Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

On Salt

Anaten Piewalker

Helatrobus, Galactic Confederacy HQ Planet, Specia
On Salt

I regularly read this Forum and remember some articles about salt. One individual gave some guidance, which I believe to be misguided, which advises restricting salt intake.

Salt is necessary; the body needs NaCl to regulate blood pressure, cardio functions, brain and nervous system function. As with any essential nutrient, you need to get enough of it to be at optimum health.

Many sources these days advise cutting back on salt, regardless of health, occupation, or one's individual needs. This is ill founded in my opinion. In "The Salt Fix", Dr. James J. DiNicolantonio covers how the modern trend to cut back on salt intake is founded upon a lie introduced by a panel of doctors in the 1970s, based on faulty clinical studies. IMO this is just one part of a multifacted campaign by the enemy to subjugate people under a medical tyranny to induce illnesses and withhold true vital health data from us so that we sicken and enter the medical system to fatten their wallets.

Some tidbits from that book, which I don't have on hand now so I will have to improvise a bit, bear with me if some of this is a bit incorrect or incomplete:

One Japanese province is noted for consuming 8,000mg of sodium a day, yet suffer no ill effects. Another province, right next door, consumes the same amount and does have all kinds of cardiac conditions, stroke, etc., but this is attributed to high levels of cadmium and mercury in their water which the first group doesn't have.

Lowering salt intake does lower blood pressure but this is a really sub-optimum way to do so. DiNicolantonio found that having the right salt intake in balance with the other essential electrolytes, along with having a health diet, actually _regulates_ blood pressure. Having a high salt intake and high blood pressure occurs because s/he, among other things:

Has a junk food or convenience food diet (especially if high in sugar)
Smokes
Drinks heavily
Doesn't get enough exercise
Has a stressful life

The body's need for salt is raised by any/all of the following:
Stress
Working a night shift
Working heavy labor jobs
Heavy exercise
Some prescription medications***
Lack of sleep
Fasting
Hydrating excessively, especially after dehydration

***And of course some Rx medications DO require reducing salt intake. Don't follow any of this advice here without consulting your primary doctor if you do have a condition.

(End of excerpts from the book)

I worked a night shift job for a year and a half and would constantly stress over things on the job, knew it was a bodily thing, but couldn't find a fix for it, tried all kinds of things: keto, fasting on my off days, increasing sleep/improving conditions where I sleep, etc. Until I read the book and tried adding salt to my diet. I was used to low salt and reluctant to add its taste to my food so I would just pour a dime sized amount into my hand and pop it then drink some water. The results were game changing. I would experience an immediate calm almost immediately -- salt is absorbed directly without having to be digested first -- and could continue work. This was a heavy physical labor job involving climbing up/down ladders a lot, handling up to 50 lb. objects repeatedly.

Salt should be consumed in balance with the other essential electrolytes, some of which are:
Potassium (complements sodium)
Magnesium
Calcium
Magnesium
Phosphate

Many electrolyte drinks or drink mixes, even the better ones, leave out a lot of salt, resulting in an imbalanced mix. Read your label carefully and if you see less than 200mg sodium, swicth brands or consider adding salt to your diet.

The type of salt matters, too. Ordinary table salt is highly processed and doesn't contain many of the trace minerals your body nees, found in natural salts. Good ones are:

Pink Himalayan salt
Sea salt
Red and black salts from the earth

With all natural salts, beware of heavy metals and other toxins many of which have been dumped into the seas and have leached into the earth from industrial activity. Read the book, or consult Google (select the Blogs tab).

Finally, the Doctor in the book advises, cut out sugar to get the best results from adding salt to your diet. "The other white crystal" causes the body to excrete salt and the other electrolytes, which is part of sugar's addiction mechanism.

As with any dietary advice, it is best followed by starting or already having a moderately healthy diet. If you drink, cut back or stop altogether. If you smoke, consider quitting. Otherwise adding a lot of salt can backfire and worsen your health. And of course if your doctor advises you to restrict salt, stick with his instructions.

