Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Temporary spine problem

Catz666

This has been happening for a few months. one of my vertebre or something in my spine feels like it gets out of place. I sneeze or make a sudden movement and it knocks it back into place with a pop I can feel but not hear. sometimes just stretching my arms up like to brush my hair fixes it.

But today its been for over 5 hours, nothing is fixing it. Not that Im trying much to fix it as I dont want to risk injury. when i lean forward and dangle my hands I feel a numb sensation going accross my right shoulderblade.

Somtimes I go days or a week without this, sometimes it happens 5 times a day.

there is no pain, just some numbness and discomfort. my movement is a bit limited also because I dont want to risk injury but it doesnt feel like its a big deal. I tried looking online a lot and can't find anything, as this is only temporary not permanent so its not herniated or slipped or anything.

Looking at a diagram, it is either T5 or one above or below. Around there

Im just making sure this isnt a big deal, but I've never heard of this before and cant find any thing online about it. Any ideas on treatment? I do yoga daily. Thank you in advance.

I'd say definitely get it checked out by a doctor like Argedco already said.
In addition to this, after you have visited a doctor and (hopefully) fixed it, you can try adding a stretching program to your routine that is centered purely on your spine, and to give your spine a lot of luxury and rest, e.g. take atleast 20 minutes a day of lying down completely straight in full relaxation. Also make sure to drink atleast 2-3 liters of water every day, possibly more than this depending on how much your body needs. Taking in enough water should give you better chances at ensuring your spine will stay healthy and strong.

Numbness and discomfort comes from damp obstruction therefore increasing your water intake is not recommended.

Are you fairly well portioned ie excess body fat?

Do you get sinus or nose obstruction from phlegm regularly or suffer from chronic and persistent diarrhea/soft stools?

Thanks for replies everyone. it lasted for 25 hours. Fianlly fixed, and I did yoga specifically for the spine, feels much better now.I think the problem was lack of kundalini spinal series, I had done those lots befroe but havent for some months now.

Centralforce666 yes to well proportioned body fat. I used to be too skinny but gained a little bit of weight lately if that is relevent. no phlegm in sinus or nose, a bit in back of throat every morning, I spit and do tongue scraping. No diarrhea.

The numbness and discomfort was only when my vertebre was feeling out of place, its gone now

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back