Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.
Black Matabele
Posts: 28

Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Black Matabele » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:47 am

Help how do I gain weight or hv muscle, I wnt to hv a fit body, I hv been losing weight these past years, n I thought it was because of stress n depression. Any workout tht can help gain weight or body fitness (muscle)

Aquarius
Posts: 3610

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Aquarius » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Quando la Dea delle sventure mi abbracciò e spesso minacciò di schiacciarmi, la volontà di resistere crebbe, e infine quella volontà fu vittoriosa.

When the Goddess of trouble embraced me and often threatened to crush me, the will to resist grew, and at last that will was victorious.

Adolf Hitler

Shael
Posts: 1878

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Shael » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Black Matabele wrote:Help how do I gain weight or hv muscle, I wnt to hv a fit body, I hv been losing weight these past years, n I thought it was because of stress n depression. Any workout tht can help gain weight or body fitness (muscle)
Eat more.
'Do not do anything useless.'
-Miyamoto Musashi

LOOKING FOR INFO ON SOMETHING?
1) DOWNLOAD JOS ENCYCLOPEDIA HERE
2) OPEN IN PDF READER
3) SEARCH FOR YOUR KEYWORD

ALSO USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OF OUR FORUMS FOR ADDITIONAL INFO!!!


Hail Satan Forever!

User avatar
Lydia
Posts: 1008
Location: Satan's Earth
Contact:

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Lydia » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Increase your caloric intake, and you can try the Jupiter square, as it helps to gain weight. However, many people have reported a side effect of the Jupiter square: an increased sweet tooth. Program it to help you gain weight in a healthy and beneficial way for you.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfir ... quare.html

Black Matabele
Posts: 28

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Black Matabele » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:00 am

Lydia wrote:Increase your caloric intake, and you can try the Jupiter square, as it helps to gain weight. However, many people have reported a side effect of the Jupiter square: an increased sweet tooth. Program it to help you gain weight in a healthy and beneficial way for you.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfir ... quare.html
Thnks

luis
Posts: 2384

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby luis » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:03 pm

Black Matabele wrote:
Lydia wrote:Increase your caloric intake, and you can try the Jupiter square, as it helps to gain weight. However, many people have reported a side effect of the Jupiter square: an increased sweet tooth. Program it to help you gain weight in a healthy and beneficial way for you.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfir ... quare.html
Thnks

From experience, the Jupiter square worked for me :)

Eric13
Posts: 481

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Eric13 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:45 am

Black Matabele wrote:Help how do I gain weight or hv muscle, I wnt to hv a fit body, I hv been losing weight these past years, n I thought it was because of stress n depression. Any workout tht can help gain weight or body fitness (muscle)


If gaining muscle is your goal a calorie surplus isn’t necessary if you’re skinny and new to training. The problem is even with the most scrupulous diet planning, a calorie surplus will cause fat gain. And those new to training don’t need it. You’ll gain muscle even at a calorie deficit. New trainees can lose fat and gain muscle. What’s needed is an appropriate training program and your diet needs some attention. Your body will put on muscle if you train and have positive nitrogen balance. I.e. adequate protein intake. There’s wild variations in suggestions with protein intake, some saying as high as a gram per pound of body weight. I find not that much is needed, but we’re all different. For the first two years or so you don’t have to worry about ‘bulking’.

More specific advice would be create a balanced strength training program, hit all your muscle groups, take time to recover and don’t over train. Studies show after 20 sets of a muscle group per week, you won’t see further gains and in fact increase the likelihood of injury. On YouTube many people have programs or specific advice you can find for smart training. Just remember, the hour or so you do in the gym is only part of the battle. The 23 hours outside of it make the bigger difference. Diet choice, sleep, etc.

User avatar
DSB
Posts: 44
Location: In your screen

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby DSB » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 am

Eric13 wrote:
Black Matabele wrote:Help how do I gain weight or hv muscle, I wnt to hv a fit body, I hv been losing weight these past years, n I thought it was because of stress n depression. Any workout tht can help gain weight or body fitness (muscle)


If gaining muscle is your goal a calorie surplus isn’t necessary if you’re skinny and new to training.

Mate, especially when he is new he should strive for a small calorie surplus intake, he will only burn fat which will fool him and maybe you into thinking he has build muscles, when he has not. He only burned fat and looks more defined. He has even lost weight and didn't gain weight, what he wants.
Eric13 wrote:IThe problem is even with the most scrupulous diet planning, a calorie surplus will cause fat gain. And those new to training don’t need it.You’ll gain muscle even at a calorie deficit. New trainees can lose fat and gain muscle.

See above. What you're talking about with beginners gaining muscle anyway no matter the calorie intake has almost no resemblance to reality. Don't even try to teach him this or it will get stuck in his head because he doesn't know better. You need a calorie surplus to build MUSCLE. You are thinking he has build muscles only because he lost fat/used his muscles four times. That's wrong and not what he asked for aswell.

He needs to have a look at which food has how much nutritional values and get a "feel" for it, which requires a few months to learn properly. Only then he can judge how much he needs to eat to create a small surplus. Avoid sugar in food and drinks as much as possible.
Safe the planet today by showing someone this little trick:
bitchute.com/channel/TruthEternal
Image

Eric13
Posts: 481

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Eric13 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:10 pm

DSB wrote:
Eric13 wrote:
Black Matabele wrote:Help how do I gain weight or hv muscle, I wnt to hv a fit body, I hv been losing weight these past years, n I thought it was because of stress n depression. Any workout tht can help gain weight or body fitness (muscle)


If gaining muscle is your goal a calorie surplus isn’t necessary if you’re skinny and new to training.

Mate, especially when he is new he should strive for a small calorie surplus intake, he will only burn fat which will fool him and maybe you into thinking he has build muscles, when he has not. He only burned fat and looks more defined. He has even lost weight and didn't gain weight, what he wants.
Eric13 wrote:IThe problem is even with the most scrupulous diet planning, a calorie surplus will cause fat gain. And those new to training don’t need it.You’ll gain muscle even at a calorie deficit. New trainees can lose fat and gain muscle.

See above. What you're talking about with beginners gaining muscle anyway no matter the calorie intake has almost no resemblance to reality. Don't even try to teach him this or it will get stuck in his head because he doesn't know better. You need a calorie surplus to build MUSCLE. You are thinking he has build muscles only because he lost fat/used his muscles four times. That's wrong and not what he asked for aswell.

He needs to have a look at which food has how much nutritional values and get a "feel" for it, which requires a few months to learn properly. Only then he can judge how much he needs to eat to create a small surplus. Avoid sugar in food and drinks as much as possible.


Dead wrong, cause I’ve done it myself. Do you know how the body builds muscle?? Has nothing to do with calories. As he builds muscle however his calorie needs will increase. And he’ll need more to prevent muscle loss.

He’s trying to gain weight so a calorie deficit isn’t necessary. I said that cause it’s possible to lose fat and build muscle contrary to popular belief. But for him he just needs the calories to maintain. With proper protein intake, sleep, etc., he will gain muscle. That’s how it works. If there’s is a deficit and he’s training the body will prioritize fat burning over muscle for the most part. Like I said though if his intake is maintenance level he’ll be fine either way. So no I advice to not be at a calorie surplus, ESPECIALLY in the beginning. Unless his fat levels are too low. Then it’s okay. Do some reading. Learn about the body before an asinine post.

I learned the hard way and when I trained in the beginning I was at a surplus and gained fat. Then I went to a deficit and corrected my diet and lost the fat and continued to gain muscle. As has others I know of cause it’s basic science.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:11 pm

You may want to increase muscle mass, not weight in general as that includes extra fat, which is unneeded and ugly.

