Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Psyllium for loose stools?

Aquarius

Heard great things about psyllium so I was wondering if it is wise to use it?

Its good to use for things like constipation and cleansing when added with things like bentonite but one mistake is to take psyllium and not drink enough fluids. In which case constipation is made worse..

HPS Shannon said:
Its good to use for things like constipation and cleansing when added with things like bentonite but one mistake is to take psyllium and not drink enough fluids. In which case constipation is made worse..
I was wondering, will these fix the issues? Like I mean permanently... If I stop taking them after prolonged use will I just get the effects I’m trying to fix?

Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
I was wondering, will these fix the issues? Like I mean permanently... If I stop taking them after prolonged use will I just get the effects I’m trying to fix?

It depends, what are you trting to fix?

HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:

Loose stools. After going to the toilet stuff still remains in my rectum unless I do an enema.

Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:

Loose stools. After going to the toilet stuff still remains in my rectum unless I do an enema.

If your stools are loose than that indicates a digestive imbalance. Psyllium is just a temporary fix, and works to thicken your stools only as long as you take them.

HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:

If your stools are loose than that indicates a digestive imbalance. Psyllium is just a temporary fix, and works to thicken your stools only as long as you take them.
Have you got any suggestions on how could I balance my digestion?

Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:

There are some ways to balance it but I need to know your current diet, if you have any other health issues at all, how often you have bowel movements, how often do you drink fluids, etc

HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:

There are some ways to balance it but I need to know your current diet, if you have any other health issues at all, how often you have bowel movements, how often do you drink fluids, etc
Ok lets do it.
My main diet consists of nearly everything, Fish not so much though other than some sushi, I mainly eat vegetables and meat and at every meal nearly always cheese. I drink some organic soda occasionally and I drink water when I am thirsty(which now in summer I always am), I drink goat milk in the morning(which I just started drinking and still can’t say if it’s better or not than organic cow milk).
health issues I can’t really pinpoint as after doing 2 90 day workings to free myself from health issues and other health workings I can really only complain about my digestion at the moment. I have bowel movements max 2 times a day and sometimes very near each other.
I do somekind of exercise nearly everyday.

Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:

Ok lets do it.
My main diet consists of nearly everything, Fish not so much though other than some sushi, I mainly eat vegetables and meat and at every meal nearly always cheese. I drink some organic soda occasionally and I drink water when I am thirsty(which now in summer I always am), I drink goat milk in the morning(which I just started drinking and still can’t say if it’s better or not than organic cow milk).
health issues I can’t really pinpoint as after doing 2 90 day workings to free myself from health issues and other health workings I can really only complain about my digestion at the moment. I have bowel movements max 2 times a day and sometimes very near each other.

Sorry for the late response but have you ever considered probiotics? They are very healing for digestive issues. Sugar, stress, chlorinated water, low enzyme foods and other things deplete the natural gut flora and microbiome. Stools are composed of mostly bacteria. So bacteria is what is needed to process the waste from start to finish.

Also, adding more bulk may also be a needed addition like beans, bananas, oatmeal etc.

Looser stools (depending on the consistency and how often one goes) are not normally an issue.

6zeliris6lalibratum6 said:
Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
Ok lets do it.

Have you tried adding more fiber to your diet? Sometimes this helps loose stools, I also have similar issues (IBS-d, childhood onset) and sometimes this is the only thing that works. Flax seeds, fiber supplements, raw or natural sources are best, of course. Don't take too much, as constipation isnt any more fun than this.
It sounds like the healthfulness of your diet isnt the issue, just needs some 'bulk', :lol:
2x a day is a rather healthy rate, honestly. Once a day usually isnt sufficient enough to really move the digestive track along at a healthy pace. Too fast and we become sickly and malnourished, too slow and we get bound up. But twice, back-to-back isnt ideal, so once again I suspect you simply need more fiber.
Hope this helps.
Yeah that’s why I asked if psyllium would help, that’s fiber. Thanks for the suggestion.

HPS Shannon said:
Aquarius said:
HPS Shannon said:
Ok lets do it.

Sorry for the late response but have you ever considered probiotics? They are very healing for digestive issues. Sugar, stress, chlorinated water, low enzyme foods and other things deplete the natural gut flora and microbiome. Stools are composed of mostly bacteria. So bacteria is what is needed to process the waste from start to finish.

Also, adding more bulk may also be a needed addition like beans, bananas, oatmeal etc.

Looser stools (depending on the consistency and how often one goes) are not normally an issue.
I’m gonna take kefir then, gonna report back for the results. In how much time should I expect some results by taking it?

Lydia said:
Could your problem be too much magnesium? I think I remember reading you are taking magnesium supplement, this could be the cause.
I stopped taking it a while back, but thanks:)

Other than loose stools, do you experience bloating, poor appetite, tiredness or shortness of breath?

Do you get discomfort when you eat or before eating?

Do you get any pain?

What colour are your stools and do they have an offensive smell?

Centralforce666 said:
Other than loose stools, do you experience bloating, poor appetite, tiredness or shortness of breath?

Do you get discomfort when you eat or before eating?

Do you get any pain?

What colour are your stools and do they have an offensive smell?
None other then some shortness of breath which I havent experienced for a long time till yesterday, very mild though, maybe not even related.

I have some mild ache in the stomach if I press it(right now in the morning with empty stomach) and I havent really noticed if I have pain after eating, though no pain before eating.

Pain where exactly?

They have the typical brown colour and have the typical poo smell, nothing out of the ordinary.

This is likely a very mild spleen qi deficiency.

Try to eat smaller meals more often and opt for lighter foods such as rice lightly spiced meat with less dairy.

Consume an increased number of yellow vegetables, ensuring all meals are well cooked and the loose stools should resolve.

Centralforce666 said:

Try to eat smaller meals more often and opt for lighter foods such as rice lightly spiced meat with less dairy.

Consume an increased number of yellow vegetables, ensuring all meals are well cooked and the loose stools should resolve.
Thanks a lot. What do you think is the best way to cook vegetables for this problem? I tend to roast them as I find it delicious.
When you say lightly spiced what do you mean exactly?

Centralforce666 said:

And is dividing a meal you would eat in one go and eat it 1 hour apart good?

Probiotics like kombucha helped me greatly with this sort of issue, try adding some sort of fibrous beans every other day

SATchives said:
Probiotics like kombucha helped me greatly with this sort of issue, try adding some sort of fibrous beans every other day
Not gonna drink alcoholic stuff.
Gonna look into the beans.
Thanks.

Aquarius said:
SATchives said:
Thanks.

Personally I don't drink alcohol. What Kombucha is alcoholic?

SATchives said:
Aquarius said:
SATchives said:
Thanks.

Exactly haha.

Aquarius said:
SATchives said:
Aquarius said:
Thanks.

Exactly haha.

Sorry, i dont understand haha. Please keep the thread updated im curious if a change in your diet fixes things. I also did some research and through letting kombucha sit it can fermentate and turn sugar into alcohol its so low that here in the US i see it being sold to anyone without a license, i don't believe it has enough alcohol to affect you in any way, no different than using alcohol to clean ones skin, im definitely no expert but i've never felt any sort of alcoholic affect from drinking this stuff, yet I have had my entire digestive restored since including it in my diet. Since its a living drink it has probiotics in it, which help your gut

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back