Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Alcohol and your body

Stormblood

Drinking alcohol can affect your body in all sorts of different ways.

:arrow: 1. Brain
The immediate effects of drinking on your brain can include slurred speech, slow reactions, impaired memory and blackouts. Over the longer-term, heavy drinking can cause a number of different types of brain damage.

Overuse of alcohol can worsen the symptoms of many mental health problems. In particular, it can lead to low mood and anxiety.

Find out more: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/fact-sheets/alcohol-and-the-brain

I'll add to this that alcohol immediately starts meltin the myelin sheath that surrounds nerves, depriving them of nourishment. It also linked to drops in IQ levels.

:arrow: 2. Mouth and Throat
If you regularly drink above 14 units a week you are increasing your risk of developing cancer of the mouth, larynx (voice box), pharynx (upper throat) and oesophagus (food pipe). This risk increases further if you smoke.

Find out more: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/fact-sheets/alcohol-and-cancer

:arrow: 3. Heart
There is increasing evidence that low-to-moderate alcohol consumption is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and some other heart conditions. However, this risk starts to rise when consuming above 14 units per week. Heavy drinking is also associated with both hypertension and increased risk of stroke.

Find out more: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/fact-sheets/alcohol-and-the-heart

:arrow: 4. Breasts
More than 50 studies have confirmed that alcohol is a particular risk factor for breast cancer. Alcohol seems to increase production of the female hormone oestrogen, and excess oestrogen can make breast cells cancerous.

Find out more: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/fact-sheets/alcohol-and-cancer

:arrow: 5. Stomach
Drinking too much can cause gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) and stomach ulcers. It can also lead to uncomfortable reflux – digestive contents being forced up into your oesophagus (food pipe).

Heavy drinking can also increase your risk of stomach and bowel cancer.

:arrow: 6. Liver
Most alcohol that goes into your body is processed by your liver, and if it has to break down too much alcohol the health of your liver will suffer.

Long-term, drinking too much alcohol can lead to fatty liver, hepatitis (inflammation of the liver) and cirrhosis (scarring of the liver) and also liver cancer.

Find out more: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/fact-sheets/alcohol-and-the-liver

:arrow: 7. Reproductive System
Men may suffer temporary impotence after a bout of drinking. Long-term, dependent drinking can cause the sexual organs to shrink in men and women.

Find out more: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/fact-sheets/alcohol-and-sex

:arrow: 8. Bonus: DNA
Recent studies show that both short-term and long-term alcohol usage causes DNA damage.

Source: https://alcoholchange.org.uk/alcohol-facts/interactive-tools/alcohol-and-your-body-map
More sources can be added if someone is sceptical and wants specific studies

Alcohol is hot in thermal nature and varying degrees of damp/phlegm forming depending on the type.

It's only medical internal use is for someone who has contracted severe cold from the external environment and needs to be warmed up ie someone who has been outside in the snow for an extended period or without sufficient protection.

As it induces heat into the body, it easily damages yin and phlegm formation occurs both with substantial (physical observable phlegm) and insubstantial (discrete phlegm which shows symptoms but no signs of physical phlegm).

Excessive heat is associated with the rapid use of the body's Jing or essence, a finite resource whose exhaustion spells death and phlegm formation is associated with serious diseases and mental disturbances such as MS, cancer, atherosclerosis, schizophrenia and psychotic disorders.

One Wire Phenomenon said:
If i drink about two beers eveyday after work will it fuck me up later on?
Yes, and other than that you're setting yourself up for failure. You don't need beers everyday, nor every other day. You're better off removing alcohol from your life.

You gain nothing by drinking beer. It deteriorates your health and slows your progress as SS.

Put your bets on meditations and get nice returns in stead.

Two beers everyday is a lot. You should start to decrease it slowly, or go for complete abstinence. It depends on how you handle these kinds of thing.

For example, you could switch to two beers only on the weekend, or switch to one beer instead of two daily. Then after 1 month of this, I would cease it entirely. Personally, I would go for a weekend approach, because daily exposure makes you more used to it more than infrequent use.

Expect to feel minor cravings as you stop, but these will cease as time goes on. The worst of it probably being a few days after having your last drink.

Stormblood said:

Good post.

For those who drink every now and then, it is best to stop completely. Although a low level of drinking is certainly less of a problem than higher levels, the important point made by full abstinence is in setting an example of health to others.
Setting up a good image is important for representing Spiritual Satanism. Don't let yourself look bad with any major black marks on your character.