Like other suggested, a proper nutrition plan helos with that. Be sure to include 1-1.5g of protein per kg of bodyweight. Any more tham that is unnecessary, impossible to get without supplements (unless you want to greatly increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases) and detrimental to your digestive system and your kidneys in the long run.

Other than that, you need to start a training plan too. If you're looking for a personal trainer, be sure they have qualifications in body physical therapy and the discipline you want to use for gain muscles (the best being calisthenics, gymnastics and tacfit are the skills developed through them fully convert to both daily, sports and occupational needs, unlike what you "gain" from weight-lifting and cross-shit, which are only semi-portable, and what you "gain" from bodybuilding which is completely useless).
If you don't want to pay someone for individual training, make a research for training plans on Internet and be sure to make a background search into those who have made those plans. Both free and paid-for programmes are available on the web. Again, you need some who is expert in both physical therapy and the discipline you want to use for your gains. Why am I repeating that? Because people who are not physical therapists will only destroy your body over time and shorten your life span this way. A physical therapists knows how the body work and how to benefit you, instead of doing needless damage. An example of this is Daniel Vadnal, who has a 8 year background in physical therapy and several years in calisthenics. I'm sure there are other competent people with a comparable background in both the same and other disciplines. Once upon a time, it was very common for all coaches to be experienced in bodywork and fuction, now it's very few and most of them train athletes for the Olympics, rather than babysitting so-called "trainers" with 6-month certifications in a "gym" setting.

For the spiritual side, I'm sure Lydia already has got you covered. Mars can also help, in my opinion, as can these runes: Ur and Jera. You can also do a working to increase your natural testosterone and androstenol production, as well as DHEA and HGH.

Best of luck.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

SATchives
Posts: 329

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby SATchives » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:44 am

Dont forget to focus ligament strength first before building to much muscle and going to heavy.


I recommend this

a diet of [carbs = c protein = p] carbs can be potatoes or veggies. I like yams a lot they are very good. Chicken is great protein eggs.


Do this ratio 1 day 2c/1p and the next day 2p/1c alternate eat 4 - 6 meals a day or more. 1-2 light snacks (all depends on each person individually) All meal portions the size of your palm.(meaning 2p is two handfuls of protein. 2c is two handfuls of carbs and 1 is obviously 1 palmsize portion) Eat clean. Little seasoning. Some but not a lot.

Group your muscles into 3 groups

day 1 chest triceps and forearms(gripstrength) (and neck if you want)

day2 back biceps and shoulders(or place neck here no need to work out neck if you dont want to be extremely careful if you do. Diligent research reps dont apply to neck.)

Day 3 legs calfs and abs (you can do cardio now or on rest day)[generally abs can take higher reps and more weight at at a certain point you can do abs everyday they heal fast]

Day 4 rest

Then repeat

1

2

3

Rest again if you want. Eventually you will be able to go everyday. Like this


This will be a full week. You will have hit all muscle groups twice

Make sure you sleep 8 hours if doing this, and eating is very important.

Most important part I think is reps.

****all reps last rep you want to barely be able to lift. I.e to failure.****

Start at 20 reps whatever weight to 20 reps till failure. **high reps are important This is NOT to build muscle but ligament strength. IMO even more important that muscle. It holds everything together. Do this you'll never snap shit**

Start out 6 weeks 20 reps

Then 6 weeks 18 reps.

6 weeks 16

14

12

10

8

6

You can go go as low as 4 but I wouldn't do 4 for 6 weeks maybe one two or three weeks max. as these are very heavy heavy loads.

Then guess what?

Start at 21 reps for 6 weeks.

19

17

And so on.

This is the ultimate workout. You can do this for the rest of your life.

Switch up excercises every so often but still focus same muscle group

I like free weights some.weeks then machines some weeks or cables sometimes i do a mixture of both. I also experiment with different workout I see on youtube.

Listen to your body

I'm getting there multitudes stronger and bigger than I ever was. One day soon I'll be like Goku


Do this is you want true strength.

Dont forget to add in cardio.

The best cardio in my opinion is swimming, jump rope wrestling and shadow boxing / bag work. Yoga I love yoga never neglect yoga because tou are sure yoga will help the soreness

Eating is just as important as the excersize technique. Dont rush results. And be safe. I'll make a complete guide on this method in the future I left out a lot but this is the gist of it

But anyone can do this it only takes 30 minutes if you put your mind to it to work out these muscle groups per day.

User avatar
DSB
Posts: 44
Location: In your screen

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby DSB » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:19 am

Eric13 wrote:Do you know how the body builds muscle??

Yes.
Eric13 wrote:Has nothing to do with calories.

Are you sure you wanted to write this out on a open forum? What does protein deliver in the end along with fat and carbohydrates? ENERGY. And how is ENERGY measured in terms of nutrition? IN CALORIES. To build something you need a surplus of ENERGY preferably protein in this case because he specifically stated he wants to gain weight in muscles. You can't build a house without bricks and wood, it's quite simple.

Eric13 wrote:He’s trying to gain weight so a calorie deficit isn’t necessary.

What? You don't have your words right. I've never said you need a calorie deficit to gain weight, how stupid would that be, it's you promoting it. He's trying to gain weight so he needs a small calorie surplus to gain weight in a clean way over a longer period of time. And no I never said he needs like 500+ calories surplus per day to gain muscle. Just making sure before you trying to put this into my mouth.

Eric13 wrote:I said that cause it’s possible to lose fat and build muscle contrary to popular belief.

Wow, in the first 4 weeks of his training and then he will hit a barrier because of malnutrition and someone told him to don't eat "too much". Great.

Eric13 wrote:But for him he just needs the calories to maintain. With proper protein intake, sleep, etc., he will gain muscle. If there’s is a deficit and he’s training the body will prioritize fat burning over muscle for the most part.

Thank you for admitting that I'm right. This is literally what I said in the initial post. He only burns the fat which he has, looking better and thinking he has BUILD MUSCLE when he only activated them and got leaner. And you fell for it too.

Eric13 wrote:I learned the hard way and when I trained in the beginning I was at a surplus and gained fat.

Whos fault was that? Yours?

Eric13 wrote:That’s how it works.

Because you SAY something works a certain way it MUST be working this way. This is how you think.
Eric13 wrote:Do some reading. Learn about the body before an asinine post.

Lmao. Please stop. You took over my point of view but tried to portray it as you had now somehow disarmed my arguments. He's NOT building muscle when he only burns his fat which he initially had, he is more lean but didn't BUILD MUSCLE MASS. But this is what he wants because he wants to gain clean weight.

Eric13 wrote:Dead wrong, cause I’ve done it myself.

Eric13: "but we’re all different."
Also Eric13: "Dead wrong, cause I’ve done it myself."
Safe the planet today by showing someone this little trick:
bitchute.com/channel/TruthEternal
Image

Eric13
Posts: 481

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Eric13 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:34 pm

DSB wrote:
Eric13 wrote:Do you know how the body builds muscle??

Yes.
Eric13 wrote:Has nothing to do with calories.

Are you sure you wanted to write this out on a open forum? What does protein deliver in the end along with fat and carbohydrates? ENERGY. And how is ENERGY measured in terms of nutrition? IN CALORIES. To build something you need a surplus of ENERGY preferably protein in this case because he specifically stated he wants to gain weight in muscles. You can't build a house without bricks and wood, it's quite simple.

Eric13 wrote:He’s trying to gain weight so a calorie deficit isn’t necessary.

What? You don't have your words right. I've never said you need a calorie deficit to gain weight, how stupid would that be, it's you promoting it. He's trying to gain weight so he needs a small calorie surplus to gain weight in a clean way over a longer period of time. And no I never said he needs like 500+ calories surplus per day to gain muscle. Just making sure before you trying to put this into my mouth.