Best,
AP

Anaten Piewalker said:

I would agree with this. Salt retains moisture and calms the body. It is the flavor of the "water element" organs, which are the kidney/bladder.

Someone who is kapha/prone to weight gain may need less salt since they are already prone to dampness, however, for the reasons mentioned in the OP, I think it is not worth trying to limit salt too far. The body can more easily deal with excess salt than it can with a salt/electrolyte deficiency. A salt deficiency will make someone feel fatigued, whereas a salt excess requires a little kidney energy to remove.

Furthermore, excess dampness in the body is more caused by sugar intake and digestive weakness than by excess salt, and therefore salt should not be looked at as the primary agent behind weight gain.

Hypertension is just a yang excess, not a salt excess, and usually means the individual has to focus on calming down, usually calming their liver and cooling the body. Removing salt to force water out of the blood is a western medicine concept that is basically just forcing the body to give up water that it doesn't want to. It just seems super unhealthy to me.

So with this in mind, I would say to salt your foods to taste with an appropriate amount of salt and don't think too hard about it. If you are also exercising or doing yoga, the body should have the means to flush out anything it needs to, including excess salt.

Agreed.

Salt contains the vital sodium and chloride ions which are necessary for many basic cellular functions. An example is the constant movement of these compounds in and out of the neurons in our nervous system via their cellular membranes everytime an electric potential passes along them - a synapse. Salt is essential in our diet and regular function and like all things needs to be given proper balance. Even the adage, you are the salt of the Earth is intending praise to a person percieved as helpful or good-natured; then there is the salt in our oceans...

Cholesterol was also vilified by scientists and health food guides everywhere once upon a time (in the 1980's I'm pretty sure). But cholesterol is a vital precursor in the production of human sex hormones as well as other things. It also ends up being a large component in your ear wax.

It wouldn't be the first time something good for you was promoted as bad for you, and likely won't be the last.

Anaten Piewalker said:
On Salt

I regularly read this Forum and remember some articles about salt. One individual gave some guidance, which I believe to be misguided, which advises restricting salt intake.

Yeah that was back in 2019 right around the spring with Zolaluckystar taking the helm of it, right around the time of Notre Dame burning and the French protests for the promotion of better wages, yellow vest situation. I recall she used a website calling itself "The Salt Files" and mentioned salt being not as healthy for you. Funny I tried researching the website a while back to post it on the forums for a dialogue on if anything they stated is accurate and I couldn't help but NOT find it.

She did explain stuff in an oddly professional manner as a matter of fact I reduced my salt intake because of it. Not that I eat huge amounts of salt just normal levels. I did for a while not put salt in my rice cooker when cooking rice just oil because of it.

But then the whole 2020 issue of her being connected to the, you know whos, and also the whole Azorm/Shael issue that was occurring same for Mageson. It was believed by some people ZLS and company were trolling JoS for quite a while. I forgot how long but certainly a good chunk of several years they just never posted until a period of time in recent history.

Either way I honestly gotten to the point of health study that it's akin to bodybuilding website I found. Which my friend read who does exercise a bit at least he told me he isn't hitting weights as hard and focusing more on stamina and pumping up his blood and temperature to move the blood.

And it's gotten to the point which he mentioned is very common in bodybuilding circles. These people burn themselves out on information and calculating calories and all nutrient, nutritional, micro-/macro- nutrient stuff. They eventually just go "Fuck it" and eat whatever.

I've told my friend I might not be at his level of body development but at least focus on eating safer foods like labelled food Non-GMO, Vegen certs, Kosher labelled try and avoid negative foods and just focus on safe stuff. Even though lately over the last few years I've noticed and this is probably the anti-kosher rituals of 2004-2005 time period. That some kosher food have insane levels of sugar put in it.

Just recently a family member got some guana juice(greenish prickly fruit) and it has something like 38g(or 38 teaspoons) of sugar in it and the glass bottle with metal top has a big ass KVM kosher label on the back and yet it contains nearly 54% of the daily sugar requirements in the "added sugar" section. If it contained just the sweetness of the fruit and no sugar added I would have stated it's probably good.