While not every aspect of health can easily or conveniently be made perfect, drug use can easily be removed without looking back. Ceasing drug use is easy, logically, because there is no real benefits, hence no reason it should be intertwined with one's life. That is not to say it is easy from an addiction standpoint, but there is no need to self-loathe and become frustrated, as munka and other freeing workings are meant for this.

Centralforce666 said:
Alcohol is hot in thermal nature and varying degrees of damp/phlegm forming depending on the type.

It's only medical internal use is for someone who has contracted severe cold from the external environment and needs to be warmed up ie someone who has been outside in the snow for an extended period or without sufficient protection.

As it induces heat into the body, it easily damages yin and phlegm formation occurs both with substantial (physical observable phlegm) and insubstantial (discrete phlegm which shows symptoms but no signs of physical phlegm).

Excessive heat is associated with the rapid use of the body's Jing or essence, a finite resource whose exhaustion spells death and phlegm formation is associated with serious diseases and mental disturbances such as MS, cancer, atherosclerosis, schizophrenia and psychotic disorders.

Thanks for adding your input. For those purposes, one could just use the breath of fire or the heat meditation. They should, in fact, master them. But, yeah, that's not practical for helpless lambs like the normies are.

The real question is: why do you need two beers every day after work?

If it's an emotional/relaxation thing, Satanism already equips with everything you need to deal with that. If it is for social needs, then it would be better not to hang out with people who apply negative peer pressure to you. Drinking alcohol, just like doing any other form of drug, is the same as cutting yourself intentionally and should be treated as such. If your answer to the question is neither of those, then I'm sure anybody hear can help you tackle that goal in a way that's more beneficial for you.

Aquarius said:
Yes, and other than that you're setting yourself up for failure. You don't need beers everyday, nor every other day. You're better off removing alcohol from your life.

Okay thank you yes i thought the same

Stormblood said:
Centralforce666 said:

Thanks for adding your input. For those purposes, one could just use the breath of fire or the heat meditation. They should, in fact, master them. But, yeah, that's not practical for helpless lambs like the normies are.

The real question is: why do you need two beers every day after work?

If it's an emotional/relaxation thing, Satanism already equips with everything you need to deal with that. If it is for social needs, then it would be better not to hang out with people who apply negative peer pressure to you. Drinking alcohol, just like doing any other form of drug, is the same as cutting yourself intentionally and should be treated as such. If your answer to the question is neither of those, then I'm sure anybody hear can help you tackle that goal in a way that's more beneficial for you.

My family do drink and party a lot especially my brother. They call me a hermit haha and get upset if i doen't come join them on weekends. I don't enjoy drinking and partying with them but i do occasionally like a beer or two after work,but satanists doen't drink i know that. Thanks for your advice.

but satanists doen't drink i know that.

Spiritual Satanism is not prohibitive like other religions.

Some choose not to drink based on the information they have. Others may choose to at certain times such as celebrations.

Others still may be in the throes of alcoholism and trying to break the ties of addiction through meditation.

These 'rules' about what one puts in their own body are not broad and blanket statements that rule the whole community.

You must make your own choice based on the information.

Some choose not to drink based on the information they have. Others may choose to at certain times such as celebrations.

Others still may be in the throes of alcoholism and trying to break the ties of addiction through meditation.

These 'rules' about what one puts in their own body are not broad and blanket statements that rule the whole community.

https://www.banyanmass.com/2020/01/08/new-discoveries-about-alcoholisms-origins-in-the-brain/

"A newly published study has found connections between a cortical-brainstem circuit and a mouse’s likelihood of developing alcohol use disorders. Specifically, the study found that “a discrete circuit between the medial prefrontal cortex and brainstem is central for the development of compulsive drinking.” 2 Not only does this circuit predict the likelihood of developing compulsive drinking habits, it also reinforces compulsive drinking if the individual begins consuming alcohol.

This cortical-brainstem circuit responsible for predicting and reinforcing compulsive alcohol drinking does so by mitigating or mimicking punishment signals. Essentially, the subject mice of the study did not possess effective punishment signals within the brain stem to stop reinforcement of alcohol consumption" (end quote from the article)

This is the biggest adverse effect of alcohol use

In addition, if you read Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules for Life," he is a clinical psychologist and he relates there how he saw a female patient for 40 or so visits and she flat-out states after that amount of time, "I think I have been raped" and he was like how the hell do you _think_ you've been raped, either you have or you haven't. But he held his tongue on this and just patiently continued listening and asking guided questions and, surprise, alcohol was involved. He states alcohol introduces ambiguity, in which the person denies not only responsibility but also effect of others on self i.e., he didn't really rape me, I am carefree (under the influence) and he cannot hurt me. If that makes sense.

