Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Period Cramps

Cynthia

Today I had to sit down for about an hour and a half because I had such bad cramps and I was sweating through my clothes and felt like I was basically having hot flashes (I'm only 23). Are there any supplements I can take to prevent this from happening again? I haven't had this much pain since high school. Sorry if this is too much info. Thanks for your time.

Hail Satan

Cynthia said:
Today I had to sit down for about an hour and a half because I had such bad cramps and I was sweating through my clothes and felt like I was basically having hot flashes (I'm only 23). Are there any supplements I can take to prevent this from happening again? I haven't had this much pain since high school. Sorry if this is too much info. Thanks for your time.

Hail Satan

These problems of course are from imbalanced hormones. Many women have this problem, if not all at some point in this life due to the issues with this modern age.

Having hot flashes, painful and heavy periods are the result of an issue.

There are more than a few causes of these things and not the best idea to just take a supplement. Its best to get deep at the root cause.

How long have you had these issues. Did they recently start up or an on and off things since high school?

Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

The hot flashes relate to a yin deficiency of the body. In women, periods result in a loss of kidney yin in the body, which can then result in additional uncomfortable symptoms. This article goes into decent depth about the problem and what you can do right now to alleviate it.

I would suggest following up with a TCM doctor, and they can prescribe you certain herbal formulas, based on your symptoms and your body's constitution.

As HPS Shannon was getting into, xenoestrogens and other hormone-modifiers like birth control can also damage fertility, both in men and women. Switching out your household products and foods for more natural/organic sources combats this to a large degree, as well as filtered water. This represents a more long-term solution.

HPS Shannon said:
Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

These problems of course are from imbalanced hormones. Many women have this problem, if not all at some point in this life due to the issues with this modern age.

Having hot flashes, painful and heavy periods are the result of an issue.

There are more than a few causes of these things and not the best idea to just take a supplement. Its best to get deep at the root cause.

How long have you had these issues. Did they recently start up or an on and off things since high school?

They were really bad to the point of me missing school in high school. Then I was on the pill for a few years when I was with my ex but we broke up and I stopped taking them because it costs money and my insurance isn't great. When I was on the pill I had pretty light, regular, painless periods. I've been off the pill for about 6 months now and I've had discomfort in the past but never as bad as yesterday. Yesterday was the first day I was in so much pain I couldn't function. Thankfully today was a lot better.
Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it :)

Hail Satan

Blitzkreig said:
Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

The hot flashes relate to a yin deficiency of the body. In women, periods result in a loss of kidney yin in the body, which can then result in additional uncomfortable symptoms. This article goes into decent depth about the problem and what you can do right now to alleviate it.

I would suggest following up with a TCM doctor, and they can prescribe you certain herbal formulas, based on your symptoms and your body's constitution.

As HPS Shannon was getting into, xenoestrogens and other hormone-modifiers like birth control can also damage fertility, both in men and women. Switching out your household products and foods for more natural/organic sources combats this to a large degree, as well as filtered water. This represents a more long-term solution.

Thank you for your advice and article! I will look into TCM solutions and try to eat more organic.
I appreciate your time!

Hail Satan

In eating, try to include more of the following foods, particularly in small amounts and more often:

- cooked kidney beans/black beans
- mussels
- duck
- eggs
- soups and bone broths

Avoid frying and baked foods, opt for steaming and water frying, stewing and boiling.

Avoid hot spices, alcohol and eating late at night (after 8 pm).

Try to sleep earlier and avoid wearing yourself too thin between cycles.

Centralforce666 said:
In eating, try to include more of the following foods, particularly in small amounts and more often:

- cooked kidney beans/black beans
- mussels
- duck
- eggs
- soups and bone broths

Avoid frying and baked foods, opt for steaming and water frying, stewing and boiling.

Avoid hot spices, alcohol and eating late at night (after 8 pm).

Try to sleep earlier and avoid wearing yourself too thin between cycles.

Thanks for your advice! It will be hard to avoid spicy food lol but I'll try. Everything else seems doable.

Hail Satan!

Blitzkreig said:
Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

Consider what CentralForce and Blitzkrieg suggested as they are connected with your hormones and kidneys.

As far as TCM goes, it is a yin problem and taking the advice suggested will help.
However, I know for a fact that this TCM formula helps and I take it from time to time. It will give you much relief and boost your kidneys and enhance the advice given to you.

www.activeherb.com/yinvive/

HPS Shannon said:
Blitzkreig said:
Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

Consider what CentralForce and Blitzkrieg suggested as they are connected with your hormones and kidneys.

As far as TCM goes, it is a yin problem and taking the advice suggested will help.
However, I know for a fact that this TCM formula helps and I take it from time to time. It will give you much relief and boost your kidneys and enhance the advice given to you.

http://www.activeherb.com/yinvive/

Thank you for your advice and link to the formula! I appreciate your time!

Hail Satan

Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

One of my most FAVORITE things for this issue is raspberry tea. Drink it before and during your period 3x a day. That combined with the yarrow permanently fixed my own issue, very quickly. Which sounds similar to yours. More effective than Tylenol, I was using fresh yarrow from a private forest where I knew there were no contaminants. Yarrow is really easy to find everywhere, especially on forest floors and during the winter.

I used raspberry tea during my pregnancies too, which helped relax the uterus and stopped a lot of cramps and discomforts. It’s recommended to drink it heavily before labor too, and during. At that point though, I’m not sure what the effects were. My daughter did almost shoot out like a MISSILE... :lol:

Sundara said:
Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

One of my most FAVORITE things for this issue is raspberry tea. Drink it before and during your period 3x a day. That combined with the yarrow permanently fixed my own issue, very quickly. Which sounds similar to yours. More effective than Tylenol, I was using fresh yarrow from a private forest where I knew there were no contaminants. Yarrow is really easy to find everywhere, especially on forest floors and during the winter.

I used raspberry tea during my pregnancies too, which helped relax the uterus and stopped a lot of cramps and discomforts. It’s recommended to drink it heavily before labor too, and during. At that point though, I’m not sure what the effects were. My daughter did almost shoot out like a MISSILE... :lol:

Thank you so much for your advice! I will try that. I might need to see the doctor at some point though :( My left side hurts very sharply and I'm wondering if I have an ovarian torsion or something :(

Hail Satan!

Cynthia said:
Sundara said:
Cynthia said:

Hail Satan

Thank you so much for your advice! I will try that. I might need to see the doctor at some point though :( My left side hurts very sharply and I'm wondering if I have an ovarian torsion or something :(

Hail Satan!

Ahh could be cysts too, good luck and feel better.

Pain that is sharp at a fixed location and lasts for a long time is due to blood stagnation.

Based on your symptoms as described, you should be taking:

Liu Wei Di Huang Wan for the hot flashes and menstrual heaviness and,

Xue Fu Zhu Yu Wan for the fixed stabbing pain and period cramps.

This combination in conjunction with dietary changes as suggested will help in relieving your menstrual discomfort.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back