Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Keto diet and mental fatigue

Purified666

Hello :)

So I've been on Keto for 3 weeks now and I'm always tired mentally.
I am currently trying to lose weight so I'm eating at a caloric deficit of around 500-700 calories. I do cardio daily, workout 5 times a week and I do yoga twice a day. Even though I spend a lot of time being sedentary, I'm pretty active regardless. I also sleep 8 hours a day.

I was on caloric deficit before on a normal diet, with pretty much the same physical activity listed above. I felt okay and I wasn't mentally fatigued.

Oh and I don't eat sugar at all.

I don't know what's causing this mental fatigue. I'm even caring about what I'm eating but I feel like shit. I honestly felt better when I just ate whatever I wanted. I could focus and I wasn't drained mentally.

I'm losing fat in a healthy way, my muscles are growing while my waist is shrinking.

I did some research about the keto diet, they said you feel energized, have better focus and your appetite is significantly lower. For me only the latter is true, lol

And yes, I miss carbs a lot. Especially pizza, fries and cereals :( Hell, I even dreamed of making and eating a pizza last night :lol:

Is Keto a bad diet? It sure looks like it based on my experience. What do you guys think? Did you have same experience I did on Keto?

I do feel bad for quitting something halfway through... but if there's no other way, so be it.

500-700 deficit is too much. Sounds exhausting when you are doing such levels of physical activity. Try something in the range of 200 - 400. Deficit is deficit, even if it's small you will lose weight and you should be able to function normally.

Most of the energy used in your body is used to power your brain. Something like 60-70%. And most of this energy comes from carbs. Carbs can be burned and used much quicker than other energy sources, so you're body likes to use them for that. When fat is burned, it gives off energy for a longer amount of time, but at a lower level.

You're body is not able to work without carbs. Even if you don't eat carbs, your body converts glycogen into suger then uses it. But it takes energy to make this conversion, and it makes your liver work harder having to do this. It's a lot easier to just eat the carb.

Don't eat overly processed carbs and sugars. If you want to stop eating carbs, then stop eating those. But don't stop eating all carbs. Carbs in their natural for are healthy and important. Like beans and grains.

You are mentally fatigued because you are on a calorie deficient diet.

End of story, as your body has insufficient calories to fuel the higher functions of your brain.

Purified666 said:

You are energy deficient, as others mentioned. Instead of trying to squeeze the fat out of your body (which your body will fight against), you should instead adopt a lighter diet that induces the body to relinquish the fat.

You need to empower the spleen organ (TCM concept) for it to begin to release weight. Keto does this in some people by increasing total bioenergy, thereby energizing the spleen. With TCM, let alone Satanism, you have the means to more easily do this. You should not need to eat a calorie deficit regardless of the diet you do.

You should continue your exercise, but instead look up a "kapha dosha" diet. This is an ayurvedic concept based around a person who either embodies a heavier set constitution, or is at least currently imbalanced towards that. This diet will promote energy circulation and promote the body to quit holding on to fat.

The only thing you have to be strict about, besides exercise/yoga, is eating processed foods. Do not refeed with pizza or anything like that. Instead, eat squash, cooked carrots, cooked sweet potato, and everything else found under a kapha balancing diet.

You can also seek TCM treatment, in the form of herbs and acupuncture, but weight loss is merely an imbalance that you can fix yourself through proper research. Look into the above stuff that I mentioned.

SouthernWhiteGentile said:
Caloric deficits are unnecessary and grueling. Intermittent fasting is much better than this.

Additionally, TCM views fat as an excess of damp and phlegm. Ensuring the spleen is not deficient, plus eating foods that produce little or no dampness or phlegm will counter this. The type of person who is a kapha dosha person would be eating these types of foods, of which you can find them in all categories. For example, there are proper meats, veggies, even grains that they should eat that would keep them mobile and prevent fat accumulation.

Fasting should be done before bed, not in the morning. Morning is the most energy efficient time for digestion, opposite to near bedtime. A 2-3 hour fast, combined with the fast of the sleep itself, is entirely sufficient to gain all the fasting benefits with none of the downsides.

This timing is further evidenced by the fact that melatonin release is inhibited by insulin in the blood, therefore not eating before bed results in better sleep. If you get hungry at this time, this can point to some circadian disruption. Otherwise, just eat close enough to bedtime such that you won't be hungry by the time you fall asleep.

The human body has been conditioned for centuries to eat an excess of carbohydrates. It is normal that transitioning to burning fat again as the most efficient fuel is going to come with some transitional issues as your body cleanses itself. It is normal to "miss" carbs during the adaptation stage, especially if you ate a lot of them before like, for example, Italians do in excess. Starting a keto diet with a caloric deficit is always a bad idea and others already warned you against caloric deficits.

