Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Gloomy Sunday

Dypet Rod

My insights are right most of the time.

Maybe some of you here have heard about the song Gloomy Sunday and the urban legends around it. If you haven't, don't even bother listening to the song itself. It's just an awful song with negative lyrics, and you're not missing anything.

There are at least four different versions of lyrics written by different people for this song. The original Hungarian one, although negative like the others, has nothing directly to do with suicide. The other three are basically about someone who lives in sorrow over the death of their love partner and decides to commit suicide in order to "join them in death".

But it was exactly the original version, the one that has nothing to do with suicide, that made me suspicious. It is of a "less innocent" kind of negativity than the other three versions. Just take a look and see what I mean:

It is autumn and the leaves are falling
All love has died on earth
The wind is weeping with sorrowful tears
My heart will never hope for a new spring again
My tears and my sorrows are all in vain
People are heartless, greedy and wicked...

Love has died!

The world has come to its end, hope has ceased to have a meaning
Cities are being wiped out, shrapnel is making music
Meadows are coloured red with human blood
There are dead people on the streets everywhere
I will say another quiet prayer:
People are sinners, Lord, they make mistakes...

The world has ended!

Basically, just human-hating lyrics. Typical of you know whom.

So I decided to take a look at the author's Wikipedia page, just to investigate his origins:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rezső_Seress

And guess what he is?
Yeah, that's right.

The good news is he indeed commited suicide 35 years after writing this song.

Not just that, he survived jumping out of a window, but choked himself with a wire in the hospital. Now that's a good jew.

Be careful with the music you listen to.

Sounds to me like,"Hospital for Souls" by ~Bring me The Horizon which is typically a Deep,self hating song! :( and so Depressing at the sametime :cry:

HorusLucis said:
Sounds to me like,"Hospital for Souls" by ~Bring me The Horizon which is typically a Deep,self hating song! :( and so Depressing at the sametime :cry:

I haven't heard of this song, but most lyrics in metalcore/deathcore and similar genres are indeed like that, nihilistic, self-hating and so on.

I used to listen to some songs with themes like that years ago (not in metalcore, though), but I guess we naturally drive away from that when we come to Satanism. Nothing really wrong with the music itself, though. Most bands just have bad choices for lyrics.

@Dypet,as an entertainer,you just find yourself in a situation whereby you can't keep on ignoring some songs reQuested by your Fans and like it or not,you gonna play such depressing songs whether you like it or not or else,you realize you're literally fuckin your career.And in such a situation,that's how i came across,"Hospital for souls" :?
Hail Satan!

HorusLucis said:
@Dypet,as an entertainer,you just find yourself in a situation whereby you can't keep on ignoring some songs reQuested by your Fans and like it or not,you gonna play such depressing songs whether you like it or not or else,you realize you're literally fuckin your career.And in such a situation,that's how i came across,"Hospital for souls" :?
Hail Satan!

Yeah there is this issue, too. I suppose there must be pressure on the part of the label and producers for the artists to write what they want them to.

You mean you are a musician yourself?

HorusLucis said:
@Dypet,ahahaa,i ain't a Musician,but a DJ specializing in Rock & EDM. :mrgreen:

Ah, I see.

Well, if you do remixes and things of the sort, this can be considered a musician in a way.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back