Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Healing through dietetics

Low Priest

https://www.kindness2.com/uploads/2/6/1/1/26113502/arnold_mucusless_diet.pdf
What do you guys think about this.
I think it's great and makes alot of sense.
Alot of unnatural foods clog up your body and doesn't let itself heal like it should leading to disease. I know alot of you hate the vegan mumbo jumbo but %100 believe this.

This looks like an interesting book that probably needs to be read cover to cover to fully appreciate it..

Rarely are these early works more than a statement of fact and usually devoid of emotional and moral manipulation.

Several of these early doctors were very learned and very correct.

I haven't read this book (yet) but my initial impression is that this writing could be very useful in the field of healing by food.

Low Priest said:
https://www.kindness2.com/uploads/2/6/1/1/26113502/arnold_mucusless_diet.pdf
What do you guys think about this.
I think it's great and makes alot of sense.
Alot of unnatural foods clog up your body and doesn't let itself heal like it should leading to disease. I know alot of you hate the vegan mumbo jumbo but %100 believe this.

I gave a more indepth answer within another thread. The simple answer is that this book focuses on the cleaning aspect of foods, specifically vegetables. TCM prescribes roughly half of your plate each meal should be green vegetables for this same reason.

You have to be mindful of body types. A kapha (larger, earthier) person will be more prone to stagnation and dampness/phlegm accumulation, and thus would eat both vegetables, carbs, and meats that address this. They don't need to entirely forgo whole food groups, just pick the correct items. They would eat lighter vegetables like broccoli.

A vata (air, skinny) person, will be less prone to stagnation and instead more prone to becoming ungrounded. These people need more heavier, oilier foods, as well as sweeter carb choices. These people need more nourishment and are less prone to being clogged up with waste, so to speak. Their vegetable choice would be something more nourishing, like string beans.

The main point though, is that vegetables are great for cleaning the body. One should eat them within proper proportions to ensure their body does not suffer from an accumulation of waste, debris, or other malformed products from digestion. While some foods produce more waste products than others, with enough vegetables, strong digestion, and strong elimination, this will not be a problem for the body.

-----------------------------------

One issue that I take with a specific part of this book is on page 177 where it says:
"The only way to heal impotence is through fasting and this diet".

Upon looking at the diet on page 106-110, it seems biased against meats and grains. Impotence can easily be caused by kidney yang or yin deficiencies, and these are aided by more nourishment from these foods. Ham, for example, is great at healing the kidneys.

If you eat an appropriate amount of ham, say 4oz, with 1/4 of the plate carbs, and the other 1/2 vegetables, the body will have no trouble with any congestion from that meal.

If someone was suffering from kidney issues, fasting would only further weaken the kidneys. Fasting can be done safely during night time hours when the body is not expecting a meal, but if done during the day, the body will be forced to compensate with kidney energy.

So here I disagree with the book. I think it does a great job at highlighting the part of diet that relates to cleaning, but it fails to respect that which revolves around nourishment. Unfortunately, modern life promotes for both undernourishment AND stagnation.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back