Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Advice for affirmations

Ol argedco luciftias

So what do you see most people suggest? "Just glue on "in a positive way" to the end of whatever you're saying" But is this really the right thing to do?

"In a positive way" is pretty meaningless as a specific affirmation, like not much thought actually went into it. Vague, general, it could really mean anything. And does the word positive automatically make it all good? I mean someone got a positive HIV test and that's obviously horrible, but I bet they spent every day affirming all their workings "in a positive way" and surely the energy literally manifested "in a positive way", energy is stupid it did exactly what it was told to and came up Positive. And "in a positive way" is not personal either, it's just vague meaningless words. Being vague disperses energy and leaves it without being specifically directed. Scatters the force all over in no specific way. There's a million different ways it can go, more possibilities than you can imagine, do you want to trust the energy to choose for you what path to take? What if it's a way that isn't what you meant and is bad for you? If you just use some generic meaningless directionless phrase and wildly glue it anywhere, what does that actually mean or do for you? What is the effect of such an unclear statement?

This all started as a reminder that when you make an affirmation, you need to be careful and specific in your words to program the energy in a way that doesn't harm you. But you could be working on anything, you can't recommend one specific affirmation to use for every single situation. So there was this totally general basic and vague reminder that it should be something positive. "Make sure you do it in a positive way" Then some people who saw this somewhat skipped over the actual message and just held onto that one specific phrase, gluing it onto the end of everything they do and advising others to do the same. But that phrase wasn't meant to be the affirmation itself, it was just a simple reminder to make a good affirmation.

I'm not going to make a list of all the ways "positive" could end up bad for you, we can all think of something. A test for a disease showing "positive" is a great example. The word positive doesn't automatically turn your affirmation into something good. And being that non-specific, what do you really think it does? You need to really be specific with affirmations. Think of water going downhill, it always goes the easiest way. It doesn't care whether it's in a river or leaking through your roof, doesn't care what you would prefer it just does what's easiest. This is exactly like energy.

The message was just a reminder to create something positive, not some generic tag to stick onto everything. Use other words to MAKE it be positive. If you want to be happy with your outcome, then be specific and MAKE it be happy, use "happy" in your affirmation. If you want the best outcome, affirm that you get the best outcome for you. If you say "In the best and happiest way for me" then that makes it the most positive it could be, can you imagine anything better than the best and happiest? This is personal, specific, clear, positive, direct, everything it should be. This is what the instruction "in a positive way" meant, to actually create a positive affirmation. Be aware of what you're actually doing, what you actually want, and specifically make it happen. Whatever adjective you're trying for, actually use the word that you mean. Don't be unclear and just hope that somehow it'll work out good.

I always felt that the will is what matter the most in a spell, if i'm saying "In a positive way for me i'm now free from HIV for ever" then why shouldn't work? It's not about the word "positive" that this is about but the whole affirmation, i'm willing to free my self From HIV for ever...in a positive way for me or in the best way for me but it's still the same thing, it's not like i put 'positive' in that affirmation and then is going to materialize that the test is positive but it's just going to get rid of the illness in a positive or best way for me.

The "in a positive way for me" was directily suggested by HP Maxine, you can find it on Jos it's not something we decided. I never had problem with it.

Of course you can't glue in a positive way for me in every single affirmation and expect good results, it's not like i say "now i'm Dead...in a positive way for me" and it makes thing better lol you just die but maybe in a painless death.

I still don't understand why you think putting "in a positive way for me" in the HIV affirmation would be bad, the energy would just manifest of him getting rid of HIV and that is it. Why would do otherwhise? You are litteraly affirming that you want the illness to be gone, if you leave it like that it could happens in many way, like you die and you are free from the illness...well forever but if you add "in a positive way for me" it get rid of all the negative way, this is why adding that would find the best way for you, why would something positive be bad? Remember that you are not only saying in your affirmation 'in a positive way HIV' but way more you are saying that you want to get rid of it and this is what is going to happen, why would it make him have the test positive if that is against his affirmation?

Hope you understand my point. If you still find "in a positive way for me" uncomfortable to use you can still change it with "in the best way for me" and it will work the same way...

We don't just say "in a positive way". If you add the "for me", then it does make it more personal. The "positive" part, makes it in good ways.

