Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

I can’t fall asleep.

Theserpentrises1666

Hello my fellow SS brothers and sisters :cry:

I currently have a problem *sigh* it’s an annoying problem but none the less.

I don’t know why, but for the past 3 days atleast I’ve been having a hard time falling asleep and getting enough hours of sleep.

I been taking melatonin for a while and it worked initially, now I lay in bed with my thoughts racing just random thoughts pop in my head. I dunno if this messed up my sleep cycle or what?

I try to have a good sleep schedule and go to bed early but when I lay down I suddenly don’t feel that tired and when I do go to sleep I wake up 4 to 5 hours later.

Could I have too much energy from the mediating and hatha yoga?

Any advice would be appreciated I don’t know what to do and it sucks cuz I feel tired throughout the day and yawn alot.

Theserpentrises1666 said:

You shouldn't need to, nor should you, take melatonin frequently. It should be taken just to fix a sleep schedule, but not maintain it. The reason is that supplemented melatonin can fuck with the body's circadian rhythm and hormonal profile. The body also develops a tolerance to it.

The energy from spiritual work could be too stimulating, but unless it feels like you cannot even lay down, I don't think it is the reason preventing you from sleep. It may be, but idk. The reason I say this is because some days I would feel super tingling and awake, but I could still fall asleep relatively easily. This is just my experience, however.

The next, more likely scenario, is that you are stimulating yourself with blue-light before bed, which comes in large doses from digital devices, and in moderate doses from lighting. When you look at your phone, you basically tell your brain that the sun is out and in the middle of the sky, so your body will halt or prevent secretion of melatonin.

The way around this is to install blue-light filters on the phone and computers, and make them aggressive. This is not necessary all the time, rather only anywhere from 2-3 hours before sleep time.

Additionally, you can get some blue-light blocking glasses from Amazon and wear them before bed. They have all sorts of related products. Ones that I use are the Uvex branded ones, and they look funny, but they work really well, and are cheap.

I would recommend a combination of wearing the glasses and filtering blue light from your environment to protect your sleep schedule.

Physically, there are reasons in TCM that can prevent sleep, such as some yin-deficiencies, I think liver yin-deficiency, stomach problems, however these would present with other symptoms, so unless you notice other stuff, than this is likely not the cause.

When you are laying in bed and thinking a lot, this is likely due to having too much cortisol in your blood, because your body thinks it is still day time. During a normal evening, as blue-light decreases, the body detects the change and lowers cortisol and secretes melatonin.

When your eyes are blasted by blue-light, your body will secrete cortisol, which will prevent sleep. As you lay in bed with no more light stimulation, eventually the body will realize it is actually bed-time, and then you will eventually fall asleep.

My advice would be to therefore stop the melatonin and instead make sure your light environment is contained, and this should allow for a more normal sleep.

Additionally, exposure to actual sunlight resets the body's circadian rhythm, so doing this can help you "reset" back to normal quicker.

Also, another small tip: insulin in the bloodstream can hamper the effectiveness of melatonin, so don't eat about 2 hours before bed. This is one of the reasons, in TCM, why they say the evening meal should be small and 2-3 hours before bedtime.

Hello my fellow SS brothers and sisters :cry:

I currently have a problem *sigh* it’s an annoying problem but none the less.

I don’t know why, but for the past 3 days atleast I’ve been having a hard time falling asleep and getting enough hours of sleep.

I been taking melatonin for a while and it worked initially, now I lay in bed with my thoughts racing just random thoughts pop in my head. I dunno if this messed up my sleep cycle or what?

I try to have a good sleep schedule and go to bed early but when I lay down I suddenly don’t feel that tired and when I do go to sleep I wake up 4 to 5 hours later.

Could I have too much energy from the mediating and hatha yoga?

Any advice would be appreciated I don’t know what to do and it sucks cuz I feel tired throughout the day and yawn alot.
Void meditation usually puts me in a good light trance. You can try it and when in trance state, will yourself to sleep.

