intuited/understood it's a kind of tuning device....analogous to a tuning fork you know, you rap it on something and it vibrates and makes a tone? its like that but far more sophisticated. A kind of device. And you can dial the tone up or down as needed. Remember they had science AND spirituality. They're using sexual energy but....I think also sound vibrations. To tune the chakras. But hey, thats just my gut intuition. I could be wrong (but I think I'm right :cool: ).

"Depending on how these experiments progress, we could even make a 6th Chakra Greatest Hits list, and do the same with the other chakras haha"

I actually think thats a fantastic idea :D And what you said Stormblood: different instruments for different chakras. I think this is really interesting and exciting. If we had some kind of greatest hits....figure out a yoga routine that matches up to the tones as different poses link up to the different chakras also - I learned that in yoga teachers class and is something I'm interested to develop, once the portraits are done - its on my to do list :D I got the idea because while in yoga training, I remembered a lucid dream where we (a group of us) were doing something quite like that and this was in ancient times. it was very long ago. We were doing yoga at dawn outside in the rays of the rising sun, naked. When we were done we went, retrieved our robes/clothes, threw them back on and filed back inside the temple. It was part of the daily routine. We were naked so we could recieve the full benefit of the rays of the rising sun. There wasn't any of the shame and emberrasment you might think you'd feel doing contorted poses in a group of men and women starkers nowadays. Very matter of fact. I lingered last to speak to the HP who was just putting on a kind of skirt, like you see on the pillars there.This was a powerful dream. For what thats worth.

Anyhow....sorry went off into the weeds there....what I was saying...followed by a meditation compilation to listen to after for savassanah, to trip on. Dang! Thats very inspiring!

hmm 9 lives
Isn't 9 one of Satans numbers? I'm sure I just saw that somewhere but damned if I can find it now when I want to check my facts...

I couldn't help but sketching this up:

Indeed an excellent idea!!

Thank you for pointing out the device, at first I was focusing on the cone-shape thing like Reckoned666 mentioned. I didn't actually know what a tuning fork was, so I looked it up, and then I looked at the other walls behind, and thought it could be the one you circled, but wasn't sure haha.

Wikipedia says that the tuning fork was invented in 1711 though, but it could certainly be a similar device, more sophisticated as you put it. And the cone-shaped thing on the middle wall could also represent a specific chakra being tuned.

And that's quite a curious lucid dream. In present times, I would only dare doing a yoga routine like that alone lol.

And yes, I can't recall an exact reference either, but I'm pretty sure 9 is a number of Satan. 666 is also a multiple of 9, and 9 is a number which always revolves to itself. Multiply any number by 9, add up the digits, and the result will always be...9. This is an amazing phenomenon.

Stormblood said:
Dypet Rod said:

Violins are my favourite instrument, together with pianos. Piano are also considered string instruments in my country. I think harps and lyres are beautiful-sounding too and we know about harp symbolism from and old Mageson's sermon about the Druids.

So, perhaps chakras have more to do with different octaves, rather than particular notes, as you already expressed. What I mean by this is that they can be stimulated only by notes pertaining to a certain octave, with some notes being more stimulant than others, according to the factors of advancement and emotions we expressed earlier.

Yes, at this point of the discussion, this really sounds like a more consistent theory. It also relates to what the clergy often says about octaves relating to the planets (which in turn rule the chakras), like: "the lowest octave of Saturn".

I also went to that tone generator just to check how many octaves were there, and there were 8, with just 3 extra lower notes. Some of these octaves are impossible to reproduce vocally or even be heard by the physical ear, though. But the ones that are possible to chant are probably close enough to stimulate the upper chakras.

I like the violin, too. I used to play it, but didn't advance much at it beyond playing a few scales before I put it aside.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back