Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Using "Not" in an affirmation

luis

I've read many times that the mind doesn't understand negations, is this true? Should avoid it in my affirmation? Or it's just fake?

luis said:
I've read many times that the mind doesn't understand negations, is this true? Should avoid it in my affirmation? Or it's just fake?
I can't remember a time where I used "not", but I'm sure you can.

If you think about it, it makes sense; if your affirmation is "I am not [something or other]", then what is your mind supposed to default to? If you're not [something or other], then what are you supposed to be? Everything else? Nothing? Where is the energy and the intent supposed to go if not into the thing that you mention in your affirmation?

This is why it's better to affirm that you have something, or that you're gaining something. Even if the energy is doing something if you affirm with a negation and not just dissipating, it's going to be far too diluted to have any meaningful effect.

I have been suggesting to not use "not", but I might be mistaken about it. Even in a small way, not using not in affirmations can train us to think positively.

I also consider this - e.g. "I am not poor"; well what are you? Very poor? In a coma (so being poor (in some countries, e.g. with the NHS) won't matter)? As we know, energy takes the path of last resistance, which tends to be negative/detrimental/dangerous, and energy needs to be programmed, told what to do; so again - if you're not poor or whatever, then what, exactly, are you?

Again - I might be wrong, though.

If you affirm that you are poor, by saying "I am poor" constantly over and over, then it will happen... But you can heal yourself by countering that affirmation by saying "I am not poor.", and this will help you... Especially if emotions are added... Because what you are saying now is the opposite of "I am poor."... You will improve yourself and get better. You can do an affirmation to become rich later... Antidote Affirmations... Whatever you say that is bad for you, just say the opposite...

HauptSturm said:
If you affirm that you are poor, by saying "I am poor" constantly over and over, then it will happen... But you can heal yourself by countering that affirmation by saying "I am not poor.", and this will help you... Especially if emotions are added... Because what you are saying now is the opposite of "I am poor."... You will improve yourself and get better. You can do an affirmation to become rich later... Antidote Affirmations... Whatever you say that is bad for you, just say the opposite...

My opinion: When we say something repeatedly with "not", even if we are trying to avoid something, this way of phrasing makes us think more than we should about the object that we're trying to avoid. I.e., it makes us think of the word "poor" every time we affirm it, in this example.

So I think it's just better to affirm "I am rich", even if you just want to deprogram something negative. Saying "I am rich" will not only work to bring you money, but it will also naturally work to deprogram thoughts of being poor.

In this sense, you could even affirm "I am a millionaire", cause even if the energy can't actually bring you one million bucks, it will at least try to bring you that, and it might bring you something as close as possible to that, making you at least somewhat richer.

But you also have to believe that it's actually possible for you to become a millionaire, because intent is an important thing for affirmations. If there is a weak intent or no intent at all, it will not be effective. So depending on what you think is possible, affirming "I am a millionaire" may be less effective than affirming "I am rich".

There's no advantage in using "not" in an affirmation. It's the same as using the future. It makes no sense to your subconscious mind.

To take the example already used by users who anticipated me, what do you think will get real results: affirming "I'm not poor" or affirming "I'm now becoming wealthy"?

Thanks to everyone, i'm usually really careful to not use it in affirmations but this time i did and it seems to work...but it may be that is has to do with the whole affirmation.

Is there anything in the JOS that talk about this? I know that you can't use 'will' but i only heard of not using negation outsider JOS.

Sloths-image-sloths-36191149-1536-1024.jpg

Hmmmmm........To usez dis Not as ins Iamz not a brony......Is acceptables.....

Stormblood said:
There's no advantage in using "not" in an affirmation. It's the same as using the future. It makes no sense to your subconscious mind.

To take the example already used by users who anticipated me, what do you think will get real results: affirming "I'm not poor" or affirming "I'm now becoming wealthy"?
But what if is like this, i'm now healty, i don't have *insert illness* anymore...?
This is what i'm doing, of course i'm using a better affirmation and it's something slightly different, somehow is working. I feel like you are right about it, i would use just i'm not poor but what if you combine them? I'm attracting large sum of money to me, that are all money and i can spend them as i want in a positive way for me. I'm not poor anymore...? I feel like this will work.
HP Mageson666 said:

Iamz not a bronyx108...? :lol:

Dypet Rod said:
HauptSturm said:

In this sense, you could even affirm "I am a millionaire", cause even if the energy can't actually bring you one million bucks, it will at least try to bring you that, and it might bring you something as close as possible to that, making you at least somewhat richer.

