Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Olive Oil

My intention is to create a series about common household items like vinegar and olive oil etc... and how these can be used in a variety of ways. Granted I don't know a lot about the subject myself but I would like to learn..

For example...

I have been washing my hands quite a lot and lately, I realized my hands are getting more and drier by the day. The other day my knuckles bled just by making a fist and I didn't want to use in of the commercial moisturizers since whatever it has in it was going to get right into my system since I had a minute open wound

I dapped some olive oil on the back of my palms and it has worked wonders for me

MoonlessNight666 said:
My intention is to create a series about common household items like vinegar and olive oil etc... and how these can be used in a variety of ways. Granted I don't know a lot about the subject myself but I would like to learn..

For example...

I have been washing my hands quite a lot and lately, I realized my hands are getting more and drier by the day. The other day my knuckles bled just by making a fist and I didn't want to use in of the commercial moisturizers since whatever it has in it was going to get right into my system since I had a minute open wound

I dapped some olive oil on the back of my palms and it has worked wonders for me

Regular soap strips the skin of its natural oils, so yes, over washing will cause that
A gentle soap will suffice. I prefer natural lotions for my hands, or oils that penetrate the skin better.

Apple cider vineger is a great general detoxifyer, olive oil can be used in whats known as oil pulling which is holding oil in your mouth for a couple of minutes once a day. This is said to draw impurities out of the body. Honey can be used for all manner of infections, scabs, open wounds bed sores ectra. Once I scrapped my knee from falling off a bike and picked at the wound it got infected and it looked like I might need antibiotics (which should always be a last resort) as a shot in the dark I slathered it with honey it was literally fixed over night. It's a great general purpose skin protector and natural antibiotic that everyone probably has in their homes.

MoonlessNight666 said:

For example...

Omg Olive oil is great for the nails!
If you get a little container and constantly reapply it on your nails/massaging it on your nails every day, your nails get stronger and your cuticles get neater.

MoonlessNight666 said:

For example...

I've heard a lot on the cleaning uses of vinegar. I'm leery on trying many of them out since I worry about gassing myself because some of the tips involve mixing it with other substances. But nuking a bowl of vinegar is good for cleaning microwaves and boiling it in pots & pans works well also. For other things I've been using cleaners by seventh generation since they're a lot more gentle on the lungs and body.

I've had a hunch that olive oil could be used as a moisturizer but I never really tried it. It's not as greasy as lotions so if it can then that's a big plus. Lotions don't work well for me anyway, and if I'm suffering of chronic dryness from cleaning or something then using it ends up having a rebound effect and gives me dermatitis. My strategy is to avoid the drying out in the first place by wearing gloves, or the lowest effective dose of soap if I have to wash my hands.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back