Eric13 wrote:I said that cause it’s possible to lose fat and build muscle contrary to popular belief.

Wow, in the first 4 weeks of his training and then he will hit a barrier because of malnutrition and someone told him to don't eat "too much". Great.

Eric13 wrote:But for him he just needs the calories to maintain. With proper protein intake, sleep, etc., he will gain muscle. If there’s is a deficit and he’s training the body will prioritize fat burning over muscle for the most part.

Thank you for admitting that I'm right. This is literally what I said in the initial post. He only burns the fat which he has, looking better and thinking he has BUILD MUSCLE when he only activated them and got leaner. And you fell for it too.

Eric13 wrote:I learned the hard way and when I trained in the beginning I was at a surplus and gained fat.

Whos fault was that? Yours?

Eric13 wrote:That’s how it works.

Because you SAY something works a certain way it MUST be working this way. This is how you think.
Eric13 wrote:Do some reading. Learn about the body before an asinine post.

Lmao. Please stop. You took over my point of view but tried to portray it as you had now somehow disarmed my arguments. He's NOT building muscle when he only burns his fat which he initially had, he is more lean but didn't BUILD MUSCLE MASS. But this is what he wants because he wants to gain clean weight.

Eric13 wrote:Dead wrong, cause I’ve done it myself.

Eric13: "but we’re all different."
Also Eric13: "Dead wrong, cause I’ve done it myself."


Bro, are you serious with half the stuff you just said? I don’t even know how to take you serious. The body needs positive nitrogen balance to build muscle. This is fact. Yes, that means protein intake, which yes, is calories, but it’s not the calories themselves that build the muscle or according to your argument, I could eat all carbs and fat, work out and build muscle. The calories don’t matter because calories in and out regulate fat storage and burning. If he wants a clean weight gain as you said then what the fuck are you talking about advising him to be at a calorie surplus? That’s not a clean gain. He’ll gain fat that’s what happens with a calorie surplus. Common fuckin knowledge.

Once again, man. POSITIVE NITROGEN BALANCE. Positive nitrogen balance. Positive nitrogen balance. Protein, protein. Effective safe workout, sleep. These build muscle. The muscle requires energy, calories. Yes, but not a surplus of calories. That makes no sense. Don’t know how else to explain it to you.

I’m really done with this conversation. You claim I’m spreading misinformation whilst you do it yourself.

And when I said we’re all different. I meant our nutritional needs. Not basic body chemistry. Don’t twist my words.

Please don’t respond to me cause I won’t reply back. This stupidity is giving me a headache.

But to leave you and anyone reading at least a little more evidence to back my claims. Here’s this. I don’t have time to dig more evidence. But it’s all out there. Search.

https://youtu.be/Fv5xEYhvj4Q

Knock it off with this silliness. People out there trying to gain muscle and ONLY muscle. Just eat a maintenance level of calories. No more, no less. Want to lose fat and gain muscle? You need calorie deficit, but maintain adequate protein intake. And keep the deficit slight to prevent losing the muscle you build.

User avatar
DSB
Posts: 44
Location: In your screen

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby DSB » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:38 am

Eric13 wrote:Bro, are you serious with half the stuff you just said? I don’t even know how to take you serious.

Why shouldn't I be serious? I'm not the one making false claims to a beginner. Is this your intro into a half assed "ridicule" attempt? And why do I get the picture of a stereotypical gym bro bullshitter in my head when you start off calling me "Bro"?

Eric13 wrote:The body needs positive nitrogen balance to build muscle.

Wait, stop right here. Let all this positive nitrogen whatever talk out. 1) I've never engaged in it, that's why you can't quote me on it, it was always about YOUR claim "you can build muscle even with a calorie deficit". 2) The OP probably is a beginner/not knowledgeable enough to put your "nitrogen" talk to use, who is stupid here? He has to go step by step and learn some basic nutrition values and how the food interacts with his body atleast in a basic way.

Eric13 wrote:Yes, that means protein intake, which yes, is calories, but it’s not the calories themselves that build the muscle or according to your argument, I could eat all carbs and fat, work out and build muscle.

Nice strawman. You create "arguments" yourself, put them into my mouth and at the same time try to disarm them to distract from you being wrong. My only ever "argument" was: pointing out that you're lying when you say: "you can build muscle even at a calorie deficit". No you can't. You come here and talk to him with your positive nitrogen whatever and reject the basics.

Eric13 wrote:If he wants a clean weight gain as you said then what the fuck are you talking about advising him to be at a calorie surplus? That’s not a clean gain. He’ll gain fat that’s what happens with a calorie surplus. Common fuckin knowledge.

What the fuck are YOU advising him? Before he eats something, put everything on a scale, portion it to 110 grams instead of 107.687 so in the end he consumes 422 instead of 413 kilo calories? As a beginner not even knowing about basics of nutrition and excercise? Not even talking about that the "maintenance" level you speak of varies aswell and isn't always 2486 kilo calories on a day? Then evern further not talking about that he can't judge this anyway? So isn't it better, especially for a beginner to just say: read into the basics of nutrional values, excercise and stay on a small surplus? So what the fuck are YOU advising him with your "positive nitrogen balance? Lmao.

Eric13 wrote:Once again, man. POSITIVE NITROGEN BALANCE. Positive nitrogen balance. Positive nitrogen balance.

Just letting this here.

Eric13 wrote:Protein, protein. Effective safe workout, sleep. These build muscle. The muscle requires energy, calories. Yes,

Why do you write this as If I did say that this isn't the way to go? And more interestingly, why are you now interested in the basics of building muscles? Does it now fit into your "ridicule" attempt?

Eric13 wrote:You claim I’m spreading misinformation whilst you do it yourself.

Where did I spread misinformation? You can't quote me on that right? When I pointed the finger at you for saying: "you can build muscles with a calorie deficit"?

Eric13 wrote:Don’t twist my words. ... This stupidity is giving me a headache. ... Knock it off with this silliness.

Letting this here aswell.

Eric13 wrote:Please don’t respond to me cause I won’t reply back.

That's in your own interest.

Eric13 wrote:People out there trying to gain muscle and ONLY muscle. Just eat a maintenance level of calories. No more, no less. Want to lose fat and gain muscle? You need calorie deficit, but maintain adequate protein intake. And keep the deficit slight to prevent losing the muscle you build.

Good idea, give a beginner this advice who doesn't even know what kind of food has which carbohydrates, fat and protein composition. And it's not even right what you say, even if he would hit the right spot in terms of "adequate protein intake" and the other two variables being in the right spot to, then this isn't a calorie deficit, like you initially claimed, but a perfect maintenance level (which you CAN'T hit to the 10 decimal place). Nice projections by the way.
Safe the planet today by showing someone this little trick:
bitchute.com/channel/TruthEternal
Image

User avatar
DSB
Posts: 44
Location: In your screen

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby DSB » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:59 am

Eric13 wrote:Bro, are you serious with half the stuff you just said? I don’t even know how to take you serious.

Why shouldn't I be serious? I'm not the one making false claims to a beginner. Is this your intro into a half assed "ridicule" attempt? And why do I get the picture of a stereotypical gym bro bullshitter in my head when you start off calling me "Bro"?

Eric13 wrote:The body needs positive nitrogen balance to build muscle.

Wait, wait, stop right here. Let all this positive nitrogen whatever talk out. I've never engaged in it, that's why you can't quote me on it, it was always about YOUR claim "you can build muscle even with a calorie deficit". Is it to make you sound exceptionally intellectual? He has to go step by step and learn some basic nutrition values and how the food interacts with his body atleast in a basic way.

Eric13 wrote:Yes, that means protein intake, which yes, is calories, but it’s not the calories themselves that build the muscle or according to your argument, I could eat all carbs and fat, work out and build muscle.