You can also breathe in blue energy and program it to make you sleepy. I know from experience this works effectively.

You need a proper sleep cycle. Go to bed at roughly the same time every day, and wake up at roughly the same time. The time you go to bed is the most important one. Try to do it sometime between 8pm and 10:30pm if possible, depending on your situation.

Make an effort to do phsyically intense things early into the day and to do slow, relaxing things from the afternoon until at night when you go to bed. This is essential to prepare your body for proper sleep.
Do NOT eat for atleast 2h before going to bed, preferrably 3h. Normally, it's said to not eat after 8pm roughly. If your stomach is busy digesting things, your sleep wont be as good.

You can do Hatha Yoga as your last thing before bed. For me it always helps me sleep if I do it like this, and then lie down for 10 mins or so relaxing. After that, I can easily fall asleep without issues.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in on Melatonin, but as far as I know it's pretty bad to take things like this. Most likely it makes your body produce less of it on its own, affecting your sleep negatively whenever you don't take melatonin. In other words, it would make you completely dependent on taking it, which is very bad.

I’ve had the exact same thing happening. I take melatonin but my sleep has seriously been messed up the last few days. I don’t have much advice to help, but maybe try to meditate and put your mind at ease right before going to sleep. I can’t do this because my mind is all over the place when I’m tired.

Check your lips...

If they are looking pale then you are likely suffering from blood deficiency.

Other possibilities include full fire syndrome or qi stagnation.

Check the lips first...

SouthernWhiteGentile said:
I’ve had the exact same thing happening. I take melatonin but my sleep has seriously been messed up the last few days. I don’t have much advice to help, but maybe try to meditate and put your mind at ease right before going to sleep. I can’t do this because my mind is all over the place when I’m tired.

Look at what I said in reply to Theserpentrises1666, as this likely applies you to. Try the changes and then get back to us.

Blitzkreig said:

I originally started taking melatonin about a month ago to fix my sleep schedule to go asleep earlier but I just kept taking it and yea the ones I got are like 10 mg.

I went for a run today to see if that helps and got exposure to sunlight. I felt kinda tired during the Day but then I would get energy like after I ran or ate. Legs are pretty sore now.

And fuck I wish I would’ve seen this sooner I already took melatonin but I took lower dose one to try and taper off I guess.

It’s weird tho I get sleepy and then when I lay down I feel uncomfortable and not tired anymore and I felt my heart beat. Also started to feel warm even tho it was 65 in my room.

I try not to be on my phone late at night either but I get bored.

Do you do yoga ? How many workings do you do a day? If u find u can’t sleep and have a lot of energy ... ask ur guardian to take it I used this before and I usually fall asleep not long after if the case is to much energy of course make sure u exercise aswel and eat properly etc the pineal gland should be worked on aswel

Blackdragon666 said:
Void meditation usually puts me in a good light trance. You can try it and when in trance state, will yourself to sleep.

You can also breathe in blue energy and program it to make you sleepy. I know from experience this works effectively.

Thanks, I tried your advice and I think it helped along with the other things I did. I will do it again to know forsure.

Blitzkreig said:

I originally started taking melatonin about a month ago to fix my sleep schedule to go asleep earlier but I just kept taking it and yea the ones I got are like 10 mg.

I went for a run today to see if that helps and got exposure to sunlight. I felt kinda tired during the Day but then I would get energy like after I ran or ate. Legs are pretty sore now.

And fuck I wish I would’ve seen this sooner I already took melatonin but I took lower dose one to try and taper off I guess.

It’s weird tho I get sleepy and then when I lay down I feel uncomfortable and not tired anymore and I felt my heart beat. Also started to feel warm even tho it was 65 in my room.

