Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Is Green gram (Vigna radiata) safe?

Shael

I am looking into interesting new stuff I could implement into my diet. I came across a mung bean variety called "green gram".

After some research it mostly seems to be healthy, but one site mentioned that it is "especially good for women", because it has thiamin, riboflavin, and fiolate contained in it.
Now, I have essentially 0 knowledge about any of this stuff, so I do not know if these things would be healthy for regular consumption by males as well. I'm thinking mainly of the example of soy here, which has been said to be dangerous because it leads to the production of more female hormones or something.

I know this probably sounds pretty stupid to those of you who are expereinced in this field, but does green gram have any dangers similarly to soy that I should be aware of? I just want to make sure it is safe to eat regularly, so that I do not cause harm to my body.

Ol argedco luciftias said:
This has nothing to do with your question, but I wanted to tell you Shael you're the best :)
Awwww thank you, brother. I hope you are doing well. :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back