Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Filtered Water Devices

galician666

Hey everyone! I recently got a water filter and i wanted to know if you guys think this is legit or just money making the reason my family got it at home was due to saving money from having to always buy bottled water wish is indeed superior to tap water but sadly is getting expensive do to the inflations and all that is happening with the war in Ukraine. I have been trying to avoid fluoride and other chemicals my best since i knew about them and how bad they are for our health and i wonder if this device can help to get rid of the chemicals and heavy metals. I did find a difference in taste one you feel all the chemicals and the filtered water you feel literally nothing but you know its just not mineral water.

The device looks exactly like this:
brita-waterfilterjug-style-softblue-cool-hero-visual.webp

galician666 said:

Greetings.
Personally, I'd recommend this one if you're trying to get rid of fluoride. It's designed to remove all dissolved solid contaminants, including fluoride. For biological contaminants (germs), just boil it or run it through an empty coffee maker after filtering the water, then store it in your fridge.

ZeroWater+Pitcher.jpg

Based on my research, it appears that filters like these are not capable of effectively removing fluoride from tap water. While they use activated carbon to filter out certain impurities like chlorine and heavy metals which is good, fluoride however is a small ion that can easily pass through activated carbon pores.

If you want to remove fluoride from your tap water, a more advanced filtration system such as reverse osmosis is necessary. Reverse osmosis uses a semi-permeable membrane to filter out impurities. However, it's important to note that reverse osmosis can also remove beneficial minerals from the water, so it may be necessary to add minerals back into the water after filtration to maintain its nutritional value.

Like said above, reverse osmosis devices are superior to simple filtration by charcoal. Some reverse osmosis devices come with a water remineralizer. In other cases, you can add mineral salt to the water and take care that your nutrition otherwise contains required minerals and micronutrients.

Henu the Great said:
Like said above, reverse osmosis devices are superior to simple filtration by charcoal. Some reverse osmosis devices come with a water remineralizer. In other cases, you can add mineral salt to the water and take care that your nutrition otherwise contains required minerals and micronutrients.

Do you recommend any mineral solutions to put in water?

I've been drinking distilled water since 2018 with no issues. But I do get concerned about lacking in minerals. Food wise I probably eat the appropriate minerals but my main drinking water is without minerals.

Even got a distiller about 2019 or so, pre-coof.

Gear88 said:
Do you recommend any mineral solutions to put in water?

I've been drinking distilled water since 2018 with no issues. But I do get concerned about lacking in minerals. Food wise I probably eat the appropriate minerals but my main drinking water is without minerals.

Even got a distiller about 2019 or so, pre-coof.
I would use simply sea or mountain salt and get the rest from food and or supplements. Supplements such as magnesium and calcium are very helpful and are easily digested even in supplement form.

I have not looked into any specific mineral formulas or anything of the sort. I don't even know if such exist.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back