Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Ex-smoker

Xon

Hi, I am a former smoker, I quit in March and I have been smoking for about 6 years. I did a spiritual work to repair the damage caused by smoking, I started playing sports at a competitive level again. And now I breathe very well, I regularly do pranayama and a qigong exercise aimed at lung health.
From time to time I watch videos showing smokers' lungs and realize that even if I am regaining lung capacity, it will take many years for the lungs to become clear. Are there ways to speed up the cleaning process?

Xon said:
Hi, I am a former smoker, I quit in March and I have been smoking for about 6 years. I did a spiritual work to repair the damage caused by smoking, I started playing sports at a competitive level again. And now I breathe very well, I regularly do pranayama and a qigong exercise aimed at lung health.
From time to time I watch videos showing smokers' lungs and realize that even if I am regaining lung capacity, it will take many years for the lungs to become clear. Are there ways to speed up the cleaning process?

The lungs are an epithelial tissue, meaning they shed and reproduce quickly, like skin. The clearing should happen pretty quickly, relative to other tissues of the body. If you are regaining lung capacity and do not exhibit and symptoms as described here, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It sounds like you've down a lot to aid your lungs, and I think what you are doing is plenty for the lungs to heal. The videos with the smoker's lungs, and any timeframe of healing they may establish, are for people who don't do any of the things you do for healing. The only other way you could approach this is through dietary means, such as described here, as they foods heal the lungs. Again though, you are doing a lot that should promote for the full healing of the lungs.

Blitzkreig said:
The lungs are an epithelial tissue, meaning they shed and reproduce quickly, like skin. The clearing should happen pretty quickly, relative to other tissues of the body. If you are regaining lung capacity and do not exhibit and symptoms as described here, then I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I did not know this.
From what I read online the body of a former smoker takes years to purify itself, but probably also referring to the circulatory system and to the heavy metals or other toxic particles that accumulate while smoking. Should I rather worry about them?

I don't seem to have any of the symptoms on the site you linked. But sometimes I have mild chest pains in the lung area.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back