Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Tor browser

BlackOnyx8 [JG]

Website
jos-projects.com
Should we really trust the Tor browser? There are claims of it being created and further funded by the USA intelligence agencies in order to create a network where they could spy on people like us. Conspiracy theories aside, I can't find a Tor App that doesn't have a bunch of Google trackers on it. Play store, Fdroid Guardian Project repository , Tor website, random APK websites on the internet - these are the options I have tried with no sucess it always has the same "Google origin" attached to it, as well as the bunch of trackers. I use VPN while on Tor. So I'm not exactly sure if my privacy would be compromised , not sure if the trackers are going through the VPN and Tor network , however, having these trackers on while I'm here, doesn't really make me feel very comfortable. There are no connections showing on PCAPdroid like you would see on other apps that have Google trackers on them, but with Google ,you never know... Any ideas? I'm aware I'm being a little paranoid with this, but its not exactly legal to do what I do in regards to online warfare, so my goal is to go full anonymous and private on the internet.

Adjust
°Google Play Install Referrer
Google Firebase Analytics
²?Sentry
Mozilla Telemetry

*Adjust
157com.adjust.sdk.

*Google Firebase Analytics
1com.google.firebase.analytics.

*Mozilla Telemetry
193mozilla.telemetry.glean.

*°Google Play Install Referrer
13com.android.installreferrer

*²?Sentry
3io.sentry

BlackOnyx8 said:
Should we really trust the Tor browser?
I've read that before on some tech/anonimity news that either NSA or a US gov. agency or government itself managed to track Tor users by observing the entry to the first node (which contains the real IP adress) and the exist of the third node to the actual websites people were visiting. They managed therefore to see what IPs visit what websites by observing and synchronising the time distance from the first node to the third one. While it generally make sense, I don't think it takes the same amount of time for everybody to connect to a website through Tor, or maybe that agency was using other parameters as well.

Anyway if you use a good VPN, it will replace your real IP with their IPs when you enter the first node of tor, therefore you should be safe this way, This is why I think using a VPN with Tor is infinitely better than using Tor alone as your real IP is masked completely. Your VPN provider cannot see what you do on Tor (assuming they are logging your activity) because Tor is hiding your activity under 3 random nodes and Tor cannot see your real IP adress because it was changed by the VPN.

Personally I use a double-hop VPN and Tor, which means that before connecting to Tor I connect to VPN through 2 different locations / IPs before reaching Tor, something like this;
Connecting to Joy of Satan on Tor:
Turning on the VPN --> Location 1 (IP 1) ---> Location 2 (IP 2) ---> Connecting to Tor browser: search ancient-forums ---> Node 1 ---> Node 2 ---> Node 3 ---> entering ancient-forums
The locations on VPN are two totally different countries and the nodes on Tor are also random ones from different countries.

And I think Tor doesn't like that. If you connected to Tor you might have seen this:
ksnip-20211024-025118.png

When I saw that first time, exactly as you said I've been thinking that some US government agency is still behind Tor and they are actively monitoring traffic (which they have been doing already for years and is not a secret) and they don't like to see users hiding behind VPNs before accessing Tor because they probably have a certain success in tracking Tor users back to their real IPs when not using VPNs.

The only disadvantage here is that the VPN provider knows the real IP adress, but since they can't see one's activity on Tor, they can't do nothing about it. Also here is recommended to use a good VPN that:
1. Is not based on the country you live
2. Is not based on any 14 eyes country
https://restoreprivacy.com/5-eyes-9-eyes-14-eyes/

I highly recommend that website Restore Privacy, I think is one of the greatest on the internet in terms of anonimity and privacy advice, including VPN analyisis, multiple articles about Tor and other anonimity platforms, you only need enough time to read all their stuff.

And I would personally add another advice:
3. Do not use same VPN two times in a row
My personal opinion is that is safer to buy different VPN license after the previous one expires because we don't know really what dirty stuff VPNs might be doing. For example telling you that they don't log your IP and activity and in reality they send all your activity and IP to some jewish server in Israel or US. I don't think is impossible. Therefore if you use different ones every 1-2 years might be better instead of sticking to the same one for who knows how many years so they can gather years of data about your activity, which who knows in the future might be used in negative ways against you. On the website I posted above there is one article about VPNs which are known to have logged users activity despite their claim of not doing that.

Preferably you would buy a VPN that supports bitcoin payment so they won't know your real bank details.