Keep in mind, the thing about languages and cultures, is there are different meanings to words and phrases. You are from Africa, if I read somewhere correctly? In America/Canada, "positive ways for me" means good, happy, beneficial, and so on, so there's no need to add all those other words just to be nit-picky.

People need to use the best affirmation for them. Different cultures have different meanings, I had this discussion with a few SS from different places from me. My culture/heritage has certain sayings that don't translate the right way to an American, for example. If I say "you have some talent", an American would think it literally means just a bit, whereas in my culture, it means a lot, it isn't a measurement, it's just a phrase, meaning in particular to the talent you possess. This example actually will not even make sense to 99.99% of people reading this, so if someone wants to debate this phrase, don't bother. It's a cultural thing.

When it comes to magick, the individual mind is what determines the outcome. Different affirmations are needed for different people, based on our psychological understanding of words and phrases.

As I think Johnson Akhemi once said, 'Energy is like a really stupid person. If you tell it to take your garbage out it will take it and will dump it all out on the ground just outside your front door. And not to the dumpster as it should, because energy doesn't think and does exactly what it's told.'

So we place the in a healthy and positive way for me on the end as a sort of security to prevent it working in detrimental ways to us.

So two points. We make affirmations in the present tense and we do make them 'positive'.

The subconscious mind cannot differentiate between positives and negatives.

For example if you're going to be running a race. You're not going to make an affirmation of: I'm not going to lose this race. I'm not going to lose this race, I'm not going to lose this race,.....'

You're going to have to make it in the present and in a positive tense. 'I've won the race, I've beat everyone to the finish line and I feel elated, I've won the race, I've beat everyone to the finish line and I feel elated,....

Our affirmations must be definite, specific and quantifiable and not vague or in the future tense but only in the present or past tense.

I've noticed with feeling that when things are going wrong I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

And when things are great and going well I feel elated in my head.

Charas obviously. Interesting that problems make my stomach turn and success makes me light headed.

Lydia said:
When it comes to magick, the individual mind is what determines the outcome. Different affirmations are needed for different people, based on our psychological understanding of words and phrases.
Would it not be far wrong to say that, due to the Pineal Gland translating telepathic communication from different languages into our own language and understanding, that the Pineal Gland also 'translates' our affirmations and use of words into what we actually mean and intend (I expect to within a margin of error)? Bearing in mind that all non-traditional/non-ancient language - i.e. non-Sanskrit - is inadequate, especially with corruption and dissimilation.

Similarly to what you said, "That's the shit" means/has come to mean, "That's very good/excellent...", but would be misunderstood by someone from elsewhere; or "the dog's bollocks", while not a phrase that I use, means similarly, but to someone else would mean something that we wouldn't want to think about.

So far my personal experience with affirmations has been good using the basic " in a positive way for me" add on. There has been times when I didn't use that or something similar and that was when I noticed negative side effects.

I think Lydia s right and it will vary per individual interpretation. It would be interesting to know if anyone has had a negative outcome using the "positive way for me" statement and if so how did it manifest?

Lydia said:
This is basically what I meant but you explained it better. So everyone uses different phrases depending on culture etc.. so people need to use the phrase that's best for them, not just one generic one for everyone in the world. I know positive means something good for almost everyone, but I still think Best is better to use than just some mystery quantity of positivity, then you know it has to be the best. And happiest ensures that you have the happiest outcome. So it's a quick way to make sure you only get the greatest result, and clear enough to work in any language. One thing I noticed with this affirmation is it sometimes can force me to work much harder for something or go through a bit more of a struggle, so that can be uncomfortable sometimes, but I'm always happy in the end when I end up with a much greater result than I would have gotten otherwise.

Thank you everyone for your comments, you all helped explain what I was trying to say. I don't know why, but when I was writing this post I was having a harder than usual time getting my words together clearly.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Thank you everyone for your comments, you all helped explain what I was trying to say. I don't know why, but when I was writing this post I was having a harder than usual time getting my words together clearly.

This is why I also enjoy it when other SS reply to anything I post, as they cover sides that I did not, or add additional info :)

Go into a light trance and try to feel the different affirmations and how they direct energy. Different workings require different affirmations, sometimes a simple one will get you what you want, other times you need to be specific about what you want to avoid/attract.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back