Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

How often do you take cold bath in winter ?

sonnenkraft

in November until now i took 3 times cold shower ,as weather is getting much colder i hope i continue doing this,
it might be painful for the first time but If you make cold bath a daily practice you will benefit a lot
Cold showers are an exercise of willpower as written in the article
Full Article
https://highexistence.com/5-life-changing-benefits-cold-showers/

it might be old information for some , but i will post it as an Refresher,and for those who don't know :)

I remember once years ago, I was visiting some family who lived off grid in the woods during the winter time. Whilst at my stay the only option for a shower was a water hose hooked to a tank above a small fire pit. It was so cold one day and we’d been working hard cutting wood and other chores. I needed shower and the fire pit was covered in melted snow. A warm shower was not going to happen this evening. So I took a cold one in below freezing temperatures outside. It sucked a lot and I hated it very much. Some how or another I was reading a post shortly after from and thread where Hp Mageson made a comment. He said cold showers are not winz. I thought wow, what strange timing to here this and boy are you right! I thought I was weak for hating it. But no he’s right. It’s not some show of willpower. Cold showers aren’t winz. Peoplez don’t them please. Unless you just really like it I guess.

Eric13 said:
I remember once years ago, I was visiting some family who lived off grid in the woods during the winter time. Whilst at my stay the only option for a shower was a water hose hooked to a tank above a small fire pit. It was so cold one day and we’d been working hard cutting wood and other chores. I needed shower and the fire pit was covered in melted snow. A warm shower was not going to happen this evening. So I took a cold one in below freezing temperatures outside. It sucked a lot and I hated it very much. Some how or another I was reading a post shortly after from and thread where Hp Mageson made a comment. He said cold showers are not winz. I thought wow, what strange timing to here this and boy are you right! I thought I was weak for hating it. But no he’s right. It’s not some show of willpower. Cold showers aren’t winz. Peoplez don’t them please. Unless you just really like it I guess.

it was never fun to have cold shower but for the benefit of health i am doing it,not enjoyable.
Have a cold shower but not frequently ,you hated it because you were already facing a bad day and you were forced to have a cold shower u had no option you hated it

And regarding Hp Mageson comment:- " cold showers are not winz "
regarding your case it is not winz because you were working hard cutting woods etc
were you supposed to have a Hot shower for muscle relaxation but opposite things happened .

Cold showers are also a sign of poverty.

And please dont do this to your health.. in winter time you might get really sick.

Cold showers are not good, if you want to develop willpower stop browsing useless info that attracts the most naive of the people and get on studying or doing something useful.

Aquarius said:
Cold showers are not good, if you want to develop willpower stop browsing useless info that attracts the most naive of the people and get on studying or doing something useful.
There is evidence for a whole host of benefits of cold immersion, though, and in many domains - mental, physical and performance. As well as through saunas.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/reports/cold-stress.pdf

I haven't had any negative effects from cold showers and they feel good to me.

I think it can be good sometimes in the Summer, but not in Winter. Going outside when it is cold is the replacement of a cold shower. Then when your body is cold and needs to make more heat, you don't fix this by going under cold water. That's how people die, hypothermia.

curio said:
Aquarius said:
There is evidence for a whole host of benefits of cold immersion, though, and in many domains - mental, physical and performance. As well as through saunas.

https://www.foundmyfitness.com/reports/cold-stress.pdf

I haven't had any negative effects from cold showers and they feel good to me.
I once asked Brother Centralforce by mail or it was on the other forum if cold therapy was good, his answer was that it’s not, if you search the word cold in his posts you’ll notice it’s always something negative to avoid. I myself used to do it too, during febbruary with snow I made a hole into a couple inches thick swimming pool and immerged myself in it, I could bet it was all good and shit but that really is placebo, it feels good in your mind but not body.