But you also have to believe that it's actually possible for you to become a millionaire, because intent is an important thing for affirmations. If there is a weak intent or no intent at all, it will not be effective. So depending on what you think is possible, affirming "I am a millionaire" may be less effective than affirming "I am rich".
I realised that, as well. I forgot if I mentioned it before or not, but if you put a limit on an affirmation/goal, then the energies will go only as far as, and less than, that limit. So it's like haggling/bartering - always (if necessary) go higher than what you want, because the Path of Least Resistance monster will try and water-down what you earn/gain/achieve.

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Overcoming_Obstacles.html
"Don't keep saying "I don't have any money" "I can't afford it" "I am broke" etc. Even if it is true, don't keep reinforcing this, especially if you are working towards money coming to you. Instead, say to yourself, "HOW can I afford this?" Meaning, where there is a will, there is a way and solution to affording it. Turn negative statements around and counteract them with "Lots of free and easy money is coming to me easily and effortlessly" for example. As for the above example, instead of saying "I can't afford it" for something you really want to own, instead, say- "This is mine." Remember, affirmations should always be said in the present tense."
Starting out this year, I would say to myself "I DO have money", "I AM rich", "I have a lot of money", "I am not poor", "I am not broke". I would say these for every single negative phrase regarding money that I could think of before doing my money meditations. I now have more money than I've ever had in my life. I need to start doing this for other problems in my life....

luis said:
Stormblood said:

But what if is like this, i'm now healty, i don't have *insert illness* anymore...?
This is what i'm doing, of course i'm using a better affirmation and it's something slightly different, somehow is working. I feel like you are right about it, i would use just i'm not poor but what if you combine them? I'm attracting large sum of money to me, that are all money and i can spend them as i want in a positive way for me. I'm not poor anymore...? I feel like this will work.
HP Mageson666 said:

Iamz not a bronyx108...? :lol:

You can affirm something like "I am totally healthy and free of any and all illnesses"
"The (condition) I had is now gone forever"

These are ways you can say your condition is gone, without needing to use "not"

Also, as it's been stated in the JoS, don't say "my (condition)". Don't own the disease. So, if it was depression for example, you wouldn't want to say "I don't have depression anymore" or "my depression is gone", but simply "The depression I had is now gone forever".

And if one is working to attract riches, affirming "I am wealthy" or something like that already means that you are not poor anymore, so it's redundant to include "I am not poor". Especially considering that affirmations also need to be as straight to the point as possible.

Even for the brony example, you could say something like "I am totally free of any and all broniness" xD

Since the subconscious mind only knows the present. What are you "poor" or "attracting large sums of money"? Saying you're not poor anymore or that you're not something anymore, means you were at some point. And of course you can't be both, unless you are spending more money than you attract. See my point?

I'm free from _insert_illness, I'm free from _insert_condition would be better options in my opinion. Of course, try what you want.

Stormblood said:
Since the subconscious mind only knows the present. What are you "poor" or "attracting large sums of money"? Saying you're not poor anymore or that you're not something anymore, means you were at some point. And of course you can't be both, unless you are spending more money than you attract. See my point?

I'm free from _insert_illness, I'm free from _insert_condition would be better options in my opinion. Of course, try what you want.
What about:"In a positive and healty way for me i'm mentaly and psychologicaly healty and happy. I don't have [insert] anymore." I didn't put the whole affirmation that i'm using for privacy but it is working.

By the way thanks to all, like i said i usually don't use negation on my affirmation, it was just to know if it was wrong. And i think that is not exactily right to do so. I think the best affirmation would be:"I'm compleatily free from..." too
Or at least for me is working this:"I don't have [insert] anymore".

luis said:
Stormblood said:

What about:"In a positive and healty way for me i'm mentaly and psychologicaly healty and happy. I don't have [insert] anymore." I didn't put the whole affirmation that i'm using for privacy but it is working.

By the way thanks to all, like i said i usually don't use negation on my affirmation, it was just to know if it was wrong. And i think that is not exactily right to do so. I think the best affirmation would be:"I'm compleatily free from..." too
Or at least for me is working this:"I don't have [insert] anymore".

Well, it may be better not to include negation, but if you really see and feel that it is working for you that way, then this is fine. What matters is that it's really effective.

Maxine has said somewhere: If something is working for you, then don't change it ;)

If you use "not" then by definition it's not an affirmation, it's a denial. Just state what you want to achieve/improve, there is no need to remind yourself what you don't want.