Nice strawman. You create "arguments" yourself, put them into my mouth and at the same time try to disarm them to give yourself "credibility". My only ever "argument" was: pointing out that you're lying when you say: "you can build muscle even at a calorie deficit". No you can't. You come here and claim otherwise.

Eric13 wrote:If he wants a clean weight gain as you said then what the fuck are you talking about advising him to be at a calorie surplus? That’s not a clean gain. He’ll gain fat that’s what happens with a calorie surplus. Common fuckin knowledge.

What the fuck are YOU advising him? Before he eats something, put everything on a scale, portion it to 110 grams instead of 107.687 so in the end he consumes 422 instead of 413 kilo calories? As a beginner not even knowing about basics of nutrition and excercise? Not even talking about that the "maintenance" level you speak of varies aswell and isn't always 2486 kilo calories on a day? Then evern further not talking about that he can't judge this anyway? So isn't it better, especially for a beginner to just say: read into the basics of nutrional values, excercise and stay on a small surplus? So what the fuck are YOU advising him?

Eric13 wrote:Once again, man. POSITIVE NITROGEN BALANCE. Positive nitrogen balance. Positive nitrogen balance.

Bodybuilding new ager? Build muscle on a calorie deficit? Proteins are not counted as calories anymore?

Eric13 wrote:Protein, protein. Effective safe workout, sleep. These build muscle. The muscle requires energy, calories. Yes,

Why do you write this as If I did say that this isn't the way to go? And more interestingly, why are you now interested in the basics of building muscles? Does it now fit into your "ridicule" attempt?

Eric13 wrote:You claim I’m spreading misinformation whilst you do it yourself.

Where did I spread misinformation? You can't quote me on that yes? When I pointed the finger at you for saying: "you can build muscles with a calorie deficit"?

Eric13 wrote:Don’t twist my words. ... This stupidity is giving me a headache. ... Knock it off with this silliness.

Projection is the business of the Jew. Letting you know.

Eric13 wrote:Please don’t respond to me cause I won’t reply back.

That's in your own interest.

Eric13 wrote:People out there trying to gain muscle and ONLY muscle. Just eat a maintenance level of calories. No more, no less. Want to lose fat and gain muscle? You need calorie deficit, but maintain adequate protein intake. And keep the deficit slight to prevent losing the muscle you build.

Good idea, give a beginner this advice who doesn't even know what kind of food has which carbohydrates, fat and protein composition. And it's not even right what you say, even if he would hit the right spot in terms of "adequate protein intake" and the other two variables being in the right spot aswell, then this isn't a calorie deficit, like you initially claimed, but a perfect maintenance level, which you CAN'T hit exactly to the 10th decimal place, it's not possible.
Safe the planet today by showing someone this little trick:
bitchute.com/channel/TruthEternal
Image

Eric13
Posts: 481

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Eric13 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:05 pm

This convo is going no where. I’ve said my piece. And I care about the health of those taking my or anyone’s advise on the forums that’s why I’ve vehemently defended my points. I’ve explained, and it’s not complicated for a beginner to understand. It’s not the end of the world. Just eat a maintenance level of calories. Of course you can’t get it perfect, but generally aim, and it’ll work. You don’t need a surplus or deficit. When I mentioned deficit. I was just saying it’s possible. And yes it is possible. It’s the ‘bros’ who don’t believe it’s possible. I’ve done it and others I know have as well. I provided a video explaining the science of it.

I didn’t like the condescending nature of your first reply so I came back hard and insulting. But honestly, the people who care about this thread at this point, make up your own mind I guess cause clearly you’re stuck in your opinion.

If you want to gain muscle either do as DSB says, Eat a bunch of calories, gain fat cause that’s what excess calories does, and then work overtime to lose it (extra unnecessary work) or don’t do that, and eat normally with sufficient amounts of protein and just make good clean gainz. The choice is yours. Go to any gym in the world talk to a trainer and they’ll tell a basic fact. New trainees have the easiest time making gains over any other people, during the first year or two. A calorie surplus just isn’t needed during this stage. And it’s not rocket science to understand. A newbie can get it.

User avatar
DSB
Posts: 44
Location: In your screen

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby DSB » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:33 am

It's getting more hilarious. What is your: "Please don't reply to me because I won't respond anyway because you are below me" trash talk about? You come back anyway with no credibility and now appeal to the emotions of everyone when it is already clear that you lied. You even silently backpaddled from calling it a "calorie deficit" to a "maintenance level" because you knew you made a false statement. But instead of admitting you come back and try in an emotional way to paint ME as the idiot and "bad guy" when it is YOU.

I wish you never replied after my first post and just fucking admitted it deep inside, now I see you're just an judaized idiot. You're argumenting exactly like a Jew when I point him out lying and explaining why. You made a false claim and I rightfully pointed it out, you coming back throwing insults, getting emotional or appealing to emotions, putting words in my mouth just made it worse for you. You're not a genius just because you have a higher IQ than literal retards, I have a strong feeling you think you are somehow super smart but you aren't.
Safe the planet today by showing someone this little trick:
bitchute.com/channel/TruthEternal
Image

Ol argedco luciftias
Posts: 2839
Location: Duat, Orion

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Just eat healthy food and you can basically forget about calories. An average amount of good healthy food with good nutrients is so much better than a small amount of shit food. It isn't just about eating less, it's about eating better. Look in the ingredients and don't eat poison. And with healthy food you'll feel full longer, with the shit food you'll just be hungry again. Because there's a lot of calories and poison things, but no nutrients so your body is still starving for the nutrients so you'll always be hungry no matter how much you eat.

About 3 years ago, I lost 40 pounds of fat in like 3.5 months. Now I just eat whatever I want and as much as I want, and I didn't gain any of the fat back because now I just want to eat healthy food. No poison ingredients.

And the guy who was saying that you have to starve yourself to gain muscle and not get fat, and was yelling at the other guy, and now is strangely pretending like he didn't just write 5 comments telling you to starve yourself. Don't listen to him, he's a jackass. You need to be eating more calories than you are using up. So you have extra building material to use to build the muscle with. But you have to be eating healthy food. When you are starving, the body doesn't only burn fat. It likes to burn muscle even more than it likes to burn the fat. So if you starve yourself you probably just stay fat but lose even more muscle.

Eat a good balance of different nutrients, not just a lot of 1 thing. Eat whatever you feel like your body wants to eat, because that usually means your body needs the specific nutrient that's in there. This is all you have to do to be healthy, it isn't complicated like a lot of people act like.

Eric13
Posts: 481

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Eric13 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:13 pm

I never back peddled from the calorie deficit. I’m trying not to get angry but you’re not reading what I wrote. Everything you’re accusing me of is exactly what you’re doing.

And no ol argedeco I never said you have to starve yourself. Where are you guys getting this? I said it was possible to lose fat and gain muscle. I provided a some evidence too. I never said to gain muscle you NEED to be at a calorie deficit. I just said it was possible. Especially with new trainees. The reason I made this point was to illustrate and highlight the fact that a calorie surplus wasn’t necessary for muscle gains. Which is 100% true.

The problem is the fitness industry is filled with misinformation. The whole ‘calorie surplus is needed to make gains’ is untrue. I know personally and working with others in the gym who have done it as well. As well as studying up on research to back it up, of which there is plenty out there. And I will provide more.

It feels so strange having this argument because Ive worked with trainers and other experienced professionals. This isn’t even debate when we talk about this because they’ve worked with hundreds of clients including myself who’ve lost fat and put on muscle. So this is bizarre to me having this convo. It’s like someone arguing with me that the color red isn’t red. It feels strange. Like I’m in a dream. And then I get called an jackass and jew for trying to correct misinfo. And told I’m spreading misinfo. Look at the hostility from DSB’s posts. And I’m the jackass? The guys relentlessly holding down his point with no evidence. Then questions my intelligence as I sit there and make explanations for my claims.

