Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Detox foot patches?

Shadowcat

I was wondering if anyone else has ever used these and do they really work or are they just a gimmick? i know there are certain acupuncture points in the feet.

I am looking to do a full body detox again after sometime. Ive used colonix in the past and that worked well for me, but now i am looking for something that will taget every organ in the body for cleansing and not just the gut and liver. any ideas? i am doing some looking around of my own but was curious as to what anyone elses opinion or experience was with what i should use or what works best. I will ofcourse also be changing up my diet quite abit. goodbye sugar and caffiene :lol:

I think detox is a marketing gimmick.
Change your diet and cut the harmful crap and you will experience a natural detox.

Shadowcat said:
I was wondering if anyone else has ever used these and do they really work or are they just a gimmick? i know there are certain acupuncture points in the feet.

I am looking to do a full body detox again after sometime. Ive used colonix in the past and that worked well for me, but now i am looking for something that will taget every organ in the body for cleansing and not just the gut and liver. any ideas? i am doing some looking around of my own but was curious as to what anyone elses opinion or experience was with what i should use or what works best. I will ofcourse also be changing up my diet quite abit. goodbye sugar and caffiene :lol:

I tried for the fun of it lol. But a lot of people say that what they say will happen doesn't happen or show up as prescribed.

I just noticed that I needed to use the bathroom more afterwards but that could also have been because of my cycle. I tend to retain water and then lose it all again in a day or 2 which causes me to have to go to the bathroom like at least 6 times a day. (previous days during retention only 4 times max)

Like Aquarius said, the "detox" concept is pure marketing.

If you remove vegetable oils and processed foods (which range from junk sugar to refined carbohydrates and meat products*), you'll allow your body to 'detox' itself.

*Meat products mean any meat that's not in its raw form. Get a cast-iron pan. You can brine and cook a steak within 50 minutes -- including 5 minutes of actual work.

Shadowcat said:

Working out and doing cardio is a natural detox and cleanse. Then healthy diet comes in.

I'm with Aquarius on this. I would go for more natural and raw stuff. Like getting your sugar from fruits (the cleaner the better but if you can only get the canned stuff then look for the best you can afford) and raw honey.

I still drink caffeine mostly because of the taste from the drink I get it from. Like espresso drinks or energy drinks (that I've been working on cutting even more but will still do just to indulge once in a while).

If you need to stay away from these things for a bit to detox then like Aquarius just eat healthy. Also go for jogs . I feel like that has helped in the past when trying to detox from bad food and when I used to smoke and drink. Get a good enough jog in where you feel the runners high afterwards. You can even use this energy and program it as well. Good luck Sis

I'm with Aquarius on this. I would go for more natural and raw stuff. Like getting your sugar from fruits (the cleaner the better but if you can only get the canned stuff then look for the best you can afford) and raw honey.

I still drink caffeine mostly because of the taste from the drink I get it from. Like espresso drinks or energy drinks (that I've been working on cutting even more but will still do just to indulge once in a while).

If you need to stay away from these things for a bit to detox then like Aquarius just eat healthy. Also go for jogs . I feel like that has helped in the past when trying to detox from bad food and when I used to smoke and drink. Get a good enough jog in where you feel the runners high afterwards. You can even use this energy and program it as well. Good luck Sis

hailourtruegod said:

I would jog if i could. I have had an ankle arthoscopy in the past as a result of bone spurs and damaged cartilage from spraining my ankle twice really bad. once during football in HS and another time during rock climbing. I was told to minimise high impact ie running, jogging, burpees, jumping jacks ect as much as possible. luckily i have a very physically active line of work. the best substitute i can think of for running is either swimming or an eliptical. i definately want to go back to the gym if i can soon esp since i will be working days. thanks :3

I will definately stick to the diet changes, gradually. i am already working to cut out sugar and i drink caffiene free coffee. Thanks guys for the imput :). i definately must find a solution to getting in a workout routine. ill figure something :cool:

Lunar Dance 666 said:
Shadowcat said:

I tried for the fun of it lol. But a lot of people say that what they say will happen doesn't happen or show up as prescribed.

I just noticed that I needed to use the bathroom more afterwards but that could also have been because of my cycle. I tend to retain water and then lose it all again in a day or 2 which causes me to have to go to the bathroom like at least 6 times a day. (previous days during retention only 4 times max)

I think the idea is like that of a compress. But a compress is wet and due to the soluble compounds that can enter the tissue and bloodstream and have an effect that way. A compress /the body needs to be kept warm at all times.

A lot of water needs to be drank to help move what changes you made in the body and to get rid of the "waste" also.

Shadowcat said:
hailourtruegod said:

I would jog if i could. I have had an ankle arthoscopy in the past as a result of bone spurs and damaged cartilage from spraining my ankle twice really bad. once during football in HS and another time during rock climbing. I was told to minimise high impact ie running, jogging, burpees, jumping jacks ect as much as possible. luckily i have a very physically active line of work. the best substitute i can think of for running is either swimming or an eliptical. i definately want to go back to the gym if i can soon esp since i will be working days. thanks :3

One of two things would be great then, biking which is what I mostly do now besides running once in a while. Secondly, Stair Master. The latter really works up a sweat. 15-20 minutes I guarantee you'll be drenched in sweat. It's awesome lol. That's if your ankle is able to do those. I feel like those two are way easier on the joints and at the same time very effective at getting really good cardio.

Shadowcat said:

Detox is a 3 step process of 1) removal of toxins from the tissue 2) processing of toxins by liver and kidneys 3)elimination out of the body.

If someone goes too hard on step 1, for example, then they will flood their organs with toxins and feel sick. This is too much stress on the organs and basically defeats the purpose of gaining health. It is better to promote a balanced flow of toxins out of the body.

It depends on the exact product or ingredients as to how they exactly detox. Generally speaking, if they simply boost the energy of a detox organ, then this is the safest route.

Your best bet for detoxing is to focus on the bigger lifestyle items, like traditional exercise, yoga, and eating green veggies. Each of these detoxes the body in its own way, and if someone is already doing them, I wouldn't bother using specific detox products.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back