Egon said:
If you use "not" then by definition it's not an affirmation, it's a denial. Just state what you want to achieve/improve, there is no need to remind yourself what you don't want.

I agree. By grammatical definition, there are *affirmative, negative and interrogative* sentences. So one would expect an affirmation to be a sentence that does not include negative statements.

But at the same time, he says it is working that way, so I guess each one's experience with affirmations can be different.

There's also the fact that intent is more important than the words used in an affirmation. Sometimes if you have a strong will and a strong intent about something, it can come true even if you don't verbally affirm anything at all, because it's as though you're mentally programming the energy with your will.

Stormblood said:
Egon said:

As Egon said.
I can understand that it is useful for most affirmations but what i'm doing it is working. If i say for example:"I'm not an alchoholic anymore" wouldn't still work? (Don't worry i don't drink lol)
Of course if i say something like:"I'm compleatily free from any craving for alchohol forever..." Is better but i do thik the first one would work fine.

At the end what matter the most is your will, isn't it?

luis said:
Stormblood said:
Egon said:

As Egon said.
I can understand that it is useful for most affirmations but what i'm doing it is working. If i say for example:"I'm not an alchoholic anymore" wouldn't still work? (Don't worry i don't drink lol)
Of course if i say something like:"I'm compleatily free from any craving for alchohol forever..." Is better but i do thik the first one would work fine.

That's what I think. Will is more important than the specific words we use in affirmations. HPS Shannon has mentioned once that she didn't use affirmations for squares (I don't remember if material or spiritual, but it was the one type they say doesn't require affirmations), and it worked for her. Because she programmed the energy with her will.

But I think this depends on each person's current will power. Depending on that, I believe words can influence our will a lot.

luis said:
Stormblood said:
Egon said:

As Egon said.

I would say so; however, speaking words is also vibration, so they do add in to it somewhat.

(Despite the vibration of affirmations being a power number of times (e.g. 9 times), the vibrations of Runes and Sanskrit words are larger (e.g. 88, 108, or 111 times), so with that in mind, you could think of it like the Rune/Sanskrit words as a liquid, with different Runes/Sanskrit words being different types of liquids as per the goal of the working; the number of vibrations being the strength of the liquid; and the relevant colour of the liquid, also as per the Chakras, corresponding to the working; and the affirmations being like a membrane or container for it. This newly-created tool can then manifest your desire in Physicality. I use 'liquid' here because it can be held in any shape - any tool one may wish to create for manifestations of things into relevant situations in Physicality.)

Once a Mage is advanced enough, s/he need not say the affirmations; their will, intent, and focus alone are good enough. I think words can also help focus the Mind for the working, so it might not be as much semantics as it is vibration as it is will/intent as it is psychology, but depending on how advanced you are they all play a part.

Letters, numbers, geometry, and the patterns in which they are arranged are the building blocks of existences. Neglecting them can only lead one so far.

Egon was brilliant in explaining the difference between an affirmation and a negation, which I didn't even consider. Luis and everyone else, you're free to use what you want. However, to program the energy it's more efficient to use affirmations. Just study a little bit of linguistics. I close it here, before someone turns this into argument and start telling I'm bullying people for helping them understand how things work. Making mistakes is part of the growth process.

Stormblood said:
Letters, numbers, geometry, and the patterns in which they are arranged are the building blocks of existences. Neglecting them can only lead one so far.

Egon was brilliant in explaining the difference between an affirmation and a negation, which I didn't even consider. Luis and everyone else, you're free to use what you want. However, to program the energy it's more efficient to use affirmations. Just study a little bit of linguistics. I close it here, before someone turns this into argument and start telling I'm bullying people for helping them understand how things work. Making mistakes is part of the growth process.

But see, you didn't close anything here. You re-opened something.

Passive aggressiveness isn't. So if you have something to say, you can return to the topic of the incident you're referring to and say it there. Playing the victim doesn't make you any less of the abuser.

This is disappointing, to say the least.

Stormblood said:
before someone turns this into argument and start telling I'm bullying people for helping them understand how things work.

You're surely kidding but I wanted to say such ''someone'' would be completely stupid to say such things about you.
I just wanted to add ever since I dedicated back to the older forums you've always been part of those whom I look for their opinions. Egon & FancyMancy as well.^-^
Thank y'all for brushing off the doubt I had over this question.

Stormblood said:

Like Thoth said, "In the beginning was the word"

Stormblood said:

Stormblood you are really helpful and we are just discussing :)

I do think you are right and of course i'm going to use affirmation until i become a God (so it's going to probabily takes some time :lol: ) but i do think the will is what matter the most, of course if you use "Will" in your affirmation it probabily not going to work because your subconcious know what "Will" means. For minor things i think it can work, at the least this is my experience but from now on i'm going to be careful to use the perfect affirmation.