The melatonin and phone don't help, but if you are saying that you still get sleepy before attempting sleep, then it sounds like those aren't the prime factors preventing sleep, as they would prevent a sleepy feeling. What you describe sounds like a body imbalance. The warm feeling is suggestive of some sort of yin deficiency. Combined with feeling your heart beat, it may be heart yin deficiency. I am not sure 100%, so follow up with Central Force and reply to his comment.

Before bed and during you laying in bed, try pushing the Heart-6 and 7 acupoints and see if that makes a difference. Try for 5-10 minutes.

ht3-7.jpg

See these links:
Heart 6 Acupoint (Includes the image, if the link doesn't post)
Heart 7 Acupoint

Heart Patterns (See if any apply to you)
TCM causes of insomnia

Follow up with CentralForce, as he can do symptom differentiation/diagnosis well. In general, you should read about foods to eat to boost yin, because it sounds like you have some yin deficiency regardless. Keep the kidney boosted as well, which is general advice, but needs to be said. Lots of people have yin deficiency in our modern clownworld, just due to the setup of it.

The exercise is good. This should be kept up, in general. For yin deficiency specifically, the hatha yoga is the way to go, as far as what should be prioritized.

Hatha yoga packet download link

Centralforce666 said:
Check your lips...

If they are looking pale then you are likely suffering from blood deficiency.

Other possibilities include full fire syndrome or qi stagnation.

Check the lips first...

I checking my lips and they look fine to me normal pink color.

I’m not familiar with all those terms so can you elaborate for me?

I also had been getting tooth pain and head pain so this may contribute to bad sleep too.

Therealbornoffire666 said:
Do you do yoga ? How many workings do you do a day? If u find u can’t sleep and have a lot of energy ... ask ur guardian to take it I used this before and I usually fall asleep not long after if the case is to much energy of course make sure u exercise aswel and eat properly etc the pineal gland should be worked on aswel

Yes I do yoga, I’ve been doing the 40 day meditation program by HP HC and got to the yoga part.

I meditate 2x and do rtrs 2x a day. Today I’ve done way more rtrs.

And I don’t know who my GD Is or if I even have one yet....

Therealbornoffire666 said:

Yes I do yoga, I’ve been doing the 40 day meditation program by HP HC and got to the yoga part.

I meditate 2x and do rtrs 2x a day. Today I’ve done way more rtrs.

And I don’t know who my GD Is or if I even have one yet....
I’m pretty sure you have a GD brethren ask father Satan to inspire ur GD to you

Blitzkreig said:

The melatonin and phone don't help, but if you are saying that you still get sleepy before attempting sleep, then it sounds like those aren't the prime factors preventing sleep, as they would prevent a sleepy feeling. What you describe sounds like a body imbalance. The warm feeling is suggestive of some sort of yin deficiency. Combined with feeling your heart beat, it may be heart yin deficiency. I am not sure 100%, so follow up with Central Force and reply to his comment.

Before bed and during you laying in bed, try pushing the Heart-6 and 7 acupoints and see if that makes a difference. Try for 5-10 minutes.

ht3-7.jpg

See these links:
Heart 6 Acupoint (Includes the image, if the link doesn't post)
Heart 7 Acupoint

Heart Patterns (See if any apply to you)
TCM causes of insomnia

Follow up with CentralForce, as he can do symptom differentiation/diagnosis well. In general, you should read about foods to eat to boost yin, because it sounds like you have some yin deficiency regardless. Keep the kidney boosted as well, which is general advice, but needs to be said. Lots of people have yin deficiency in our modern clownworld, just due to the setup of it.

The exercise is good. This should be kept up, in general. For yin deficiency specifically, the hatha yoga is the way to go, as far as what should be prioritized.

Hatha yoga packet download link

Hey just wanted to let you know I’m doing better and stopped taking that stuff. Thanks for always helping anyway you can on these posts I know it’s not easy with everything we have to do.

Hey just wanted to let you know I’m doing better and stopped taking that stuff. Thanks for always helping anyway you can on these posts I know it’s not easy with everything we have to do.

Good to hear! Thanks for your follow-up!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back