Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Skin help

Taurus

I used alot of topical steroids for a few years unknowingly that it was severely damaging and when i stopped i developed topical steroid withdrawal(look up photos, it can get pretty bad) and i was suffering for about 5-6 months then i started putting apple cider vinegar on the effected area and it got mostly rid of the redness. i've been doing this 2x a week for about 2 and a half years now, and it helps but some say ACV is bad for your skin and im thinking to actually fix the problem now. what do you guys suggest?

i haven't done a working for this yet. supposedly fenugreek can heal skin problems and its my guardian demons plant lol, but that just me thinking fun. i appreciate any info.

Emu oil is a great topical lotion for the skin..

It's expensive but worth it.

To support healthy skin, you also need to look after your lungs..

Quit smoking, reduce the amount of pungent foods you eat (chilli, pepper etc) but still have enough to vent the lung and get regular aurobic excercise.

Taurus said:
I used alot of topical steroids for a few years unknowingly that it was severely damaging and when i stopped i developed topical steroid withdrawal(look up photos, it can get pretty bad) and i was suffering for about 5-6 months then i started putting apple cider vinegar on the effected area and it got mostly rid of the redness. i've been doing this 2x a week for about 2 and a half years now, and it helps but some say ACV is bad for your skin and im thinking to actually fix the problem now. what do you guys suggest?

i haven't done a working for this yet. supposedly fenugreek can heal skin problems and its my guardian demons plant lol, but that just me thinking fun. i appreciate any info.

The skin is where the element of metal manifests (large intestine/lungs), hence why CentralForce said to be mindful of the status of your lungs. You can look here for points to press to aid those organs, thereby aiding the skin. One good one is Large Intestine 11, said to clear heat (inflammation/redness) around the body. Lung 9 might be good because it seems to aid the lungs all around.

Make sure to clear up your diet as well. Eliminate as much processed foods as possible, replaced by organic, whole foods. Make sure you drink plenty of water, in the range of 60-80 ounces per day, depending on your body size.

There are some herbal formulas for skin, I think Acnipearl is one of them, there may be others. You should use caution because sometimes they can cause an imbalance somewhere else if they act to strongly in one direction (such as too cooling, for example). With this in mind, you should pursue a TCM doctor for full treatment.

Here are some links on the efficacy of TCM specifically for Topical Steroid Withdrawal:

"How Chinese Medicine Can Help Topical Steroid Withdrawal"

Case study of treating topical steroid withdrawal

Just google the topic for more. Take care

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back