Yes I know Peterson is addicted to the Bible and uses it as his theme for his writings -- but skip over the enemy cr?p and he has an excellent understanding of myth, that is, in the classical sense, stories that support morality and learned experience of groups and families and the transmission of same to future generations. In other books he also covers how in his practice, a great number of people just are naive to the evil in others as well as themselves; that is, the potential evil.

Digressing, but this is still relevant to alcohol -- there is a trend in society these days to pin great evil on others but not self. But this wasn't true in the '50s and further back, during which it wasn't a bad thing to consider oneself -- potentially -- capable of doing great harm, and considering the same about one's fellows.

There was a '50s movie, "The Forbidden Planet", one of my all time favorites, in which one of he characters says to the protagonist, "We are all monsters inside." (Meaning that's why we have morals, etc.) If you haven't seen this film, basically, the protagonist is stranded on a planet which the aliens, the Krell, left a whole bunch of tech behind, and the protagonist started diddling around with it and unwittingly created this monster which attacked the crew which landed there to rescue him, and even attacks his own daughter when she starts loving on one of the crew members. "The monsters of the Id." The Krell had these too, being living beings, and forgot this in their equation and ended up destroying themselves by attempting to use physical tech to amplify their mind power to create anything at will. This also let loose their subconscious too which now had the power to unleash mayhem at will too.

So consider the subconscious and alcohol's ability to unleash it, guard yourself against this risk, and you can have a safe time. Fun fact: the word alcohol comes from al ghoul, Persian for "the demon" i.e., in their conception of what a demon was, no yours or mine. A ghastly spirit that takes over and makes you into an animal. That's where spirit, meaning hard liquor, comes from too. This was on a YouTube video unfortunately I can't cite it. The etymology found in most dictionaries is incorrect, corrupted no doubt by you know who.

Suggestion: if you want to go out drinking, if you are into that, do a runic formula first. I would start with Algiz and Mannaz and throw other relevant ones in to a Power Number. "Vaccinate yourself" first. :) Or use other magick you know to protect yourself against the risks so you can enjoy the reward without landing yourself in trouble you won't be able to deal with. I have formulas I use before and after, so figuratively I have a one two "Johnson and Johnson" punch. :-D Satan says that they are not like the enemy in that they leave people to themselves to decide rather than impose Puritanical rules but at the same time freedom does not mean going out and doing stupid things. A big part of this is being humble, in the truest sense, not obsequiously submissive, and a big part of that is assesing risk vs. benefits. At least use the proper tools and equip yourself before you go.

I had a friend who used to go out drinking a lot and he stopped, because he was able to see the consequences, the hangover, headaches, etc. Most don't achieve this memory of consequence simply because they don't give themselves freedom to go out and experiment, nor to tap into their subconscious to help them to have this memory. they hold themselves in with rules that aren't really theirs but follow them out of fear of the afterlife or some sh?t that really has nothing to do with internalization for oneself of the real, material consequences. See what is true for you. Seek to live with the truth. Do due diligence and determine what the dangers are, equip yourself with the right protection, and go have fun.

Another big part of this is dealing with the wear-off, during which I find I crave more. Just a matter of steeling yourself up against it and resisting, but, moreover, booze has a dark side which (like Saturn) isn't all bad, during which you feel really depressed and hate on yourself. Just persevere through this and know that you will, after a few days, come out the other side with a specific, new understanding of life. To me it's like a reboot. Your "computer" runs faster afterward and I find I have new insight into problems, etc. It takes patience and discipline. But you have to wait through the black screen, "Windows" taking a long time to start, etc.

Another part is set and setting, as with any drug. I limit myself when I go out social drinking, but when I want to drink a lot, I do it alone in a place free from people and the risk of saying stupid things or being provoked etc., way out of doors, at night. I just free flow and look upon the surroundings and enjoy memories. Many times I can communicate with trees, look up at the stars and communicate with the Gods. I don't even use words, it is concept running like in Scientology 8-8008. It might be real or delusional, that is not the point. The point is the mythical experience, it is almost Shaman-like.

Alcohol is underrated or labeled as "fun" (just as such) but properly used it can give great insights comparable to the trendy psychedelic drugs, without the risks or hoop-jumping attached to those illegal drugs. I have increased communication with the Gods and get really spiritual when had a few, I know that sounds funny and delusional but believe me it is no joke. I just don't then go and pretend that I am a guru or something and tell people my experiences; they are very personal to me and I keep them to myself.

Stay safe. AP

Centralforce666 said:

That's what I was about to reply to them. Thanks for taking the lead.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back