Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

MSG (Monosodium glutamate)

I would like to know more about MSG and it’s (negative?) effects. This post can be used to share information and experiences.

SouthernWhiteGentile said:
I would like to know more about MSG and it’s (negative?) effects. This post can be used to share information and experiences.

Monosodium glutamate is the stable salt form of glutamic acid, which is an animo acid. What is special about glutamic acid is that is crosses the blood-brain barrier and acts as an excitatory neurotransmitter. Normally, you would eat something like meat and glutamic acid would slowly enter the bloodstream, soon leveling out to the proper homeostatic amount.

What happens with MSG though, is that it hits your stomach and quickly dissociates from the sodium cation. This glutamic acid was not bound inside of meat, so it does not enter the blood slowly, but rather very quickly. This concentrated amount then travels into the brain and excites it by a large amount, making you feel "good" until the body can remove it.

So while white sugar is processed and concentrated into a very large amount relative to a natural source (like a potato), MSG is the same thing, but for amino acids and meat. MSG and other flavor additives are then sprayed onto junk foods, such as chips, which would otherwise taste very bland.

It's the same old retarded story where our food is unnaturally processed into becoming hyper-palatable. This then bites us in the butt, but we only realize it 15 years later after all the science is finally done in sufficient amount, organized, enters the media, etc.

Just reject all processed foods and you don't have to keep up this stupid arms race with Shekelstein labs pumping out new laboratory abominations every other day. This goes for other daily use items like soaps, plastics, etc. Public pressure eventually forces them to regulate a chemical, like BPA, but then they just slightly modify it and make a "new" legal chemical. The process repeats where it takes 15 years for someone to observe something, do the experiment, publish the results, gains public traction, etc.

Blitzkreig said:

What happens with MSG though, is that it hits your stomach and quickly dissociates from the sodium cation. This glutamic acid was not bound inside of meat, so it does not enter the blood slowly, but rather very quickly. This concentrated amount then travels into the brain and excites it by a large amount, making you feel "good" until the body can remove it.

So while white sugar is processed and concentrated into a very large amount relative to a natural source (like a potato), MSG is the same thing, but for amino acids and meat. MSG and other flavor additives are then sprayed onto junk foods, such as chips, which would otherwise taste very bland.

[/quote]

So is the only real issue with MSG that it's just used to make junk objectively bad for you taste good and addicting? I see some new recipes often that recommend it's use without any of the other junk, and wonder if that's okay then. If I know I'm cooking for myself with all the ingredients being up to par, is there any harm in MSG?

I've looked at a bunch of medical studies before about MSG. Some said it is slightly harmful, most say it is harmless. The ones that say it was harmful, they were feeding rats big piles of it basically equivalent to a person eating giant bowls of MSG powder every day. And that high dose was harmful, but even that was not deadly. But a regular common small dose was seen in many studies to be completely harmless. Too much or too often of anything can be dangerous so I would not eat MSG often, but eating some occasionally is not going to hurt you at all. Like Blitzkreig said, MSG is often added to foods that are dangerously unhealthy to make them taste better. Those foods are all made of dangerous synthetic chemicals, dangerous preservatives, and no actual nutrients. The actual damage is done by just eating those unhealthy foods, not from the MSG they put on it.

When I cook, I often put some drops of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce. This is basically just pure MSG, but it is in the natural form of the glutamate acids that are more healthy than the concentrated MSG. But the taste is very similar. Works great in things like sauces and soups. I think it's about $3 for a 199ml bottle, and only use a small amount each time so one bottle lasts a long time.

SleepingWolf said:
So is the only real issue with MSG that it's just used to make junk objectively bad for you taste good and addicting? I see some new recipes often that recommend it's use without any of the other junk, and wonder if that's okay then. If I know I'm cooking for myself with all the ingredients being up to par, is there any harm in MSG?

MSG as it exists is similar to table sugar in that it has been distilled into an artificially concentrated form. Therefore, this forces your body to expend energy to rebalance the body. This concept is the basis of all health and why an excess or deficiency of anything will cause harm to you.

However, each item has a different magnitude of damage that it does to you. So in the context you describe, I would not be worried about the MSG. That does not mean it does not represent some sort of damage to you, though.

From a Satanic viewpoint, we should take steps to increase our physical energy so that we can better deal with these things, rather than obsessively and inefficiently try to remove everything that can harm us. Just as you can increase the strength of a chakra, you can permanently increase the vitality of your physical body.

Doing yoga, meditations, and generally strengthening your soul will improve your physical health, however, some people have a weaker physical body, ruled by the lower chakras, especially the solar chakra. Therefore, working with fire energies, such as the Sun, Mars, Sowilo, Thurisaz, and Uruz would be how to increase your vitality.

The biggest problem SS face currently, in my opinion, is mainly the issue of time. It is not useful to be spending 50 minutes creating a perfect meal when you can rather have a decent meal in less time, but have a stronger vitality to deal with the difference.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
When I cook, I often put some drops of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce. This is basically just pure MSG, but it is in the natural form of the glutamate acids that are more healthy than the concentrated MSG. But the taste is very similar. Works great in things like sauces and soups. I think it's about $3 for a 199ml bottle, and only use a small amount each time so one bottle lasts a long time.

I love making fried chicken so I really wanted to know about the powder for use in dry batter. So good idea for those recipes just not what I eat often, but thank you!

Blitzkreig said:
The biggest problem SS face currently, in my opinion, is mainly the issue of time. It is not useful to be spending 50 minutes creating a perfect meal when you can rather have a decent meal in less time, but have a stronger vitality to deal with the difference.

Yeah time is the main reason I've been making fried chicken in bulk. It's much easier to wet brine, then let the chicken sit in the dry batter in the fridge (makes the crust really crispy that way too). Takes me like an hour a week to have food ready for each day for the week. I really wanted to know about msg just so I could enhance the flavors trying to imitate fast food chains to satisfy childhood nostalgia. Can't have popeyes anymore with the expense and it just messes with my stomach now. Went two years not eating it after getting health conscious, had it once out of desperation, haven't had since. Years later now I want to imitate, so thank you for the advice!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back