Stormblood is right, and this is not to take the first part of his last reply personally lol, but maybe I did not express myself quite correctly, so I'd also like to clarify that what I meant to infer with will and intent being more important than words, is that maybe in Luis case, his will itself had more effect over the words he used in his affirmation, and that's why it worked even though he used a negation.

But this is not the norm, so while each one has their own experience, it's undoubtedly more guaranteed to stick with positive affirmations.

And while we can also bring about our desires by will alone depending on our level like FancyMancy said, will and affirmations should ideally go hand-by-hand.

Shining Sloth 666 said:
I just wanted to add ever since I dedicated back to the older forums you've always been part of those whom I look for their opinions. Egon & FancyMancy as well.^-^
:oops: <3

luis said:
I do think you are right and of course i'm going to use affirmation until i become a God (so it's going to probabily takes some time :lol: ) but i do think the will is what matter the most, of course if you use "Will" in your affirmation it probabily not going to work because your subconcious know what "Will" means. For minor things i think it can work, at the least this is my experience but from now on i'm going to be careful to use the perfect affirmation.
What you said, about it taking a while, is an affirmation. You might not have uttered the words, but it's psychological (as I said) and that becomes the will, the more it is repeated.

If you want something, good advice that I think HPS Maxine said, is to say "now" - for example, "I am/have ______ now"; you are a God now. Of course, you have to do the proper workings and meditations, but the attitude and beliefs are also very important.

You might have been joking, and I took it too literally, but still, lol.

As for "perfect affirmation" if you are one to be disappointed after expecting something which didn't happen, then you should be careful not to do that.

FancyMancy said:
Shining Sloth 666 said:

luis said:
What you said, about it taking a while, is an affirmation. You might not have uttered the words, but it's psychological (as I said) and that becomes the will, the more it is repeated.

If you want something, good advice that I think HPS Maxine said, is to say "now" - for example, "I am/have ______ now"; you are a God now. Of course, you have to do the proper workings and meditations, but the attitude and beliefs are also very important.

As for "perfect affirmation" if you are one to be disappointed after expecting something which didn't happen, then you should be careful not to do that.
I know about that but it would have been too weird if i said TOMORROW I'M A GOD! Lol

This is something that needs to be resolved, it's really not good if we say a joke or something else and this manifest in the reality even if we don't want that, i understand that we have to control what we say and think but if we can't joke then we are going to talk like robots lol

I'm sure there had to be something that can help with this, i want to be free to say something without fearing to manifest what i say, having the control with my 'magic'. Maybe programming my soul should work but i have to think to a good affirmation :?

I actualy found a topic in the Yahoo forum and i'm going to just leave here the link, the problem is still that i don't know what is the right affirmation for this type of working...
http://www.groups-archive.com/viewt...rgy+to+prevent+negative+side+effects?#p125533

About the perfect affirmation i alway have 'faith' with my workings whatever affirmation i use, this doesn't mean that i shouldn't try to make the best affirmation that i can.

luis said:
FancyMancy said:
Shining Sloth 666 said:

luis said:

I know about that but it would have been too weird if i said TOMORROW I'M A GOD! Lol

This is something that needs to be resolved, it's really not good if we say a joke or something else and this manifest in the reality even if we don't want that, i understand that we have to control what we say and think but if we can't joke then we are going to talk like robots lol

I'm sure there had to be something that can help with this, i want to be free to say something without fearing to manifest what i say, having the control with my 'magic'. Maybe programming my soul should work but i have to think to a good affirmation :?

I actualy found a topic in the Yahoo forum and i'm going to just leave here the link, the problem is still that i don't know what is the right affirmation for this type of working...
http://www.groups-archive.com/viewt...rgy+to+prevent+negative+side+effects?#p125533

About the perfect affirmation i alway have 'faith' with my workings whatever affirmation i use, this doesn't mean that i shouldn't try to make the best affirmation that i can.
Lol.

With talking like robots, I expect some might start to become very 'religious', like the way christians are with their attitudes and all things, as we learn and advance. For example, every time someone says something, the religious individual must always correct them because they (might) think that they're an authourity on the subject, and they think that they are helping them. They might not mean to be rigid and anal about it, though. I suppose for some people, it is a natural behaviour which they'll out-grow eventually.

