Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Vitamin C gives me stomach aches.

Seby

I'm taking vitamin C that dissolves in my mouth and now my stomach aches. It's not the first time. Before taking this I took vitamin C that dissolved in water and then drank it but had no issues whatsoever.
What can I do?

How much are you taking?

Excessive vitamin c can cause this as well as digestive problems.

You have to look at supplement intake as well as what you’re getting from diet. Perhaps you’re taking too much.

You need to get buffered vitamin C to counteract the acidity naturally found in Vitamin C, or atleast keep taking it in water to dilute the acidity. The acidity causes the stomach aches, gas and bloating in people.

TopoftheAbyss said:
I'm taking vitamin C that dissolves in my mouth and now my stomach aches. It's not the first time. Before taking this I took vitamin C that dissolved in water and then drank it but had no issues whatsoever.
What can I do?
This is not what you asked about, but just in case I want to let you know. As far as I am aware, the commercial "Vitamin C" is often just ascorbic acid, which is not really Vitamin C at all. Make sure your Vitamin C is from real berries/fruits/whatever (mine is from Acerola cherries), so that it will actually have the effect it's supposed to have.

Sister Shannon, I'll just ping you here so you can hopefully correct me if any of these things I said are wrong. I'm not an expert on this and I want to avoid giving false info.
HPS Shannon said:

Νίκος said:
Shael said:
Isn't ascorbic acid the chemical name for the Vitamin C?Like the vitamin's B9 is Folic acid/folate.
From what I read by another member on here, ascorbic acid supposedly is only one single part of vitamin C, and there are other components to it as well that are building the vitamin. Based on this, taking in only ascorbic acid alone would not provide the same effects as taking "actual" vitamin C. Like I said I'm not 100% sure on the accuracy of this, but it seems logical to me.

Shael said:
Interesting!I thought they were the same but from a quick research it I did it seems that the Ascorbic acid has to chemical types, those 2 being :
1)C6H8O6 (the same as vitamin C)
2)HC6H7O6
So I am not sure?But conveniently enough tomorrow I have a chemistry lesson online so let me ask my teacher about it and I will give an update.

Νίκος said:
Shael said:
Interesting!I thought they were the same but from a quick research it I did it seems that the Ascorbic acid has to chemical types, those 2 being :
1)C6H8O6 (the same as vitamin C)
2)HC6H7O6
So I am not sure?But conveniently enough tomorrow I have a chemistry lesson online so let me ask my teacher about it and I will give an update.
Since you seem interested in it I took the time to dig up that old post again. Here is the article from said post by member Blitzkreig https://www.justlivewell.com/whole-food-vitamins-ascorbic-acid-is-not-vitamin-c/ and here is the post https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35352&p=142521#p142521.

Or red grapefruit juice. Has less sugar and I think also has more vitamin c. But some people don't like it since it's more sour.

If you take any kind of medication, do not drink grapefruit juice. One of the enzymes or vitamins in it can have a strange effect of making the medication more strong. But if you do not take any medications, then there is nothing wrong with it.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Just get orange juice. Then you know it's real vitamin c.
Another great option is kiwi fruits or mangos, which per serving have 100% daily vitamin c requirements. They also have high potassium amounts. Particularly mangos which even beat bananas.

TopoftheAbyss said:
What can I do?

Dietary supplements of vitamin C should be taken on a full stomach. Make sure you have eaten before swallowing it.
The one in tablets I find it more comfortable.
You should also eat oranges because in addition to vitamin C they contain flavonoids and vitamin PP; put together vitamin C and flavonoids work best for your health.

Red bell peppers also have the highest vitamin C content among the commercial products. About 190 mg for a cup and they're also a good source of vitamin A.

There are other, wild fruits that contain even as much as 1000 mg for one fruit, which is how much I take daily from supplements, but, as I stated, those are from wild fruits, not commercially-grown food.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back