Antibiotics and some Alternatives

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.
HPS Shannon

Antibiotics and some Alternatives

Postby HPS Shannon » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:26 am

These days many people are conditioned to be bacillophobic or have a fear of microbes and bacteria. No doubt when one hears of bacteria, images of sickness and disease come to mind.

Bacteria play an integral role and building, supporting and maintaining our health as well as supporting many biochemical actions on earth.

The bacteria in and around our bodies have many functions. The bacteria on our skin works to clean our skin and keep it smooth and lubricated. The overuse of harsh drying and caustic detergents and soaps strip our skin of these bacteria leading to dry skin and such. Drinking Chlorine in water does the same.( A water distiller and shower filter can change that.)

The bacteria in our bodies and gut play a role in our health and immunity. The bacteria in a healthy gut protect against many diseases such as mercury poisoning, infections such as yeast infection and strep throat and many digestive problems. The bacteria in our gut can be disrupted by many things such as stress, drinking chlorinated water and unhealthy eating but the main culprit these days are antibiotics and some other unnecessary drugs.

As you know, no matter what infection you may have, antibiotics kill everything. Even the healthy bacteria that occupies our guts. That is why digestive pains, diarrhea and yeast and candida infections happen when taking antibiotics. Antibiotic use has been linked to crowns disease, colitis, autism, behavioural problems, joint pains, leaky gut syndrome, acne, candida infections and parasitic growth ,bowel problems, decreased immune function and the like. What is even unfortunate is that these harmful strains of bacteria are becoming resistant against these antibiotics and so many antibiotics are doing nothing to kill the resistant strain of bacteria.

Another thing, that is why it is important to seek out organic meat and dairy as much as possible because the commercial raising of animals are horrendous, They are treated horribly and when the become sick, they are pumped full of antibiotics to keep them well enough to serve their purpose. We eat this meat and are exposed to some of these antibiotics. And the viscous cycle continues...

As Maxine stated many times, "Antibiotics save lives" so if faced with a very serious and dire problem, one should take it without a doubt but on the other hand, I also feel that if one can go without harsh antibiotics and use that as last resort, then they should.

One example; Many summer solstices ago, I got a bad strep throat infection, it was the worst and sucked big time!

My mother kept telling me to go to the doctor and get some antibiotics but I really didn't want to. As I knew the side effects and how it really messes with my stomach and would give me a candida infection. As a day or two went by I almost went to the doctor but I opted for a natural and safe alternative.

I went to the local store and bought some garlic cloves and cayenne pepper powder. I mixed them with water and gargled about 3 to 4 times a day and sometimes drank the little of the mixture as to get deeper in the back of the throat. Within 1 day, I felt much better and by day 3 and 4, I was feeling SO good. I also had a feeling of hope and happiness at my quest for natural and alternative remedies. Garlic is a powerful antibiotic and cayenne pepper is too but acts as a catalyst.

Now honestly speaking, I have been through many experiences in the past with experimenting with herbal antibiotics and going through my own infectious diseases like strep throat and acne. When working with herbs it is important to go slow and never over do them for long term. They act as medicine and are to be used for short term with some breaks in between.

I uploaded a file on herbal antibiotics, it goes into some plants good for infection, but I will list some herbal antibiotics and one that isn't an herb but a very useful powerful antibiotic...Well I wouldn't call it an antibiotic because it doesn't kill all bacteria but the ones that are malignant and clearly do not belong in our bodies.

-Oregon Grape Root
Very effective
Should not be taken for more than two weeks. Take a week break in between.

-Uva Ursi
Wondeful for bladder infections and urinary tract infections

-Cats Claw bark
My favorite herbal antibiotic and immune stimulator.
From my research in the past, people have seen a dramatic improvement with HIV and other serious infections with this herb. I have used this for many things.

-Astragalus
A mild stimulant but not as strong as cats claw. Good for infections and to be combined with other herbs.

-Coptic and Scute, Chinese herbs that have been shown to work against STDs such as chlamydia

-Goldenseal root
Just as good as Oregon grape Root; Goldenseal root is shown to be in danger because of over harvesting. Oregon grape root is a wonderful alternative.

-Garlic and Cayenne pepper mix.
Good for Mouth and Throat infections

-Tea tree oil and olive oil mix for ear drops and ear infection.

-Coconut oil is very strong anti fungal and antibacterial and immune stimulator. It is also anti parasitic.

-COLLOIDAL SILVER

This is my favorite Antibiotic. I have used this with 100 percent effectiveness.
Silver is a very powerful antibiotic, anti parasitic, anti fungal and anti viral. It kills harmful bacteria by penetrating and starving them. For centuries, silver has always been known to be a powerful anti microbe.

As I have mentioned some days ago in a post. My sisters friend had a urinary tract infection and a STD. She was going through a painful and uncomfortable situation and needed quick relief until she had the time to go to the doctor for a check up and examination. I happened to have some colloidal silver on hand and gave her some. Within 2 days, she started to feel much better. 5 days later, no symptoms or pain but it is always good to keep taking it to ensure the infectious microbe is completely gone.