But more and more I notice in recent times just such high sugar content in kosher foods.

I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest no wonder so many people are diabetic. Even when I drink my two special spoonful amounts for coffee, the brown sugar that I drink. It still to me feels like I should not be drinking. I've honestly gotta scared of sugar content levels in recent times. It's like is that safe seriously I'm gonna get a disease from all this sugar.

I'm not sure to avoid sugar completely or consume some. Everything gets turned to sugar but "added sugar" concerns me.

Pardon the thread hijacking with sugar rather than salt.

From what I read I believe this was recently mentioned salt is easier to handle for the body than sugar. And some salt is needed to hydrate the body more effectively so the salt captures the moisture(water) and deposits itself in certain parts of the body and as the salt breaks down the water releases causing improved hydration. Obviously it's more of appropriate level of salt.

Still I don't know much about salt for example a lot of JoS members promote himalayan salt. I recall Hp.Shannon mentioning that while himalayan might posses some radioactive substances you urinate it out before it does harm. But still there's other people who promote for example I recall a member mentioning Celtic Salt from the North sea near England/Iceland area the areas of England, Iceland, Norway region. There's people who state colored salts are important as well.

It gets to the point where there is so much information people burn themselves out and go "WTF do I buy". It's another universe of study basically.

So it begs the question other stuff like fortified salts do we consume fortified salts like iodide/iron type salts etc.etc. and then other people come in and state "You don't need fortified salt because your diet provides it" but then other people come in and state "Salt fortification helped people back after the 1800s-early 1900s and in the mid 1900s nearing the 2000s due to peoples lackluster diets etc.etc.

It's a whirlwind of information. For good or bad in whatever you research.

Gear88 said:

Norse 88 said:

Blitzkreig said:

Anaten Piewalker said:

Gear88 might not get quoted, but there is something that is misunderstood in all your posts.

That is, salt is not kitchensalt (NaCl). NaCl in its own is actuallly quite harmful to the body.

Nowadays we're lacking in minerals. These have mostly disappeared out of our foods due to the way the land was and is being farmed.
All kind of degenerative diseases appear due to this.

The reason iodine was added to salt to bake with is because it was severely lacking. Then the schildklier (Ive got no translator on hand) grows to be able to access any available iodine in the blood, which ends up looking like a big swelling in the throat.
The hormone the schildklier produces is absolutely necessary for the cells to be able to function as it regulates energy usage. Without it one would feel really tired and lethargic.

In the past salt wasnt refined. And it was still added in the diet. The kelts used to make a sole. Which is, take a jar, put about 1/3 with seasalt, fill up with water. Store in a dark place. Add one tablespoon to a cup (I forgot the exact quantities here) of water. Drink daily.

High bloodpressure can have many reasons. It is not water alone. Doctors are extremely stupid in this matter. High stress levels, a disorder in the genetics that causes the retention of water (or lack thereof) (which is a hormonal issue with the kidneys or could also be kidney damage if protein glucose and other matter that shouldnt be in there is found). The kidneys govern water and bloodpressure, and make hormones accordingly to affect this (water retention or more water expelling).
In studies either 2% or 0,2% - I forgot which - actually benefitted from a saltless diet. Yet they put every elderly person with high blood pressure on this.

About sugar. High levels of blood sugar harm the bloodvessels, breaking them (the tiny ones) and also causes nerve endings to die off. As a result, wounds have a hard time healing.
It has been said to me that it also harms the inside of the bloodvessels and contributes to arterosclerosis.
Not to mention the suddenly high amount of insulin that has to be added to the blood.
Cells can also quit accepting insulin or not register it anymore. There can also be chemicals in the food or water which end up on the receptors of the cells, blocking it from being able to use the insulin.
Not many laboratoria measure insulin levels. But it is necessary to see the balance between bloodglucose levels and insulin.

The following is something I learned recently, and that is that Diabetes mellitus type 2 can go into a type One where the cells in the pancreas quit being able to produce insulin.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back