But all I said here only applies if you use a computer or laptop with a Linux operating system and not windows. I would never use a mobile for loggning into JoS or doing any SS stuff, nor I would ever install Tor on my mobile. I simply use the mobile for my personal real life stuff, so if there are authorities having a backdoor on my phone, like is claimed to be the case with all smartphones, then they won't find anything suspicious.

The Alchemist7 said:
I have de-googled my phone as much as I could, I can't afford a new phone right now to install Graphene OS or something similar on it. But I have installed the same VPN I use, as well as Tor. Which does have the trackers that I posted. I only use it to come here and read during work. I don't do Online Warfare there, I use my computer with another browser and another IP for that. But the Tor does have the trackers there, the fact that they don't communicate through the internet, doesn't necessarily mean anything as it could probably do it on some sort of silent mode anyway.

I have read that website you mentioned, it was there actually that I first learned about Tor being created by the NSA... I have also read about the double hop VPN but I can't afford one at the moment, my plan is to eventually move to that. For now I use a free VPN, which I believe is the only one that is useful on the internet without leaking IP, but it's very slow. Small price to pay until I can buy a good one.

I have seen that thing about Tor asking about the VPN... definitely weird. It doesn't go away, it's still there every time I open it.

I do use windows and android... for the time being. I'm still trying to figure out how to install Linux on my computer, or if I should just buy a new one and get rid of the identity of this computer, which I will do eventually. I don't really live in a dangerous country as far as online privacy is concerned, but you never know these days... better safe than sorry
[/quote]

FuckYu_666 said:

Here is a good explanation:
Cybersecurity series: Part IV
There are two types of internet traffic; Clearnet and Darknet. Clearnet is what you access when you use a regular browser. Darknet are those .onion websites that you can only via the Tor browser or simply Tor traffic. The Tor browser has access to both Clearnet and Darknet, while a regular browser only has access to the Clearnet. The jews have heavily lied about the Darknet to make it seem like it is only used by “criminals” and “those whom have something to hide.” This is sort of, but fully, similar to how our Gods have been displayed as creatures. The media tries very heavily to frighten people away from the Darknet. Let us exame the names of the two types of internet: Clearnet means that IPs are visible, and anyone that is monitoring the internet will see everything. Darknet basically means that the IPs are not clear and information transmitted via the Darknet/Tor is harder to keep track of. So when you use Tor to access the Clearnet, you have “in the dark” so to speak.

You can install one of the linux versions onto a virtual machine program so it's like another computer. Do not run tor from windows because it basically makes it worthless. Tor is fine to use as just a regular VPN, but I would recommend to never go on any of those onion sites. A lot of risks, and you are not going to find anything useful. It is all fake stuff, viruses, and gov operations designed to put people in prison for clicking on the link.

You can improve windows by modifying hidden settings to turn off tracking features, and remove those dumb apps that come preinstalled. The last 2 links here are programs that do that. Everybody should do this, but even after this, do not run tor direcly from windows. Tails is another thing you could use, but I don't know if it works.

Www.Privacytools.io

Https://tails.boum.org

Www.oo-software.com/shutup10

Www.w10privacy.de/english-home/

BlackOnyx8 said:
The Alchemist7 said:
I have de-googled my phone as much as I could, I can't afford a new phone right now to install Graphene OS or something similar on it. But I have installed the same VPN I use, as well as Tor. Which does have the trackers that I posted. I only use it to come here and read during work. I don't do Online Warfare there, I use my computer with another browser and another IP for that. But the Tor does have the trackers there, the fact that they don't communicate through the internet, doesn't necessarily mean anything as it could probably do it on some sort of silent mode anyway.

I have read that website you mentioned, it was there actually that I first learned about Tor being created by the NSA... I have also read about the double hop VPN but I can't afford one at the moment, my plan is to eventually move to that. For now I use a free VPN, which I believe is the only one that is useful on the internet without leaking IP, but it's very slow. Small price to pay until I can buy a good one.

I have seen that thing about Tor asking about the VPN... definitely weird. It doesn't go away, it's still there every time I open it.

I do use windows and android... for the time being. I'm still trying to figure out how to install Linux on my computer, or if I should just buy a new one and get rid of the identity of this computer, which I will do eventually. I don't really live in a dangerous country as far as online privacy is concerned, but you never know these days... better safe than sorry
[/quote]

(((GrapheneOS))) is very Jewy, I'd go for a different AOSP fork. Also Tor is completely fine, all this anti-Tor stuff is disinformation from people who have no understanding of technology.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back