The Solar Chakra is to strengthen the will - and I don't need to say how important that is (no anal retentiveness, and no rigidity! Lol.).

Thanks for the link.

For the faith in spoken words manifesting, I have taken that quite seriously, just to be safe. I consider it to be good practice.

Nick Vabzircnila said:
Stormblood said:

Passive aggressiveness isn't. So if you have something to say, you can return to the topic of the incident you're referring to and say it there. Playing the victim doesn't make you any less of the abuser.

Your misunderstandings are not my concern. This topic is about "Using Not in an affirmation" or should rather be called "Turning an Affirmation into a Negation."

FancyMancy said:
Shining Sloth 666 said:

luis said:

That's really good advice. I started incorporating NOW in my affirmation in the last two weeks and it has made them more powerful. Thank you, guys.

Stormblood said:
FancyMancy said:
Shining Sloth 666 said:

luis said:

That's really good advice. I started incorporating NOW in my affirmation in the last two weeks and it has made them more powerful. Thank you, guys.
I use now in most of my affirmations too and it is definitily powerful :)

For some reasons i belive our subconcious know what those words mean and this is why using affirmations work really well, certain words have meaning for us and this meaning are embended in our subconcious. This is why i think the will play an important role in all of this.

Stormblood said:
Nick Vabzircnila said:
Stormblood said:

Your misunderstandings are not my concern. This topic is about "Using Not in an affirmation" or should rather be called "Turning an Affirmation into a Negation."

I misunderstood nothing. You were clearly referring to the Physical Exercise thread (https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10747) when you wrote that people might "turn this into an argument" and accuse you of "bullying people". As this was the mantra you kept repeating in that thread as well after I called you out on being an asshole no reason and blame-shifting, which I proved beyond any doubt. The only difference is this time no one even challenged your opinion in any way. Yet you preemptively played a victim out of fear of being challenged. And then you try to distract by correcting the topic title which is completely irrelevant, lol. You clearly have some deep rooted delusional issues that you need to work on.

Not that it's my job in any way to point this out, I'm only responding because you obviously invoked me by repeating here what you accused me of doing (word-for-word) in the other thread. Passive aggressiveness isn't. And I won't take it.

Stormblood said:
FancyMancy said:
Shining Sloth 666 said:

luis said:

Yeah, I've been realising about self-imposed, and self-affirmed, limits. "I am very rich." <-- How much is very? That depends on each individual's perception. "I am/have (this thing)." <-- That's good, and will work towards you getting/being that, but it's open and not as direct as it could be; "...now" puts another parameter into it.

Another realisation I had is what percentage of our workings work, based on our abilities; will; being bothered; etc. Much less than 0.01% of Satan's would still be a heck of a lot more than mine. I might have to work at, for example, 300%+ greater than I could once my workings work efficiently; for my working, say only 20% of it would work effectively (for example). Adding "now" in, I think would improve that 20% upto...30%, for example, which would take less effort, which would bring results sooner. If you/anyone understands what I'm saying.

"Not" must be like an anti-parameter, i.e. null/zero/empty and ignored (but the will and our abilities still matter, as we've discussed).

Nick Vabzircnila said:
Stormblood said:
Nick Vabzircnila said:

I misunderstood nothing. You were clearly referring to the Physical Exercise thread (https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10747) when you wrote that people might "turn this into an argument" and accuse you of "bullying people". As this was the mantra you kept repeating in that thread as well after I called you out on being an asshole no reason and blame-shifting, which I proved beyond any doubt. The only difference is this time no one even challenged your opinion in any way. Yet you preemptively played a victim out of fear of being challenged. And then you try to distract by correcting the topic title which is completely irrelevant, lol. You clearly have some deep rooted delusional issues that you need to work on.

Not that it's my job in any way to point this out, I'm only responding because you obviously invoked me by repeating here what you accused me of doing (word-for-word) in the other thread. Passive aggressiveness isn't. And I won't take it.

Would you just STOP dragging this out any further?

If someone decides he does not want to talk about it or similar things any further then why are you insisting to do so?

Nick Vabzircnila said:
Stormblood said:
Nick Vabzircnila said:

I would quote myself but as Im writing this the other reply hasn't been looked at yet.

Just wanted to say that I sound like my mom trying to break up a fight like that.. And I disliked that so I guess I won't attempt that anymore. You guys can just go catfight all you want but I guess this is an experience you have to make and need to solve on your own.

The reason that there was a fight in the first place back then (Im speaking about myself) was because of an ego clash. And since its a well known person to me that happened quite frequently.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back