Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Sugar Intake

Ketchup

Well? I know that Obesity, Diabetes, and Heart Disease rates are related to sugar intake, but obviously those people are eating too much, right?
But even when it's in a healthy percentage in your diet, it's still addictive and messes with your energy levels... Should we be eating it at all?

It is better to eat natural carbohydrates and grains, not the highly processed ones. So your body has to go through the work of breaking it down and transforming it. This is the natural and healthy way, your body wants to do it this way. I know someone who developed an allergic type sensitivity to basically everything with processed sugars and processed grains in it because she ate that stuff for years it until the body decided that it was something harmful so it must be something poison. So now she is only able to eat certain kinds of wild unprocessed grains.

Some sugar sometimes is not a problem. Just don't have too much or too often. We do need to have some sugar every day, but it should be from natural sources.

Ketchup said:

Modern white sugar is processed to the extreme. It is analogous to cocaine powder versus a coca plant leaf. Now that it has been processed and concentrated so highly, it can easily imbalance the human body and mind. Therefore, try to avoid it as best as possible. Good alternatives for a sweet taste would be stevia, honey, or sweet potatoes.

Sugar is the bodies primary source of energy. With diabetes, and obesity, as you said, this happens when consumption becomes extreme.

White sugar is processed too quickly. This is where you get blood sugar spikes that can be dangerous. But once again, this occurs from over consumption. No serious harm will become of you with modest intake, but that’s at your own discretion. There are healthier alternatives, like other members mentioned. It’s up to you.

This might be kind of random but I've found that eating grapes has really helped me cut back on sugar/other junk food as well. They have sugar but its healthier than processed snacks cookies etc. They're kind of like a natural sugar fix

Cynthia said:
This might be kind of random but I've found that eating grapes has really helped me cut back on sugar/other junk food as well. They have sugar but its healthier than processed snacks cookies etc. They're kind of like a natural sugar fix
Fruits in general have this effect. With lower glycemic indexes you can often have as much as you like with no serious health effects. Unless you go over calories then you’ll start to gain weight.

Nonetheless they’re a great healthy alternative to processed sugar desserts.

I used to eat tons and tons of sugar when I was younger. Because of my fast metabolism I was eating between 1/2 to one full chocolate bar every day as a snack without putting on weight or having any discomforts. But over time as I kept doing that, I started to develop shitty side-effects that were quite unpleasant.

My body started hating anything with white sugar in it and I would get rashes after eating anything like that. For me I was able to adjust to a no-sweets lifestyle by eating a lot of foods that had a whole bunch of honey in them, natural high quality honey. I ate foods like that pretty much daily and it helped satisfy those cravings without giving me bad sideeffects.

What are you guys doing? White refined sugar or brown refined sugar should NEVER be taken in any way/form. It should be abandoned!

Replace white refined sugar with jaggery powder or brown sugar which is made of jaggery. Not the refined brown sugar.

White refined sugar will is dangerous af! It will also fuck up your Teeth!!!!!!

Avoid sweets, or any sweet products!!!! Because they ain't using jaggery sugar in those ready made sweet products!

And Ready made Packaged food products should be avoided!!!

InlovewithSatan666 said:
What are you guys doing? White refined sugar or brown refined sugar should NEVER be taken in any way/form. It should be abandoned!

Replace white refined sugar with jaggery powder or brown sugar which is made of jaggery. Not the refined brown sugar.

Avoid sweets, or any sweet products!!!! Because they ain't using jaggery sugar in those ready made sweet products!

Well, you’re not going to die eating a piece of cake or pie from time to time. You’re individual strictness with sugar is up to you. Avoiding it 100% isn’t necessary. Avoiding it is smart, but no need to panic about it.

Eric13 said:
InlovewithSatan666 said:

Well, you’re not going to die eating a piece of cake or pie from time to time. You’re individual strictness with sugar is up to you. Avoiding it 100% isn’t necessary. Avoiding it is smart, but no need to panic about it.

That could not hurt but even a drop of alcohol is akin to a bottle of poison. White refined sugar has been known as the slow poison creating several kinds of diseases. It doesn't even spare your teeth either.

It is necessary to avoid WHITE REFINED SUGAR at all levels in every form and packaged food. Packaged food is full of chemicals and it is called the dead food. Eat freshly cooked food.

You can replace it with jaggery or jaggery powder which is an excellent substitute as it's what been used since the beginning.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back