Furthermore, it seems you are not eating carbs at all (?). A keto diet restricts carbs. It does not eliminate them completely. In keto, carbs come from simple carbs like vegetables mainly but you can also add fruit and low-GI complex carbs. Look for GIs (glycaemic index) online and you will understand which complex carbs can be added.

Keto should only be a transitional diet done short term, because eating more than 70% only works to strengthen and enforce the ketogenic processes that should already be active in your body. Fat burning starts about 11 hours after your last meal and ketosis can start anytime between 12 hours and 16 hours of your last meal. If you eat dinner early like it's normal for health reason (not at late hours like in Southern Europe), get your 8 hours of sleep and don't eat breakfast immediately upon waking up, that is a natural form of intermittent fasting that has been practices for ages before xtardanity ruined every element of our lives. To prolong the fat burning state, avoid carbs for breakfast and wait instead until lunch time before eating your first carbs.

After a transitional period, diets like the kapha diet suggested here work better and can/should be used long-term. In general, kapha people and overweight people should not get more than 20% of their diet in carbs and the main part (~50%) should be made of fats. Conversely, vata/slim people should strive for the opposite, as their body build naturally requires more carbs to be energised. As for how to fill this value, priority should be given to organic, season and local products, as far as your budget allows.

Ideally, try to adopt a healthy meal schedule, as far as your work schedule allows.

• Delayed breakfast with no carbs, unless it's from almonds or walnuts. Breakfast means to break your fast.
• Early dinner by 6pm, if at all possible. Eating at 8-9pm is to close to healthy sleeping times and should be avoided whenever possible, without making excuses. The only acceptable reasons to eat that late or later are work commitments. Nothing else.
• Lunch somewhere between those two meals.

-----
Thank you for the TCM insight, Blitzkreig.

Stormblood said:
• Delayed breakfast with no carbs, unless it's from almonds or walnuts. Breakfast means to break your fast.
• Early dinner by 6pm, if at all possible. Eating at 8-9pm is to close to healthy sleeping times and should be avoided whenever possible, without making excuses. The only acceptable reasons to eat that late or later are work commitments. Nothing else.

-----
It's been a slow change of habits, but I'm going that way aswell. It just makes most sense in all regards.

Seconded thanks from here. He does this community a huge service.

Henu the Great said:
Stormblood said:

-----
It's been a slow change of habits, but I'm going that way aswell. It just makes most sense in all regards.

Seconded thanks from here. He does this community a huge service.

There is specific information about some things I said in some of the links he sent on this topic and other topics. For example, about breakfast and dinner timings. TCM and Ayurveda, from my very limited knowledge of them, seem to have known about it for a very long time. It's just rebellious/edgy kids nowadays that think they can do whatever they want with their time because they believe they are above nature and above their own genetics. Modern foods, modern drinks and modern work schedules and how the enemy society is organised contribute to working against nature, creating today's poor health conditions for most of the population and this superiority complex in people who never get seriously ill to think that internally they're perfectly fine.

Notice the advice on a website shared by Blitzkreig to avoid alcohol consumption. Don't get swayed by the allowance of one red wine glass because alcohol in any quantity is extremely harmful and one can see this spiritually in the aura, in the chakra and the nadih, because on the physical side it immediately and negatively affects the nervous system and the endocrine system. After that, of course, the digestive system is negatively impacted during the digestion process.

Stormblood said:
There is specific information about some things I said in some of the links he sent on this topic and other topics. For example, about breakfast and dinner timings. TCM and Ayurveda, from my very limited knowledge of them, seem to have known about it for a very long time. It's just rebellious/edgy kids nowadays that think they can do whatever they want with their time because they believe they are above nature and above their own genetics. Modern foods, modern drinks and modern work schedules and how the enemy society is organised contribute to working against nature, creating today's poor health conditions for most of the population and this superiority complex in people who never get seriously ill to think that internally they're perfectly fine.
Yeah, as I've gained more knowledge about this I've made dietary changes and I've changed my timings of meals. This is mostly thanks to our kamerade Blitzkreig. Bless him.

Notice the advice on a website shared by Blitzkreig to avoid alcohol consumption. Don't get swayed by the allowance of one red wine glass because alcohol in any quantity is extremely harmful and one can see this spiritually in the aura, in the chakra and the nadih, because on the physical side it immediately and negatively affects the nervous system and the endocrine system. After that, of course, the digestive system is negatively impacted during the digestion process.
I rarely drink, and even then two beers is too much. A glass of sparkling wine makes me buzzed, and I'm not into the buzz anyway. After embarking on satanic journey I've consumed maybe, let me think, around five doses of various alcoholic beverages (related to various festives). I'll probably avoid it even more in the future.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back