The body is designed to prioritize fat burning over muscle when at a deficit. Depending on how dramatic a deficit, it may begin to burn muscle that isn’t being used often, so a dramatic deficit could be counterproductive, true, but not because it isn’t possible but because the muscle you build will then possibly be burnt. So to be extra clear here. To lose fat with a deficit, the deficit should ideally be small. Like 500 calories or less. With proper protein intake, you lose fat and gain muscle.

A new trainee, with goals of just putting on muscle will be making a mistake being at a surplus unless there aim is to get as big as possible as fast as possible for some type of athletic competition. For the average joe a surplus simply isn’t necessary cause you will gain fat doing this. And then you have to go out of your way to put extra work into losing the fat you gained because you were at a surplus. Work that could be put towards making more muscular gains instead. A surplus can be useful once you hit the notorious ‘wall’ during training where your gains stop after 2-3 years. Then it’s your only option. But the OP who I initially advised, isn’t in that position so I gave him a recommendation for his situation. Which is to shoot for maintenance level calorie intake while getting enough protein. I may not be the best at explaining but that’s as I good as I can do. To build muscle you need progressive overload, SUFFICIENT protein and calories. Notice I say sufficient, not surplus.

Here’s someone doing the explaining a little better than me. https://youtu.be/wkBtHOBmpb0 he does explain in the video that he recommends a surplus for experienced trainees who want fast gains and to just accept the fat gain for what it is. Fine enough advice as long as the person accepts they’re going to gain fat. Otherwise he shows and proves every point I made.

Guys just remember before you come back to insult me. All along I’ve been providing explanations for my points and providing evidence and am doing so once again. I understand full well this is controversial because you see in the fitness industry people making claims against this just as they make all kinds of strange claims. What I’m explaining is backed by science.

Ol argedco luciftias
Posts: 2839
Location: Duat, Orion

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Eric13 wrote:I never back peddled from the calorie deficit. I’m trying not to get angry but you’re not reading what I wrote. Everything you’re accusing me of is exactly what you’re doing.

And no ol argedeco I never said you have to starve yourself. Where are you guys getting this? I said it was possible to lose fat and gain muscle. I provided a some evidence too. I never said to gain muscle you NEED to be at a calorie deficit. I just said it was possible. Especially with new trainees. The reason I made this point was to illustrate and highlight the fact that a calorie surplus wasn’t necessary for muscle gains. Which is 100% true.

The problem is the fitness industry is filled with misinformation. The whole ‘calorie surplus is needed to make gains’ is untrue. I know personally and working with others in the gym who have done it as well. As well as studying up on research to back it up, of which there is plenty out there. And I will provide more.

It feels so strange having this argument because Ive worked with trainers and other experienced professionals. This isn’t even debate when we talk about this because they’ve worked with hundreds of clients including myself who’ve lost fat and put on muscle. So this is bizarre to me having this convo. It’s like someone arguing with me that the color red isn’t red. It feels strange. Like I’m in a dream. And then I get called an jackass and jew for trying to correct misinfo. And told I’m spreading misinfo. Look at the hostility from DSB’s posts. And I’m the jackass? The guys relentlessly holding down his point with no evidence. Then questions my intelligence as I sit there and make explanations for my claims.

The body is designed to prioritize fat burning over muscle when at a deficit. Depending on how dramatic a deficit, it may begin to burn muscle that isn’t being used often, so a dramatic deficit could be counterproductive, true, but not because it isn’t possible but because the muscle you build will then possibly be burnt. So to be extra clear here. To lose fat with a deficit, the deficit should ideally be small. Like 500 calories or less. With proper protein intake, you lose fat and gain muscle.

A new trainee, with goals of just putting on muscle will be making a mistake being at a surplus unless there aim is to get as big as possible as fast as possible for some type of athletic competition. For the average joe a surplus simply isn’t necessary cause you will gain fat doing this. And then you have to go out of your way to put extra work into losing the fat you gained because you were at a surplus. Work that could be put towards making more muscular gains instead. A surplus can be useful once you hit the notorious ‘wall’ during training where your gains stop after 2-3 years. Then it’s your only option. But the OP who I initially advised, isn’t in that position so I gave him a recommendation for his situation. Which is to shoot for maintenance level calorie intake while getting enough protein. I may not be the best at explaining but that’s as I good as I can do. To build muscle you need progressive overload, SUFFICIENT protein and calories. Notice I say sufficient, not surplus.

Here’s someone doing the explaining a little better than me. https://youtu.be/wkBtHOBmpb0 he does explain in the video that he recommends a surplus for experienced trainees who want fast gains and to just accept the fat gain for what it is. Fine enough advice as long as the person accepts they’re going to gain fat. Otherwise he shows and proves every point I made.

Guys just remember before you come back to insult me. All along I’ve been providing explanations for my points and providing evidence and am doing so once again. I understand full well this is controversial because you see in the fitness industry people making claims against this just as they make all kinds of strange claims. What I’m explaining is backed by science.

Thank you for explaining it like that, it makes a lot more sense now. You say you should eat about 500 calories less than you use. I'm not really against that at a scientific level, maybe that is true, but the idea of it still sounds like bullshit to me. I mean because how would you even measure that? How could you ever know or measure how many calories you use? Would you go about your day constantly focused on keeping track of all your motions? "I stepped this many steps today, I moved my arm like this this many times,...." memorizing and adding up every little motion to calculate how many calories you used. And what about how many calories your brain uses because that's a lot of energy too. Would you keep track of how active your brain is and add that number in too? And then do you put all your food on a scale or something to measure out exactly 500 calories less than that? That's a lot of work for such a simple thing as eating, it would make me insane if I had to do all that every day. Sounds like a whole notebook of math calculations every day just to know what to eat. I just don't understand how it could even be possible to know how many calories you're using up.

So maybe it is true that you need 500 or 400 calories less, whatever it is. But even that number is just an estimation that would actually be completely different depending on the specific person and their specific situation. So in that way also, the whole thing is still bullshit. There is no way to measure it, and no way to know what number, or any of that. Maybe the idea is scientifically correct, but it's so impossible and irrelevant that it's all nonsense anyway.

Just relax and feel your body and your intuition, and eat what you think you should eat. Eat whatever nutrients and foods that you feel like you should have more of, that your intuition tells you to eat. And eat the amount that you feel like you should eat. It's not hard to take care of yourself, just do whatever you feel like you should. It's like the easiest thing in the world if you just follow your instincts. People have been healthy for a million years without ever having to measure how many calories they use and subtracting 500.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:48 am

I'll have to agree with Eric13 for once. I've noticed in me and my coworkers, which have a very active lifestyle and eat a lot, without even reaching the level of manteinance calories that focusing on caloric intake is most likely broscience. That's because we have gained muscles and lost fat at the same time. Eating healthy and getting enough protein is the key to it.

As for the quoted post, I'll replied below it.

SATchives wrote:Dont forget to focus ligament strength first before building to much muscle and going to heavy.

(...)

This is the ultimate workout. You can do this for the rest of your life.


Dude, do you realise we're not all equal? Everyone is different. What works for you may not work for another. Believing one size fits all is not productive. For example, if you have weak fire in your chart and you decide to strengthen it physically by eating pungent foods, you may achieve your goal. Then that becomes part of your routine and you eat pungent foods often. When someone who needs diet advice comes to you, you'll make their meal plans dominant in pungent. What will happen? Those with weak fire will benefit, while those with average or strong fire will become unbalanced and will have overactive, which will damage their health. (Centralforce, I'm aware it might be a more complex discourse, but I'm simplifying it just to prove a point)

I agree with you suggesting ligament but I will have to disagree that getting "bigger" is important. The quality of muscles is more important than their appearance. Density is much more important than hypertrophy. What this means? It means that a gymnast may be much stronger than a bodybuilder despite having smaller muscles. That happens because their muscles are denser. They're higher in mass but lower in volume. Getting overly muscular will make you look like a monster. Many pro bodybuilders do look like monsters in fact.

