Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Coronavirus on Surface Lifespan

GeminiLily

Hello,

In January I ordered a number of items from Aliexpress (Chinese online store). Each item/box coming from different store owners.
I am a little worried about the parcels being contaminated as two have arrived at my local post office and I am a bit hesitant to retrieve them.

I have heard that the virus can last on a surface before dying for 9 to 12 days, and other sources have said less days or more.

Does anyone have info that appears to be the most solid?

I plan to disinfect the boxes and packages with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and dettol and hope that works.
I am fairly certain that if I do contract Corona that I will survive but my mother is 71 with a history of catching flues come winter and I don't want to jeapordize her or anyone else.

I am not a professional but you have to make sure then to open the packages and disinfect them away from your mother such as outside the house. Like in an already sprayed and cleansed corner in your garage. Bleach is your friend here, spraying the packages etc.

Another thing that could be done if you are so concerned is to keep the packages themselves sprayed in an air sealed bag for two weeks. Then there shouldn't be hardly any virus. Then you can open.

There is too much conflicting evidence on how much the virus lasts in surfaces, but well, this is low likely a case of it happening. If you want to get paranoid advice lile above should help.

bleach is very good. coornavirus like the common flu or any variety can stay surfaces for days, a week probably the longest. the new coronavirus could possible be the same length of time or even longer since its more infectious than other coronavirus. so possible a week or longer. this also mean it can, could travel through air, aerosol

Thank you for the reply.

Your suggestion is a good one.
I'd rather be safe than sorry.

GeminiLily said:
Thank you for the reply.

Your suggestion is a good one.
I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Thanks, i also forgot to mention that in the case with plants or living material, the virus or any viruses tend to last much longer. Also, the coronavirus has already mutated since it began in China, so things may be different with this virus.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back