Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How is the letter 'J' vibrated in sanskrit?

luis

As the title how is it pronunced? Until now i thought it was like the J in Jaucke but i was reading a old sermon by HP Maxine and she said that it's pronunced like a 'Y'.
For example the Sanskrit letter 'J' is pronounced as 'Y' not as the English J. Looking to the West on this, Astaroth's Sumerian alias 'Inanna' dates back to Sanskrit 'Jnana' of which there is 'Jnana Yoga' the path of wisdom. The Sanskrit letter 'I' is vibrated like 'Y' in many words, especially when 'I' is the first letter of the word.
This is the sermon http://www.groups-archive.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=149&p=154&hilit=Words+of+power#p154

Yeah, I think more like a "Y". Visit the 'JoSM Links' link in my signature, and download the Rune MP3 pronunciation archive, and have a listen to WUNJO, JERA, and BJÖRK.

FancyMancy said:
Yeah, I think more like a "Y". Visit the 'JoSM Links' link in my signature, and download the Rune MP3 pronunciation archive, and have a listen to WUNJO, JERA, and BJÖRK.
Runic vibration though is slightly different than Sanskrit. Frawley's book on mantra yoga suggests that the 'J' is pronounced like in the French word 'Jacques' or the English one "Jack". So which is which? Personally a Ja-sound feels more energising than a Ya-sound.

FancyMancy said:
Thanks, i really think we need a page on Jos on how to vibrate the sanskrit mantra, we only have one for the rune :?

luis said:
FancyMancy said:
Thanks, i really think we need a page on Jos on how to vibrate the sanskrit mantra, we only have one for the rune :?

This matter is actually confusing as we have Jala, one of the water-related mantras, described to be vibrated as "Y-A-L-A-U-M" on the page about the advanced consecration of ritual tools. I hope we get an update there as well.

Stormblood said:
luis said:
FancyMancy said:

This matter is actually confusing as we have Jala, one of the water-related mantras, described to be vibrated as "Y-A-L-A-U-M" on the page about the advanced consecration of ritual tools. I hope we get an update there as well.
I didn't realise the Sanskrit words were not quite the same as the Runes. Because of that, out might be a good idea to test the different vibrations/pronunciations, but keep the same vibration/pronunciation throughout all of the test/working.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back