Of course a bodybuilder may be stronger than a gymnast, but ultimately someone with more dense muscles has better strength potential without becoming a monster.

Some people's bodies and minds are more suited to weightlifting while others will have better results with other training systems. Depending on one's goal and one's aptitude, one can choose the best training system for them.

I strive for balance, which is essential in nature. So I'm convinced that both function (skill) and appearance are to be regarded in working out. I cringe when people tell they're doing just because of one thing or the other. The good thing about appearance is that you improve it whatever the training style but some systems only make you hypertrophic without really improving the daily skills you both for your occupational needs and for the rest of your life activities. So one must learn to choose wisely.

I hate barbells, kettlebells and gym machines, for example, and I'm partial to some dumbbell exercises. I love bars, rings, clubbells, parallettes, sandbags and boxes, though, so I'm not totally averse to weight-lifting like some people might think here if they have been reading me every time I post about athleticism and training.

Do you have a several years-long background in knowledge of the body (i.e. physical therapy) AND exercise science? You probably don't, or you would have asked the OP several questions and tested him before giving a workout plan like you did. My opinion is that one should avoid giving specific training plans and nutrition plans without being a professional in the sector. You can, however, do like the rest of us and share experiences, opinions and anectodes.

I too could suggest the fighter pullup programme to people wanting to improve their pullup volume because it's working so well for me. But I won't because I don't know the many factors that make me understand if that programme is suited to the person I would be suggesting it to. Factors such as mobility requirements, proper form, strength and other skills of the muscles involved and many other factors I wouldn't dream about because I'm no sports scientist and neither a physical therapist.

Everything is specialised in their own field. A neurosurgeon that has knee injuries doesn't self - medicate but they go to an orthopedic, because knee injuries are one of the things the orthopedic is specialised about. Likewise, an orthopedic with spinal injuries will go to a neurosurgeon.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:57 am

I forgot one thing. Training to failure, as far as I know, only increases the risk of injury and will only work to increase muscular endurance, not power nor strength. The advice of one my favourite specialists is to train short of failure. Training short of failure ensures you stop right before losing proper form. When you lose proper forms, you start involving muscles that have nothing to do with the exercise and also build structural imbalances. I used to do pushups (and not only) improperly and now my left pecs are more developed and stronger than the right ones. Paying attention to form helps identify imbalances earlier and correcting then.


(I hope my posts can help people make better choices for their lives and inspire them to deepen their researches and learn more. Never stop to what I write but always research more.)
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

AldebaranDeTauro
Posts: 62

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby AldebaranDeTauro » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:00 am

OP, this might help you. I asked a similar question a while back. Mageson and Stormblood gave great advice.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2280&p=14485#p14485

I agree with Eric13. I'm not a health expert by any means but I did lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. I just made sure I was eating healthy, got plenty of protein and most importantly rested well(minimum 8 hours of sleep and rest days)Good supplements aren't a must but do help especially if you have trouble eating enough protein a day. Just do your research on what you buy cuz some of that shit is just filler and doesn't really do anything for you. Look online for them cuz nothing at GNC or Similar stores is any good IMO. I got my supplements from Athlean-X. Com and I personally didn't have any issues with it. Kinda pricey but you definitely get your money's worth.

Hail Satan!!!!
Hail Buer!!!!

Eric13
Posts: 481

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Eric13 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Stormblood wrote:I forgot one thing. Training to failure, as far as I know, only increases the risk of injury and will only work to increase muscular endurance, not power nor strength. The advice of one my favourite specialists is to train short of failure. Training short of failure ensures you stop right before losing proper form. When you lose proper forms, you start involving muscles that have nothing to do with the exercise and also build structural imbalances. I used to do pushups (and not only) improperly and now my left pecs are more developed and stronger than the right ones. Paying attention to form helps identify imbalances earlier and correcting then.


(I hope my posts can help people make better choices for their lives and inspire them to deepen their researches and learn more. Never stop to what I write but always research more.)


Very true, training to failure can be useful if hypertrophy is your training goal. Otherwise it has its risks. Also I was reading a study that showed, for instance, to throw an arbitrary number out there, say a person did an exercise for 10 reps to failure. Reps 1-5 have little to no effect on facilitating change. However 6-8 had a dramatic effect. While the increase from say 8-failure was minimal. This tends to reveal those last two reps to failure might not do much anyway. Except make it harder to get more sets and increase likelihood of injury. A person can still push themselves and have intensity in their workouts without going to failure. A great example of this is the simple fact you can get more sets and reps.

Also on the point of sets and reps. I mentioned this in one of my replies, but I think it’s important cause so many people over train in the gym. But over training, as I’m sure you already know, is a real thing and is going to do the opposite of getting a person gains. 10-20 sets per muscle group per week shows the maximum amount of growth in numerous studies. With closer to 20 being the best. Past that gains stopped and injuries went up. Below 10 sets a week growth is very slow. Some gym nuts freaked out at these studies. Cause they want to be in the gym 5 hours a day. Unless you're roidin’ that ain’t gonna work.

SATchives
Posts: 329

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby SATchives » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:18 pm

Stormblood wrote:I'll have to agree with Eric13 for once. I've noticed in me and my coworkers, which have a very active lifestyle and eat a lot, without even reaching the level of manteinance calories that focusing on caloric intake is most likely broscience. That's because we have gained muscles and lost fat at the same time. Eating healthy and getting enough protein is the key to it.

As for the quoted post, I'll replied below it.

SATchives wrote:Dont forget to focus ligament strength first before building to much muscle and going to heavy.

(...)

This is the ultimate workout. You can do this for the rest of your life.


Dude, do you realise we're not all equal? Everyone is different. What works for you may not work for another. Believing one size fits all is not productive. For example, if you have weak fire in your chart and you decide to strengthen it physically by eating pungent foods, you may achieve your goal. Then that becomes part of your routine and you eat pungent foods often. When someone who needs diet advice comes to you, you'll make their meal plans dominant in pungent. What will happen? Those with weak fire will benefit, while those with average or strong fire will become unbalanced and will have overactive, which will damage their health. (Centralforce, I'm aware it might be a more complex discourse, but I'm simplifying it just to prove a point)

I agree with you suggesting ligament but I will have to disagree that getting "bigger" is important. The quality of muscles is more important than their appearance. Density is much more important than hypertrophy. What this means? It means that a gymnast may be much stronger than a bodybuilder despite having smaller muscles. That happens because their muscles are denser. They're higher in mass but lower in volume. Getting overly muscular will make you look like a monster. Many pro bodybuilders do look like monsters in fact.

Of course a bodybuilder may be stronger than a gymnast, but ultimately someone with more dense muscles has better strength potential without becoming a monster.

Some people's bodies and minds are more suited to weightlifting while others will have better results with other training systems. Depending on one's goal and one's aptitude, one can choose the best training system for them.

I strive for balance, which is essential in nature. So I'm convinced that both function (skill) and appearance are to be regarded in working out. I cringe when people tell they're doing just because of one thing or the other. The good thing about appearance is that you improve it whatever the training style but some systems only make you hypertrophic without really improving the daily skills you both for your occupational needs and for the rest of your life activities. So one must learn to choose wisely.

I hate barbells, kettlebells and gym machines, for example, and I'm partial to some dumbbell exercises. I love bars, rings, clubbells, parallettes, sandbags and boxes, though, so I'm not totally averse to weight-lifting like some people might think here if they have been reading me every time I post about athleticism and training.