Colloidal silver is good for ear infections, eye infections, STDs, Herpes, Ebola, MRSA and other infections.

Keep in kind that silver is still a metal and that overuse of colloidal silver can cause a back up of metal in the system but it is generally safe. After two weeks of taking it, give your body a break to get rid of the silver nano particles.

As with all healing and cleansing of the body, it is good to drink much pure water to aid in healing of toxins.
It is common to go through a healing crisis in which it may seem that the problem seems to get worse but this is the bodies way of releasing toxins and the dead bacteria die off.

Vitamin C, Kefir, Kombucha, Yogurt and fermented foods help reinoculate the gut with beneficial bacteria and enzymes. I admit though, there was a time I took some antibiotics before I knew of alternatives but I did eat and drink kefir and fermented foods to make sure I didn't get candida or other digestive problems and that I was putting back the bacteria that was killed by the antibiotic.

Be well.

Aquarius

Re: Antibiotics and some Alternatives

Postby Aquarius » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:21 pm

This is great! I remember when they took my wisdom tooth out I was all against the doctor that told me to take antibiotics and I constantly told him how colloidal silver is much better. Turns out I used antibiotics because I feared infections, lol. But now they are gonna fuck themselves and I'm gonna use the damn colloidal silver haha.
I believe this post should to into Satan's library...
Quando la Dea delle sventure mi abbracciò e spesso minacciò di schiacciarmi, la volontà di resistere crebbe, e infine quella volontà fu vittoriosa.

When the Goddess of trouble embraced me and often threatened to crush me, the will to resist grew, and at last that will was victorious.

Adolf Hitler

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Just FYI..

Coptis is VERY cold in nature and should only be taken with strong heat signs otherwise it may damage the stomach.

Astragalus should be taken with extreme caution in infections of any kind, and only in combination with very strong diaphoretic herbs where there is a vital energy deficiency as astragalus secures the exterior which can act to lock a pathogen inside the body.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:55 pm

Further to HP Shannon's information, here is a post from the Yahoo groups which is related to antibacterial and antiviral herbs:

boost the immune response and the reason for attempting this is very serious.

People do not realise that a lot of very serious diseases (not all, but alot) arise from improperly resolved superficial 'infectious' illnesses which are pushed deeper inside by the use of heavy tonifying foods during their course, poor antibiotic use (over-prescription and non-consumption of the whole course when given), pre-existing deficiency of the body or the improper use of natural products such as lemon which is an astringent food and thus holds and retains pathogens inside the body.

Firstly, one needs to know the nature of the infectious illness, Hot or Cold.

Hot infection will generally include a high fever, still with chills as chills and fever occurring together is the hallmark of a superficial infection but with predominance of fever. There will be green or yellow coloured sputum, likely some sweating, soreness of the throat and a rapid pulse.

Cold infections will generally include more chills than fever, white or clear sputum, a scratchy sensation in the throat and tightness of the neck, nape and other muscle groups. Generally there is no sweating with a cold infection and these are usually felt more strongly than those which are hot. The pulse in a cold infection will feel 'tight'.

Please note either of the types can cause a palpable fever on the skin or a thermometer, it is how the person feels subjectively that I am referring to as hot or cold.

For Hot infections, the herbal remedies are as follows, and one can combine these for a greater effect:

- Mint (steeped in hot water,or at the end after other herbs, do not boil) Bo He
- Mulberry Leaf (boiled for 20 minutes), 5-9 grams Sang Ye
- Chrysanthemum Flower (boiled for 20 minutes, 5-9 grams) - good when there is eye involvement Ju Hua
- Trisocanthes Seeds (boiled for 20 minutes - 5-9 grams) - Resolves phlegm in the lung Gua Lou

Can be used in Hot or Cold infections:

- Kudzu Vine (boiled for 20 minutes, 9 grams) - good for releasing muscle pains Ge Gen
- Fresh Ginger (boiled for 20 minutes, 5-10 slices) - great when there is nausea, vomiting Sheng Jiang
- Platycodon (boiled for 20 minutes, 5-9 grams) - stops coughing Jie Geng

For use in COLD infections only:

- Cinnamon Twigs (boiled for 20 minutes - 9 grams) - good for chest pain during infection Gui Zhi
- Siler/Saposhnikoviae/Ledebouriella (boiled for 20 minutes - 9 grams) Fang Feng
- Japanese Catnip/Schizonepeta (boiled for 20 minutes - 3-10 grams) Jing Jie
- Notopterygium (boiled for 20 minutes - 5-10 grams) - good for pain involved with flu Qiang Huo
- Perilla Leaf (boiled for 20 minutes - 5-10 grams) - Good when there is eye involvement Zi Su Ye

The general idea when taking any combination of the above herbs is to generate a light sweat - one should drink the tea made of one or a group of the above herbs and then cover themselves with a light blanket and get a light (not too heavy) sweat going. If the illness has not resolved after 2 hours, drink the tea and attempt again.