EnkiUK3 said:
I Fancy trying this :D
Be careful! I think it can be good to put on your shorts and go for a quick swim in deep snow, but then go inside into a warm house and warm up. The cold shower in the winter sounds like the opposite. Already being cold, then going under and getting even colder and never warming up.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
EnkiUK3 said:
I Fancy trying this :D
Be careful! I think it can be good to put on your shorts and go for a quick swim in deep snow, but then go inside into a warm house and warm up. The cold shower in the winter sounds like the opposite. Already being cold, then going under and getting even colder and never warming up.

Okay, thank you my friend ;)

Of course it can strengthen your will power. Doing anything that you don't want to do, or that your body doesn't want you to do will strengthen your will power. Doesn't mean it is healthy for you to do so. I'd think chopping your dick off would be one mighty test of will power, doesn't mean you should do it. Extreme example I know, but that just shows how this mentality can be dangerous. Just be careful and follow your intuition.

I think its weird, a lot of jewish media and alt health promote cold showers, there is that one guy the "ice man" who does the whole cold shower breathing stuff, I tried it before and i really hated it. I dont know how effective it would be if i continued. I never tried it after that one time. Im not a cold person. I suppose maybe doing it for advanced void meditation wouldnt be bad but not freezing tissue damaging cold like some 'gurus' would recommend.

Doing cold showers would always stress my body and leave me weak and exhausted afterwards. The only "benefit" it gave was that it made me hurry more because I wanted to get out asap. Lol

Wim Hoff method? seen a link seemingly it is free to join his group.

Shael said:
Doing cold showers would always stress my body and leave me weak and exhausted afterwards. The only "benefit" it gave was that it made me hurry more because I wanted to get out asap. Lol
Same , and after a while if you didn't want to do it it felt like you were weak or something shit ass mentality, Jonhson Akemi had the same experience too.

Malkom2 said:
Of course it can strengthen your will power. Doing anything that you don't want to do, or that your body doesn't want you to do will strengthen your will power. Doesn't mean it is healthy for you to do so. I'd think chopping your dick off would be one mighty test of will power, doesn't mean you should do it. Extreme example I know, but that just shows how this mentality can be dangerous. Just be careful and follow your intuition.
common sense (if you have any)*

Malkom2 said:
I'd think chopping your dick off would be one mighty test of will power

If an insect enters inside your head, the insect will surely die of starvation, because you have no brain, your head is empty.

topic is how often you take cold bath,you can share experience,u can like ,dislike , i don't need stupid example.
i don't care if "willpower" word triggered you, neither i care about your sensitive debilitated personality.

sonnenkraft said:
You completely disregarded the rest of my post. I think you're too fixated on the part of my message that mentioned male genitalia to form a legitimate response.

I take cold showers every evening...I have to wake up early and bike 4 miles to work @ 5:00 am. Yes sometimes I am cold, but I do wear warm clothing and actually I feel like my body heat has increases naturally in cold environment since using cold showers. I like cold showers. At first they sucked but they've made me bit more resilient. Plus working out...I feel like I've learned to withstand more discomfort. But once I take this cold shower I don't go out butt naked and try to get more cold, na I'm not tryina get sick. I just know that if I was in a situation where I had to withstand cold...I could. I also understand that mental resistance and what your body can actually resist before taking damage are two different things.

I bath with hot water even in summers!
Kinda nuts, but I just like lukewarm water baths with added goodness like bath salts and those soapy liquids. :D

It's good for ReLaXiNg :!: :?: :lol:

Also, I'm speaking about bathing at night after the day breaks and not early morning morning baths, for those I take quick showers which still mostly has lukewarm water or normal temp water!

This friend of mine takes cold water baths for she says it helps for her skin, and I was like wtf.. :eek:
Didn't asked her why & how though!

Don't do cold shower in winter. But it doesn't have to be hot either if you don't like that. I can't do hot water, I have to do it just warm. Don't do it too hot or too cold just for some kind of dumb challenge. You should be finding the temperature that is comfortable for you.

