Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

The act of drinking fluids

Gearshift

Hey guys since about 2018 I've been drinking distilled water. Now I know that isn't bad and I know we can add certain minerals to it just in case like a small pinch of salt or how HP.Shannon has mentioned certain minerals. I drink it pure don't add any minerals WOULD like to but not sure if that would oversalt the water and cause me to dump the contents into the sink.

1: But my question isn't what to put in water(if you'd like to make a recommendation sure).But my question is WHEN to drink water?

I try and drink about a gallon of water a day.

Back in mid-late 2018 I ran into some Hindustani(Indian/Ayurvedic) practices people in India and other S.E.A.-Nations perform. And there are some Hindu people who've studied and place information on blogsites mentioning they find Western/particularly American consumption of liquids strange.

First they mention why do Americans consume cold liquids after they eat cooling down the metabolism engine of your stomach.

The next thing they mentioned is that depending on the person and how well they can handle. They state you should wait at least 20 minutes after eating to drink water/fluids, some have stated 40 minutes to an hour, and some blogs mentioned waiting upwards of two hours before drinking. To allow all the digested food to digest and also to prevent fermentation inside your stomach.

2: My question is for those who've studied time wise WHEN to drink. Is this a good practice or is this not how the human body works?(I wait two hours once in a while it does become excruciating waiting and wanting to drink but I tough it out)

3: Also I would like to ask I drink water at times and wait about 45 minutes before eating to allow the digestive juices to return to full strength. My question is am I hurting myself from eating a fuller meal by allowing the water to enter my system and waiting so long.

(I do recall the traditional advice that if you drink cause your hungry but actually thirsty and wait 20 minutes. If your hunger returns maybe eat something should alleviate the hunger).

So am I wasting time with this whole waiting period? I know we should wait but is it bad or good?

I know some people are gonna ask why you checked this out. All of this started back in 2018 when zola infiltrated the forums and put some information which made me do research and figure it out.

I know zola is an infiltrator and a bad person but reminder this was BEFORE shit hit the fan for her. So don't think I just took her advice without researching but when I did research it, it was interesting information.

I might be confused either it was 2018 or was it 2019. Don't recall very well when this whole water distilled drinking I studied about.

Also I do have three additional question.

1: Am I drinking too much water? I have a 330ml glass and drink nearly 600ml, two glasses per period of drinking.

2: And my second question is does the act of drinking a gallon of water a day about several two glasses per period of drinking causing issues with my kidneys or to that effect my system?

3: I've always had this issue since childhood whereby I was never satisfied with drinking well at the time I was a sodahound drinking coke, sprite, pepsi, etc.etc. but even now in adulthood. I sometimes drink and feel fine but other times I even after drinking two glasses I STILL feel thirsty but do not desire to drink any more as my stomach is full of water.

Is that an issue or lack of hydration anyone ever have that issue? lacking in satisfaction of quenching thirst? Even if I drink just a few minutes later I still feel thirsty.

You feel thirsty because water cannot hydrate you on its own.

The minerals sodium and potassium actually help retain water in the cells and interstitial fluids and you are depriving your body of these things.

You feel stupidly thirsty because you're drinking demineralised water.

Add something to it and your thirst will be quenched. At present it's not because there's insufficient salts to hold the fluids in your tissues so they become dry and signal thirst.

Dude you are extremely stupid for drinking distilled water.
This harms your body.

All your minerals inside your cells, get washed out and absorbed by this distilled water.
You literally piss out all your minerals.

Nice continue like this and see what Happens.

Fucking shit, before you do stupid things use google dude.

Centralforce666 said:
You feel thirsty because water cannot hydrate you on its own.

The minerals sodium and potassium actually help retain water in the cells and interstitial fluids and you are depriving your body of these things.

You feel stupidly thirsty because you're drinking demineralised water.

Add something to it and your thirst will be quenched. At present it's not because there's insufficient salts to hold the fluids in your tissues so they become dry and signal thirst.

This water also drains all minerals out of his body... just saying.

Get your blood sugar checked as soon as possible brother. Exactly a year ago, i was feeling the same way for months til i had a diabetes crisis and was hospitalized for a week. Extreme thirst can be various things, but for me, it was diabetes.

The minerals can be had through food aswell so drinking demineralised water would not be a problem in such a case.

NinRick said:
This harms your body.