In my experience, very weak pathogens will be very easy to beat using combinations of the above however very strong pathogens (some of which have wound up friends and colleagues bed ridden and off work for days or weeks) may require a few days of boiling the herbs and drinking them, during which time one can function almost as normal.

You can boil the same herbs several times, they do not need to be totally fresh every time with the exception of mint.

As this treatment method involves sweating, it is important to remember that for certain health states this should be applied with caution. Particularly when there is a collection of the following symptoms occurring with a person, the symptoms of Yin or Blood deficiency:

- Night sweating,
- Insomnia,
- Anxiety,
- Thirsty but not interested in drinking,
- hungry but not interested in eating,
- Infrequent, dark yellow urination,
- Constipation due to dryness
- Malar Flushing (redness on the cheekbones but no where else on the face),
- Pale face with no sheen/shine (dry)
- Tired, low energy without respite,
- Dizziness,
- Dry eyes or floaters in the vision,
- Poor short term memory
- Heart palpitations

Any one of the above symptoms in isolation is probably not reason to contraindicate this treatment protocol except for extreme fatigue from which the person gets no relief however any combination of these should be a sign to proceed with great caution.

One can supplement the above herbal therapies with the following to alleviate the drain that sweating places on the body in the case of deficiency:

- White Peony (Boiled with the decoction - 2-5 grams) Bai Shao
- Chinese Red Dates (Boiled with the decoction - 2-3 pieces) Da Zao

One should avoid astringent foods and herbs during the time that they have an infection or supplements which are invigorating as this tends to give the pathogen strength and push it deeper inside:

- Ginseng (Strong tonifiying action)
- Schisandrae (strong astringent action, keeps the pathogen inside the body)
- Heavy Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
- Sour Foods
- Tonic Herbs
- Sweet Foods
- Excessive Eating

Whilst it is true to some degree that strong alcohol might be effective in warming the cold in someone who has a COLD infection, this is likely to produce other bodily toxicities and I do not recommend it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

scorpiorising

Postby scorpiorising » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm

I wanted to bump this up.

Just wanted to add...
Repopulating the guts with fermented foods should be an everyday thing.

Here in my house, we love to drink kefir and eat plain yogurt. The yogurt, I make myself at home. So simple. You can Google or YouTube videos how to make it. It's such a cheap way to repopulate one's gut. Plus, with a bunch of yogurt, you can use it as smoothie base or use it to make dipping sauces or dressings. Doesn't have to be boring. :-D

Νίκος

Postby Νίκος » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:49 am

Very informative topic Hps Shannon thank you very much for this!

But there is something very important that you probably forgot to mention.
As you mentioned an antibiotic kills every bacteria in its way so the same goes for probiotics (Even if they are from pharmacy or from yogurt etc.)So in order to no waken the antibiotic and kill both the probiotics and your gut bacteria it is advisable to wait about 2-3 hours after you take the antibiotic and then take the probiotics.So both the antibiotic will kill the harmful bacteria successfully .Then you can take your probiotics.
Keep in mind that this knowledge is coming from my doctor and biology teacher and from personal research so it is accurate.

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:01 pm

Νίκος wrote:Very informative topic Hps Shannon thank you very much for this!

As you mentioned an antibiotic kills every bacteria in its way so the same goes for probiotics (Even if they are from pharmacy or from yogurt etc.)So in order to no waken the antibiotic and kill both the probiotics and your gut bacteria it is advisable to wait about 2-3 hours after you take the antibiotic and then take the probiotics.So both the antibiotic will kill the harmful bacteria successfully .Then you can take your probiotics.
Keep in mind that this knowledge is coming from my doctor and biology teacher and from personal research so it is accurate.

This seems good knowledge but keep in mind that doctors arent always right.
Quando la Dea delle sventure mi abbracciò e spesso minacciò di schiacciarmi, la volontà di resistere crebbe, e infine quella volontà fu vittoriosa.

When the Goddess of trouble embraced me and often threatened to crush me, the will to resist grew, and at last that will was victorious.

Adolf Hitler

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:28 pm

Aquarius wrote:

No, he is right. Its best to space antibiotic usage and probiotic ingestion so as to not kill off the beneficials.

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:52 pm

HPS Shannon wrote:
Aquarius wrote:

No, he is right. Its best to space antibiotic usage and probiotic ingestion so as to not kill off the beneficials.
Yep that's why I said this is good knowledge:) just wanted to point out that even if someone is a doc he's not always right.

Adolf Hitler

HPS Shannon

Postby HPS Shannon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:05 pm

Aquarius wrote:
HPS Shannon wrote:
Aquarius wrote:This seems good knowledge but keep in mind that doctors arent always right.

Yep that's why I said this is good knowledge:) just wanted to point out that even if someone is a doc he's not always right.

I know, I was just clarifying in that case just in case there was any doubt surrounding that fact that he presented, since you said the word "seem"

:)