Do you have a several years-long background in knowledge of the body (i.e. physical therapy) AND exercise science? You probably don't, or you would have asked the OP several questions and tested him before giving a workout plan like you did. My opinion is that one should avoid giving specific training plans and nutrition plans without being a professional in the sector. You can, however, do like the rest of us and share experiences, opinions and anectodes.

I too could suggest the fighter pullup programme to people wanting to improve their pullup volume because it's working so well for me. But I won't because I don't know the many factors that make me understand if that programme is suited to the person I would be suggesting it to. Factors such as mobility requirements, proper form, strength and other skills of the muscles involved and many other factors I wouldn't dream about because I'm no sports scientist and neither a physical therapist.

Everything is specialised in their own field. A neurosurgeon that has knee injuries doesn't self - medicate but they go to an orthopedic, because knee injuries are one of the things the orthopedic is specialised about. Likewise, an orthopedic with spinal injuries will go to a neurosurgeon.


I didn't make diet advice. carbs and protein are all food. You decide what you put in, I was focusing on the regiment and balance. not the diet. And alternating is needed. More protein one day more carbs the next is all I stated. What I said was not specific at all lol. I simply put muscle groups together for the dude and said mostly focus higher reps first for ligament strength. As I stated perfect technique. Technique = no injury. what I stated could benefit anyone it's very unspecific. He wanted to gain weight and muscle. This routine will do that safely. No amount of athletics and aerobics will build muscle faster than heavy weights. I didn't specify one certain workout look. only muscle groups. There are thousands of workouts within one can customize from free weights to dumbells to bars.

My routine creates balance. You go high reps to low reps. Creating the strength of a body builder with the body of a middle weight gymnast. This guide is bare bones extremely customizable involves balance. And safety first and can be applied to anyone who wants strength flexibility speed and size.

It is stated by maxine the bigger you are the more bioelecticity you can handle. She stated this in an audio sermon when she talked about her going to the gym and the importance of lifting heavy, For bigger bones as well

Ligament strength is important. Muscle density is important food is important and switching things up keeping balance that is important all things I stated in this guide.

Your arguement about pull up is infallible because I am not recommending any workouts only on the amount of workouts a d what muscle groups to tie together because they.compound easy with certain workouts. One can choose to do machine all their life or free weights or lifting things in nature.

Technique what you eat and the weight vs reps and switching things up is the most important

On the whole pungent foods arguement again innever stated what to eat. Foods break down into two things carbs and proteins/fats. I said eat more of one one day and more the other the other day.

Everything else to you the individual is trial and error. A person on this guide after a year of eating and working out different things. Will come to understand their own body.

I didn't specifically say this because I thought it was obvious.

That's why I tell people to change the workouts ever week or every other week and change reps every 6 weeks. Eat plenty of balanced things. You will find what your body likes. I simply mentioned I like yams. Not for someone to add em to their routine.

Maybe I cleared this up. But this routine is a great fucking routine it's a warrior's a fighter's universal routine it will build healthy strong muscle and ligaments while increasing your bone density and making your endurance godly as long as you dont skip the endurance training and that endurance is up to you as well. I PERSONALLY like swimming. Fighting i.e mma, jumprope, and hiking as my endurance training. But every one is different you might like running. Who knows. Only you know.

I'll remake the guide some day. And I'll make sure it won't confuse anyone.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 pm

Eric13 wrote:
Stormblood wrote:I forgot one thing. Training to failure, as far as I know, only increases the risk of injury and will only work to increase muscular endurance, not power nor strength. The advice of one my favourite specialists is to train short of failure. Training short of failure ensures you stop right before losing proper form. When you lose proper forms, you start involving muscles that have nothing to do with the exercise and also build structural imbalances. I used to do pushups (and not only) improperly and now my left pecs are more developed and stronger than the right ones. Paying attention to form helps identify imbalances earlier and correcting then.


(I hope my posts can help people make better choices for their lives and inspire them to deepen their researches and learn more. Never stop to what I write but always research more.)


Very true, training to failure can be useful if hypertrophy is your training goal. Otherwise it has its risks. Also I was reading a study that showed, for instance, to throw an arbitrary number out there, say a person did an exercise for 10 reps to failure. Reps 1-5 have little to no effect on facilitating change. However 6-8 had a dramatic effect. While the increase from say 8-failure was minimal. This tends to reveal those last two reps to failure might not do much anyway. Except make it harder to get more sets and increase likelihood of injury. A person can still push themselves and have intensity in their workouts without going to failure. A great example of this is the simple fact you can get more sets and reps.

Also on the point of sets and reps. I mentioned this in one of my replies, but I think it’s important cause so many people over train in the gym. But over training, as I’m sure you already know, is a real thing and is going to do the opposite of getting a person gains. 10-20 sets per muscle group per week shows the maximum amount of growth in numerous studies. With closer to 20 being the best. Past that gains stopped and injuries went up. Below 10 sets a week growth is very slow. Some gym nuts freaked out at these studies. Cause they want to be in the gym 5 hours a day. Unless you're roidin’ that ain’t gonna work.


I usually test myself on how many reps of any exercise I can do short of failure. I first decide which ones are going to be included in the programme and, after testing, I work with an adequate percentage of that, going by expert advice and by feel since I can't afford personal training by someone as qualified as Daniel Vadnal and other trusted experts.

When it comes to increasing volume in one set, I've had great results with both working with percentages ranging from 30 to 45 over three weeks, then retesting, and by following a programming that works by staying short of failure and retesting every fifth week.

I still haven't applied these methods to other forms of training that don't focus on increasing work capacity. The first method is consistent with your research, as it totals 20 sets per week for each exercise; the second method can vary from 9 sets to 15 per exercise per week, as the volume of each set is higher.

The fighter pull-up programme is the only programming I follow that works with more sets (30) per week and my body has demanded more rest, which I decided to concede from the second week of it onward.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

SATchives
Posts: 329

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby SATchives » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:02 am

When I said train to failure i didn't mean total muscle destruction. I meant when you get to that last rep. Its difficult to lift that rep. (Obviously dont force it by using momentum. That's cheating) gauge your weight this way.

I think my word failure was taken too literal.

And its only dangerous when you lose control, and do not have prior ligament strength.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:20 pm

SATchives wrote:I'll remake the guide some day. And I'll make sure it won't confuse anyone.


Yes, that's what you should do because you keep contradicting yourself in this whole post and you clear didn't understand my food example, which is related to the routine you suggested, not the tips about nutrients you gave.

You say from one side that you aren't giving something that is the same for everyone and you go into some detail to explain how it can be customise, yet you also say your template is the ultimate one and will benefit everyone.

What in-depth knowledge of human biomechanics, anatomy and exercise do you have again to make such unsupported claims? Look at how centralforce deals with people who ask for medical advice. He asks questions, trying to first have a clear picture of the person's health, then he gives advice.

About heavy weights... Firstly, HPS Maxine is a person like all of us. She has a lot of spiritual knowledge, awareness and experience, more than anyone here. That doesn't mean she knows everything about exercising too. She also made more recent sermons than the audio you listened too where she suggests bodyweight exercise, which means she doesn't believe exclusively in weightlifting.

Secondly, you clearly never researched about increasing and decreasing leverage, otherwise you'd know already that weightlifting is not the only way to hypertrophy.

You also preached going to failure. Going to failure by definition puts you out of proper form for the last few reps, which again is in contradiction with part of your speech (yoi stated proper technique = no injury). Overtraining is statistically one of the highest causes of injury. Just look it up. Training to failure = overtraining. I know exercise jargon. Every fitness enthusiast knows. You don't need to explain any of us that.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

SATchives
Posts: 329

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby SATchives » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Stormblood wrote:
SATchives wrote:I'll remake the guide some day. And I'll make sure it won't confuse anyone.