All your minerals inside your cells, get washed out and absorbed by this distilled water.

Nothing wrong with it as long as mineral balance is achieved through by adding into water or through food...

I drink RO (reverse osmosis) water and I'm fine.

Henu the Great said:
NinRick said:
This harms your body.

Nothing wrong with it as long as mineral balance is achieved through by adding into water or through food...

I am just repeating what my Professor said in medicine lessons. He also said that those ISO drinks don’t do that much lol.

What is the tap water like over there to drink. Scotlands is nice drink it no problem, further south you get in UK it gets so bad I think you couldnt even drink the water in London.

I stick to bottled water, drink a lot of it especially after training.

You seem to drink more than ample mate.

Nice one

NinRick said:
I am just repeating what my Professor said in medicine lessons. He also said that those ISO drinks don’t do that much lol.
Well of course water would wash right through when there are no minerals to "bind" it. Problem is solved by putting minerals into body. Btw, try peeing while simultaneously drinking water. I once tested and it was very interesting feeling when it goes right through.

I had to search what ISO drinks are. Why would a professor say such drinks don't do much? I know for a fact that drinking well mineralised water during long physical activities(1-7h) helps immensely. Sometimes something as simple as mixing liquid honey into water is very good. Other times only salt, etc. There are many ways to go on about it.

Maybe your professor puts more effort into reading materials than empirical tests. :D

Gear88 said:
Alright then so should I be drinking tap water then?

Tap water, ideally ran through a filter of some kind. The larger/stronger the better. There are thousands of chemicals in tap water that you don't want to drink.

Bottled water is ok, but make sure it is spring water or purified water. Spring water is better. You can drink this while you setup a filtration system in your residence.

Isn't it better to buy a filter for the fluoride? If you then go with this, then you put it everywhere, so sinks and shower.

Here in Italy, like when you live near mountains, even the water from the sink is very good, like clean, but you use a filter anyway.

I don't know where you live, of course.

Many times simple things are the best choice.

Did you make your researches before choosing this? You don't have to only look at the nice things, also seek for people who had issues after this.

Satanic Path said:

Always usea filter. The water is absolutely fucked in the majority of places, just as the food is. Doesn't matter if the area is "rich" or not. I should make a thread with a lab report I saw detailing many chemicals in water.

Always filter all drinking and bathing water. This can be done relatively cheaply and effectively. A total solution is a whole-home filtration system that is costly, but would strongly filter everything.

NinRick said:
Henu the Great said:
NinRick said:
This harms your body.

Just think of the balance of the body in relation to the minerals: Your body has some mineral stores that it gets from both food and water, but mainly food. The cells themselves also "store" minerals. Sports drinks are not the main intake of minerals, rather food is, but they are one source of minerals.

Drinking water deficient in minerals would "suck up" some of the minerals in the body, thus requiring the body to go around and rebalance all affected tissues. However, the water alone will not entirely leach the body. It is just a matter of if you are adequately replacing them or not.

The kidneys will not piss out the minerals if they have time to react to the body's signals. The kidneys will specifically retain salt from leaving the circulation if it detects salt deficiency. A deficient kidney, in the TCM sense, would have a hard time doing this. One of the sympoms of TCM kidney yang deficiency is pissing out clear water, as the weakened kidney cannot retain the fluid inside the body well enough.

However, the above process does not happen immediately and it the time it takes to return to homeostasis would depend on how much distilled water you drank, your activity level, your food intake and schedule, etc.

If you just get done exercising, then you rehydrate with distilled water, this could be a problem in the sense that you further destabilized the body. If you then go home and don't eat for some time, then it is possible you would be noticeably affected by some relevant symptoms.

In this sense, one can get away with drinking mineral deficient water with no problems, possibly forever. It is all just a question of if the body can maintain homeostasis well enough. Wether it is a problem for you or not depends on how you feel in instances like that detailed above.

I don't think there is a beenfit of specifically drinking mineral deficient water. I think it is better than unfiltered tap, however. A small amount of minerals are not worth a load of industrial waste and pesticides.

If one is concerned, they can simply remineralize their water. The body works best when it has an abundance of minerals, rather than too few. Salt for example, can be filtered out by the kidneys. While this does take some energy to do, it takes much less energy than the strain of being salt deficient would incur. I think this applies to all minerals.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back