Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Antibiotics and some Alternatives

I wanted to bump this up.

Just wanted to add...
Repopulating the guts with fermented foods should be an everyday thing.

Here in my house, we love to drink kefir and eat plain yogurt. The yogurt, I make myself at home. So simple. You can Google or YouTube videos how to make it. It's such a cheap way to repopulate one's gut. Plus, with a bunch of yogurt, you can use it as smoothie base or use it to make dipping sauces or dressings. Doesn't have to be boring. :-D

Very informative topic Hps Shannon thank you very much for this!

But there is something very important that you probably forgot to mention.
As you mentioned an antibiotic kills every bacteria in its way so the same goes for probiotics (Even if they are from pharmacy or from yogurt etc.)So in order to no waken the antibiotic and kill both the probiotics and your gut bacteria it is advisable to wait about 2-3 hours after you take the antibiotic and then take the probiotics.So both the antibiotic will kill the harmful bacteria successfully .Then you can take your probiotics.
Keep in mind that this knowledge is coming from my doctor and biology teacher and from personal research so it is accurate.

Νίκος said:

As you mentioned an antibiotic kills every bacteria in its way so the same goes for probiotics (Even if they are from pharmacy or from yogurt etc.)So in order to no waken the antibiotic and kill both the probiotics and your gut bacteria it is advisable to wait about 2-3 hours after you take the antibiotic and then take the probiotics.So both the antibiotic will kill the harmful bacteria successfully .Then you can take your probiotics.
Keep in mind that this knowledge is coming from my doctor and biology teacher and from personal research so it is accurate.
This seems good knowledge but keep in mind that doctors arent always right.

Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:

No, he is right. Its best to space antibiotic usage and probiotic ingestion so as to not kill off the beneficials.

HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:
Νίκος said:

No, he is right. Its best to space antibiotic usage and probiotic ingestion so as to not kill off the beneficials.
Yep that's why I said this is good knowledge:) just wanted to point out that even if someone is a doc he's not always right.

Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:

Yep that's why I said this is good knowledge:) just wanted to point out that even if someone is a doc he's not always right.

I know, I was just clarifying in that case just in case there was any doubt surrounding that fact that he presented, since you said the word "seem"

:)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back