I believe that these things also depend on your own body and elemental makeup. I feel like some people who are high in fire and have really good circulation, may constantly feel warm regardless of the time of year. Or people who are experiencing kundalini activity also may feel uncomfortably hot during some stages. For those cases, cold showers could atleast be a neutral thing, aka not cause damage. Most people need warmth from some kind of outside source during the cold months, me included. So skipping on my nice warm shower in the morning would make me feel cold and shitty all day. Probably some people need this more than others, depending on their own bodies.

In extreme weather
Twice a week is enough
And keep your personal hygiene physically and spiritually...

sonnenkraft said:
in November until now i took 3 times cold shower ,as weather is getting much colder i hope i continue doing this,
it might be painful for the first time but If you make cold bath a daily practice you will benefit a lot
Cold showers are an exercise of willpower as written in the article
Full Article
https://highexistence.com/5-life-changing-benefits-cold-showers/

it might be old information for some , but i will post it as an Refresher,and for those who don't know :)

If it is willpower you want to develop. Hold a yoga pose for an extended period of time without moving, in these times i personally find it necessary.
Iron Will.
Also you dont want to send your body in a shock by extreme cold showers.
If you live in cold weather already running would be enough too.
But i think it was not just cold showers but holding a yoga pose or meditative state under a cold shower?.
Horse stance under a shower, not facing the shower though xD
Also what i did several times was standing a reciting a mantra in a cold shower, standing still.
Works very well. :)

Torturing yourself is not going to grant you 'amazingz willpowerz'. When soldiers do torture training it's to train methods of disassociation to divert the 'self' away and beyond the pain outside of the situation and this doesn't stop you from feeling the pain it's only a mimicry of 'hopefulness'. This does not make you mentally stronger as the next day it's still going to suck, it's still going to hurt and it's still going to be awful all the same.

Each time you still have to put in and apply actual straining mental effort to disassociate from the pain and it is exhausting both physically and spiritually to do that not to mention unhealthy on both aspects. For the past 2 months I have been dealing with an excruciating spinal re-injury that feels like my lower body is legit being torn apart at the joints and this pain can last for can hour and can be crippling. Now I'd consider myself a very hardy individual but no matter how much I do void meditation or 'train' myself to endure, the pain does not lessen, the agony does not subside and it doesn't feel any easier to deal with or endure, it just helps me keep my sanity until it goes away.

But maybe the next day I'll be too exhausted to preform that kind of mental effort, to which it will be the full frontal assault that I'll have to face, and maybe I had gotten so used to the 'endurance' I had before so then I'd be completely unprepared to truly handle the full force of the agony.

Pain translates onto the astral as negative energy, even if you some how learn to cope with it on the conscious level, this is not going to change what's going on on the soul level. If you're in pain you have to frequently clean your soul, and sorry but no amount of 'mental training' is going to stop you from screaming when your nails are ripped out and your hand is chopped off. There is zero strength to be found in it.

The enemy is always worshiping pain, even upon themselves, all the suffering and hardships they endure from curses and attacks by us and our gods is shit they think is on the terms of 'being tested' and they welcome and embrace it, and this severely fucks up and ruins their souls as well as draws even more harm to them. They're fucking mentally ill on the soul level and this is what would be their undoing as a species in hundreds of thousands of years even without us. Xians also go off about sacrifice all the time, sacrifice of happiness, sacrifice of freedom, instilling personal suffering on purpose for 'jewzuz' and it's disgusting.

Any deliberate act of self-harm is insane and stupid. No animal in nature would do it.

For the people that said cold showers isnt helpful for willpower. This part of the satanic void meditation post.

