Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Back problems

BlueLight

A doctor who is specialized in naturalistic treatment came to visit us yesterday and he told me some interesting things. I'd like some help on a few aspects of it.

First of all, he told me that one of my hips is higher than the other. And that I might have the risk of scoliosis, but it can be solved through some therapy because I'm still 19. I'm a bit worried about it and I'd like to know what can be done about this - I know that scoliosis can get quite bad and I'd rather avoid being in that position. Either way, he told me it's just in the hips - my shoulders don't have any problem and my legs are of equal length.

I also need to spend quite some time at a desk because I study a lot, especially now with the exams. I'd love to receive any tips on how to avoid any back or bad posture situation because of it.

He also told me I'm very stressed. He checked my feet and there is this spot on the big toe where and, apparently, he could read the stress levels out if it - a spot that has a bit hardened, almost like a small marble. It was quite painful when he pressed on it.

Same with the bladder and the kidneys. He said I have some deposits in my kidneys and in the bladder? I had some problems with kidney stones in the past. It seems to be genetical, since my grandma had the same problem.

He commented on blocked muscles in my back. Especially the upper back and the back of my neck, mainly because of intellectual strain. And he recommmended me to wake up in the morning and study instead of doing it during the evening or night.

But my main concern is my back and I'd love to know what I can do about it, both when it comes to exercises and spiritual healing. It doesn't seem to be to bad now, but he recommended me to go to therapy since it should solve the problem. And I'd rather avoid having to deal with any type of scoliosis.

It might also be something genetical, since he said my mother has it as well - but her spine has a C tendency, while mine has a S one.

Thank you for the help!

Your apparent stress is what is causing your hip imbalance.

The Chinese say that the liver (the organ most commonly implicate in chronic stress) reflects its tension in the hips.

Your tight flanks and back are indicative of a higher than average sympathetic nervous system tone which basically tightens those muscles unnecessarily.

My recommendation based on the liver's function is to increase physical exercise and stretches which open the hip.

Eat lighter meals more often.

Practice emptying your mind when you feel you are in a stressful condition.

Over a period of time, your sympathetic nervous system tone will level out and your muscles will relax so as to allow your hip to return to its natural position.

Centralforce666 said:
Your apparent stress is what is causing your hip imbalance.

The Chinese say that the liver (the organ most commonly implicate in chronic stress) reflects its tension in the hips.

Your tight flanks and back are indicative of a higher than average sympathetic nervous system tone which basically tightens those muscles unnecessarily.

My recommendation based on the liver's function is to increase physical exercise and stretches which open the hip.

Eat lighter meals more often.

Practice emptying your mind when you feel you are in a stressful condition.

Over a period of time, your sympathetic nervous system tone will level out and your muscles will relax so as to allow your hip to return to its natural position.

Thank you for the help, doctor!

I've actually been confirmed that I do have scoliosis. It doesn't seem too bad - and I've been told that it could be solved through therapy, even if quite a lot of people say that such a problem can only be cured through surgery.

One of my sides is curved, while the other isn't. I don't know exactly how bad it is, since I've yet to go to any doctor to get a proper control for it.

But I do know that I'd rather avoid a surgery.

My partner told me the problem should be solved through yoga, since it straightens the spine. I'd like to know if there's any type you would recommend for my problem.

And if there are any other solutions for it. Since I've been told I'm young enough to avoid a surgery, I'd rather think I can solve it the spiritual way.

Thank you very much for your help!

A balanced yoga program which focuses more or less on stretches of the sides of the body will have a benefit.

Dont neglect those poses which don't seem to directly target the lower back and hip but instead do them and incorporate spinal stretches and flank stretching poses.

I'm not going to list off each pose here as there is an abundance of information out there about yoga poses which open the hip and stretch the spine.

I would however more lean towards hatha over KY in the onset of your practice.

You also need to exercise in a manner which raises a sweat. This sweat will carry out of the body any stagnated qi which is exacerbating the problem.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back