Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Problems with appetite.

DarkAmaranthine

Some of you might already know me from my post with a horrible break up. Cheating, huge amount of stress and pain over several days, heartbreak.

At this point, I haven't been able to eat more than a meal in 3 days. I've barely been able to drink water - I hadn't noticed it with all of the stress of having to justify being cheated on and trying to find out the full extent of this...

But I woke up to attend an online class and I can barely move my body. I can barely type. My heartbeat is erratic. My stomach is hurting. My chest is hurting and I can barely breathe. I threw up bile earlier - I haven't thrown up since I was a kid.

As a note, I'm not pregnant.

I know I need to eat and drink water but it just makes my stomach hurt and I always get the sensation of throwing up again. At the moment, I'm trying to eat some oranges and drink water little by little. Even this is incredibly difficult since I feel like I'm going to throw up again any moment.

I don't want to end up in the hospital with this. I'd love some advice on how I can get my appetite back and how to recover from this.

I'm already on the side of being underweight and this is just... extremely painful, both physically and emotionally.

DarkAmaranthine said:

Push Stomach 36, and acupoint which treats any illness of the spleen or stomach. This includes lack of appetite, as well as redirecting stomach energy downwards (as opposed to upwards with puking). See the link: https://www.peakmassager.com/st-36-acupuncture-point/

This is a generally good point that stimulates the processing of food and subsequent creation of blood and energy. The spleen also removes junk from the body, such as excess sugar or cholesterol, among other things. Therefore, this is a great multi-use point. Hold for as long as possible. You don't need to be exact, just do your best to find it.

Following this, do deep breathing or alternate nose breathing to calm your body. Hatha yoga should also be done, especially for those who are more airy in nature and need more yin stimulation. Given the situation you are in, you can even just do left nostril breathing, to maximize stimulation of the yin side.

Good luck! Remember that you are fine, and this will all pass in time.

Blitzkreig [JG said:
" post_id=314767 time=1641937620 user_id=21286]
DarkAmaranthine said:

Push Stomach 36, and acupoint which treats any illness of the spleen or stomach. This includes lack of appetite, as well as redirecting stomach energy downwards (as opposed to upwards with puking). See the link: https://www.peakmassager.com/st-36-acupuncture-point/

This is a generally good point that stimulates the processing of food and subsequent creation of blood and energy. The spleen also removes junk from the body, such as excess sugar or cholesterol, among other things. Therefore, this is a great multi-use point. Hold for as long as possible. You don't need to be exact, just do your best to find it.

Following this, do deep breathing or alternate nose breathing to calm your body. Hatha yoga should also be done, especially for those who are more airy in nature and need more yin stimulation. Given the situation you are in, you can even just do left nostril breathing, to maximize stimulation of the yin side.

Good luck! Remember that you are fine, and this will all pass in time.

Thank you for the information.

As a question, is it necessary to follow the exact routine given here when it comes to Hatha yoga?

I've been struggling with scoliosis for a while and when it comes to yoga, I follow a routine that will easy my pain in that. If anything, I'm quite sure my GD guided me to it in the first place.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back