"2. Add uncomfortable and/or awkward positions. Make sure these are taken from a Yoga or Tai Chi book, so that they are physically beneficial. This is a discipline that is taught in many Martial Arts schools where one learns to ignore pain, while retaining intense focus. This strengthens the mind for physical combat and drastically increases your sense of self-confidence. This will also increase your resistance to pain.
Many martial arts masters meditate under cold waterfalls, in snow or other painful conditions. One's physical health must be built up here, for obvious reasons. A cold shower can be substituted. As with anything new, be sure to start out gradual.
These techniques, when mastered, will give one total control over one's mind and emotions. If one faces death, one will not freeze up or panic with fear and the odds of one's survival will greatly increase."

source: https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Void_Meditation.html

HESTEKIND said:
For the people that said cold showers isnt helpful for willpower. This part of the satanic void meditation post.

"2. Add uncomfortable and/or awkward positions. Make sure these are taken from a Yoga or Tai Chi book, so that they are physically beneficial. This is a discipline that is taught in many Martial Arts schools where one learns to ignore pain, while retaining intense focus. This strengthens the mind for physical combat and drastically increases your sense of self-confidence. This will also increase your resistance to pain.
Many martial arts masters meditate under cold waterfalls, in snow or other painful conditions. One's physical health must be built up here, for obvious reasons. A cold shower can be substituted. As with anything new, be sure to start out gradual.
These techniques, when mastered, will give one total control over one's mind and emotions. If one faces death, one will not freeze up or panic with fear and the odds of one's survival will greatly increase."

source: https://www.joyofsatan.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Satanic_Void_Meditation.html

Please be aware some information on the website is outdated and some things can be and have been subject to change when more knowledge and clarifications are attained. You can improve your mental aptitude and discipline without needing to place yourself in painful positions/situations or forcing yourself into extreme discomfort. In fact it may even be much harder to do this when you put yourself in these situations.

It's like a spelling bee where the teacher pressures the student severely to hurry up or get it right and in turn the student ends up fumbling more than they would have and only ends up making mistakes because there's such a force against them. You can probably build up to such things but in my opinion it seems unnecessary to go to any extremes. Void meditation and attaining this kind of discipline can be mastered in hundreds of other ways that don't bring any kind of 'harm' to you.

Ghost in the Machine said:
HESTEKIND said:

Please be aware some information on the website is outdated and some things can be and have been subject to change when more knowledge and clarifications are attained. You can improve your mental aptitude and discipline without needing to place yourself in painful positions/situations or forcing yourself into extreme discomfort. In fact it may even be much harder to do this when you put yourself in these situations.

It's like a spelling bee where the teacher pressures the student severely to hurry up or get it right and in turn the student ends up fumbling more than they would have and only ends up making mistakes because there's such a force against them. You can probably build up to such things but in my opinion it seems unnecessary to go to any extremes. Void meditation and attaining this kind of discipline can be mastered in hundreds of other ways that don't bring any kind of 'harm' to you.
I dont see your point. You aren't harming urself by taking cold shower, unless you are sick or close to be. But are there methods that can be more effective for attaining an iron will, or intense focus?

HESTEKIND said:

Again, there is a time and a place for everything, but not now. Before giving advice about anything, since you still don't get there by simple intuition, be sure to study. In this case, study TCM and Ayurveda, and you'll understand why taking a cold baths/showers in winter in a non-tropical country is going to do A LOT MORE HARM than it does any good. Just like drinking alcoholics: the damage you do to yourself is extensive, permanent or semi-permanent depending on various factors (without years of meditation AFTER dropping the crap you ingest, not during) to the liver and the brain, the endocrine system and so on.

Those yogis have years of training on their behalf and didn't immediately start training with this meaningless stuff, as the body needs to be built up first. Secondarily, most so-called yogis (the modern ones) do counterproductive, if not outright harmful, activities too, like cutting their tongues, bathing after kundalini yoga, smashing their body into hard materials, and other stuff that, if doesn't kill you is going to severely damage you, making you weaker, not stronger at all.

Self-discipline isn't built by creating energy blockages and damaging yourself. It is built through positive reinforcement of several beneficial activities that you can include in your routine.

A reminder that this is Varg Idiotson's forum.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back