Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is mouthwash necessary?

Aquarius

I've got this fluoride-free mouthwash that has natural stuff in it but I see all these ingredients like sodium benzoate and similar stuff and I'm wondering, is mouthwash necessary for your teeth and gum health?

No, it isnt necessary for gum and teeth health. Gum and teeth health are achieved through proper brushing, a healthy gut and stomach and proper basic nutrition.

Especially with the crap they put in commercial mouthwashes, if you need it then you can make your own with water, peppermint oil, lemon juice and tumeric powder.

Or as a substitute for toothpaste you can use coconut powder. It is 100% natural, cleans the tooth well and in time the teeth become white. Or a 100% natural toothpaste from the trade with a little bicarbonate. Bicarbonate is preferable to be used 10 days a month, it is slightly abrasive to the teeth. I prefer toothpaste with a little coconut powder.

HPS Shannon said:
No, it isnt necessary for gum and teeth health. Gum and teeth health are achieved through proper brushing, a healthy gut and stomach and proper basic nutrition.

Especially with the crap they put in commercial mouthwashes, if you need it then you can make your own with water, peppermint oil, lemon juice and tumeric powder.
Thanks a lot HP:)

HPS Shannon said:

What do you think about flossing? Is it risky because of microplastics and such?

I worked for a multinational where electric toothbrushes and mouthwashes were manufactured for tooth brushing. First, they must be manufactured and installed in a sterile environment! I assure you that no one will offer them to me for free, I don't need them. OK, for example, the electric toothbrush cleans good teeth in the first phase but they are not sterile neither in the manufacturing and assembly phase, nor when they arrive in warehouses and stores.
About dental floss I know nothing, I have heard negative speculation, but I use it and I am satisfied with it.

Definitely a 100% no if it's commercial mouthwash. It contains ingredients you wouldn't want in your system.

I say, it is beneficial if the mouthwash has healing components in it.

My mouthwash has colloidal silver, electrolyte drops, and certain essential oils.

I suggest never ever buy these commercial mouthwash or toothpaste. On toothpaste, you can make it yourself. Many home recipes and can be healing.

curio said:
HPS Shannon said:

What do you think about flossing? Is it risky because of microplastics and such?

If someone wants to be a purist then they can avoid flossing because of the plastic but unfortunately in this modern world, it is hard to completely avoid chemicals, toxins, plastic particulates, etc.

Flossing is fine but many people do it so hard that their gums bleed. Thats another situation.

Flossing of course has its benefits. I dont floss because brushing solves that, for me atleast.

There's more plastic particles in the water you drink than there is from floss. But it seems like a strange thing to do unless you got something stuck in there and you need it.

There is a device called an air glossier which fires compressed air between the teeth to avoid the need for plastics.

It is also gentle in comparison.

I have used one for two years and my mouth health has improved ten fold as a result.

Stormblood said:
What about having a small amount of colloidal silver in one's toothpaste? Could that be good or should one alternate it with one without colloidal silver or even avoid it altogether?
I think colloidal silver would be good in it. But most kinds of toothpaste are dangerous, it's almost all fluoride. Goes through the skin of your mouth and straight into your brain. Get one "fluoride free."

Ol argedco luciftias said:
Stormblood said:
What about having a small amount of colloidal silver in one's toothpaste? Could that be good or should one alternate it with one without colloidal silver or even avoid it altogether?
I think colloidal silver would be good in it. But most kinds of toothpaste are dangerous, it's almost all fluoride. Goes through the skin of your mouth and straight into your brain. Get one "fluoride free."

I have used fluoride-free toothpaste for close to 8 years now. It's not difficult to find... in my country at least. Herbal shops have and the small, local company my mother sells for has them, together with a host of natural products without anything toxic in it. The one with colloidal silver I'm considering is fluoride-free. That's one of the first things I check when considering tooth pastes and mouthwashes.

There are interesting methods for good oral health I've recently discovered..

Some of these methods came from various sources, namely this documentary linked below was interesting and is something I plan on trying.

Things needed are an irrigator, salt(Sea or Himalayan), Lugol's Iodine 2% or 5% drops in the irrigator. You form a solution in the irrigator water with the salt/iodine or both. I will give this a try. Also I've heart that oil pulling(10-15 min) in addition to swishing wheatgrass mixed with pure water in a shot glass swishing(5min) this can really help out in remineralizing.

Here are some links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKJgwR2RScw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d992hw9-W8

https://www.reddit.com/r/INTP/comments/8oieuu/you_can_heal_your_teeth_naturally/e04azvw/

Centralforce666 said:
There is a device called an air glossier which fires compressed air between the teeth to avoid the need for plastics.

I have used one for two years and my mouth health has improved ten fold as a result.

Can't seem to find this "air glossier" does it have another name?

Braun666 said:
Centralforce666 said:

Can't seem to find this "air glossier" does it have another name?
Lol, he mispelled the name, It’s air flosser.

I went through a period of using fluoride free toothpaste, due to all the negativity.

Used to use Listerine mouthwash everynight my wife also.

I think its a waste of money.

Brushing your teeth after every meal or at least twice per day would suffice.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back