Yes, that's what you should do because you keep contradicting yourself in this whole post and you clear didn't understand my food example, which is related to the routine you suggested, not the tips about nutrients you gave.

You say from one side that you aren't giving something that is the same for everyone and you go into some detail to explain how it can be customise, yet you also say your template is the ultimate one and will benefit everyone.

What in-depth knowledge of human biomechanics, anatomy and exercise do you have again to make such unsupported claims? Look at how centralforce deals with people who ask for medical advice. He asks questions, trying to first have a clear picture of the person's health, then he gives advice.

About heavy weights... Firstly, HPS Maxine is a person like all of us. She has a lot of spiritual knowledge, awareness and experience, more than anyone here. That doesn't mean she knows everything about exercising too. She also made more recent sermons than the audio you listened too where she suggests bodyweight exercise, which means she doesn't believe exclusively in weightlifting.

Secondly, you clearly never researched about increasing and decreasing leverage, otherwise you'd know already that weightlifting is not the only way to hypertrophy.

You also preached going to failure. Going to failure by definition puts you out of proper form for the last few reps, which again is in contradiction with part of your speech (yoi stated proper technique = no injury). Overtraining is statistically one of the highest causes of injury. Just look it up. Training to failure = overtraining. I know exercise jargon. Every fitness enthusiast knows. You don't need to explain any of us that.

I already corrected what I said about failure. You can train to weight fatigue and not over work a muscle. Let's say you do 25 lbs 10 reps biceps at 10 you cannot go any more, so it's a good rep for you. One set won't cause over training. Nor would two sets depending on the person 3 or 4. Now you state like magically if you go to failure (when I say failure I mean you cannot as easily lift the last rep within your control)on a set oh noo I'm gonna hurt myself. You obviously have read a bunch but have little experience, again proper technique entitles you dont over do yourself. As that is in the meaning of technique. So no I didn't contradict myself. All your posts on the forums are you trying to outclass others by pointing out contradictions that dont exist.Maxine was right about her statements on weight training as I am living proof and hundreds of people I know are as well. But never stated all heavy weight either. Light weight is required for balance altogether as well. For ligament strength and muscle densification. And to say I preach. Lmfao I never preached nothing. Watch your words. Hypertrophy isn't enough for strength you must overcome high level weight plateaus. Sounds like you read a bunch of shit and tried to out it into your own perspective. Building muscle isn't as complicated or dangerous as you make it seem. I talked about Basic intake. And to switch between protein and carbohydrates. Very simple and this constitutes all food so you decide what you put in your body. You may need more vitamin x" rich foods than I or more other vitamin z"

What unsupported claims do I give hahah
None

It's a fact high rep works on ligament

Low rep high weight works on bone density and muscle mass.

What deluded world do you live in I suggest attacking the enemy then attacking me. It's quite fucking pathetic. Yeah a template that can be customized can be used by anyone
Wtf is your logic. You choose what meals just switch proteins more one day and carbs one day you do this to keep your metabolism is balance. Never want to eat the same thing all the time this is obvious. And yeah you can do body weight if you want too that's up to you. But it's not much different that weights lmfao except you are using you body as the weight. And you will get to a plateau where you will not gain any more strength than the body weight you can lift. Unless you use weights chained to your body while doing pullups lol sure. My point is simple lift light for high rep ligament strength and gradually move down to low rep heavy weight for strength.

I have little respect because all the posts I ever see from you are bashing other people and trying to find points to pick at, you over complicate and twist my words around quite annoying. I dont care if you dont believe me any one can take what I say with a grain of salt. But to me it's the ultimate. Do body weight of you want to increase endurance and build lean muscle mass. That's up to you. I add some body weight to my routine like I already stated switching things up is most important. I never stated only free weights only machines or only this or that. It was. Muscle groups. Eat plenty, rotate what you eat. Rest plenty. Correct technique. Repeat.
I dont mind being questioned but when I am told I said something I didn't or saying I'm contradicting myself when I'm not is crazy and it's not the first time I've seen you do this shit. It's annoying. And anti productive. I gave a bare bones guide to work on to gain muscle mass it works. And your trying to shit on it Insinuating what I say is bad and that your the to go guru for all things. Give me a break.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:55 am

The statement about nutrition plans was not addressed to you. It was a general statement that goes hand in hand with suggesting fitness plans when you're not an expert.

You're showing you don't know basic fitness terminology. Going to failure you miss the proper form/technique it's inevitable, going short of failure means you go until the last rep BEFORE losing proper form/technique. Either you mean the second or you are confused. Nor where did you find about plateaus in bodyweight training. Must be from ignorant fitness enthusiasts and broscience. Experts and good researchers know there's more than one way to increase resistance: one is increasing weight, another is decreasing leverage. There might be others yet. I don't know.

When you saying something is "the ultimate" and yours is the best way, of course it comes off as preaching, propaganda and unsupported claims. That's just marketing and I hate marketing. Again, what works for you won't necessarily work for everyone else. Just as we each have a unique spiritual blueprint (the birth chart) which is different from anyone else), so everyone of us has a different genetic blueprint. But, hey, let's all lift heavy because someone said so. Sure it's going to work well.

Not sure where you got the part about you being attacked by the enemy. Maybe you dreamed of it.

Frankly, I don't care what your opinion of me is. I've grown past the need of being accepted by everyone years ago. Some people are going to respect me, other people are not. I don't demand it from anyone. This is not the place nor the time to discuss about my way of doing things, as it as nothing to do with our conversation.

Since you're stubborn and see yourself as infallible, we can stop the discussion right here. No need to add more to infighting. The picture to readers is clear, whether they are on your side, my side or neither side. What I meant to point out has already been addressed. Any more than this is pointless.

To the OP and the readers, the point was that you need someone with a background both in physical therapy and the discipline you want to use for you body conditioning.

Not to any self-proclaimed fitness guru and neither to the "trainers" you find nowadays in the gyms that have 6-months certifications and no real clue about what they're doing but keep destroying 100s of people's bodies, then you have every single physical therapist complaining all the time because of ill-advised routines that shorten what mustn't be shortened and create unnecessary damage here and there.

I'm NOT a physical therapist nor did I major in sports science or physical education. I just use my brain and recognise having an expert help you is how you truly progress toward your goal and spare much of the trial and error involved in figuring things out on your own. There was a sermon once talking about superiority and describing exactly what I said about going to someone superior to deal with something that is not your expertise. One example in the sermon was with a car mechanic. If anyone remembers the title, please go and share it.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:10 pm

Found the sermon thanks to comrade: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22664 This is my last post on this topic, if the goal remains fighting and not a normal discussion.
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.

Ol argedco luciftias
Posts: 2839
Location: Duat, Orion

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:55 pm

Stormblood wrote:Found the sermon thanks to comrade: https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22664 This is my last post on this topic, if the goal remains fighting and not a normal discussion.

No you didn't. That link just loops straight back to this same topic we're on now.

User avatar
Stormblood
Posts: 2356
Location: Academy of the Dragon, Dinas Ffaraon

Re: Gain weight in a healthy way (help)

Postby Stormblood » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:43 pm

Ol argedco luciftias wrote:
Stormblood wrote:Found the sermon thanks to comrade: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22664 This is my last post on this topic, if the goal remains fighting and not a normal discussion.

No you didn't. That link just loops straight back to this same topic we're on now.


My bad. I didn't realise I had copy-pasted the wrong link. Here is the right one: https://web.archive.org/web/20170503230 ... 18249.html
Quotes | Final RTR | Useful spells, meds and reads

All links updated and running.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest