Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Proper hydration

Gearshift

I decided to quit drinking coffee after thinking it over. Been going overboard with coffee and decaffeinated coffee. At one point I was a 3 cup user and in recent times with regular and decaf probably 5 or 6 cups. I literally want to quit coffee not wanting to have another cup at all. Avoiding it all together.

Getting back to hydration.

I remember Zolaluckystar's distilled water thread. And I've been drinking distilled water since May of last year. I also occasionally drink warm water(45 seconds in microwave); I've read it's good to get rid of fat and oil accumulation so it doesn't stick together and form balls on your stomach lining from the fat and oil mixing.

1. What would be the most reasonable amount of fluids I should be taking per day?

(I've been drinking two glasses about 500ml per time period of thirst. So when I drink various times it's two glasses 250ml x2)

2. Is warm water bad to drink or okay?

3. I have in the past drank 30-45 minutes beforehand water (just to maintain hydration after eating a meal for the wait time). And after eating a meal wait two hours after digestion to drink water. Is this practice reasonable?

(Last year studying I found a lot of Indian blog sites stating 30-45 minutes after eating. An hour and in a few two hours waiting time between meal and drink. Mostly to avoid gastric juice dilution and also avoiding the byproduct of alcohol in the system.)

4. What if you feel thirsty quite often even after hydrating yourself? I noticed in the past with drinking soda it would happen even after drinking I remained thirsty. With distilled water it happens sometimes on occasions, what is the meaning of that? not being satisfied at quenching my thirst.

And to further expand this discussion what are some ranges of hydration whether it's someone like me with little to no physical activities, all the way to active, fit people.

Decaf coffee is still very bad, probably worse than regular coffee. They wash the coffee beans in some petroleum byproduct to pull the caffeine out of them, so that really doesn't sound like something anyone should be drinking!

1. Drink whenever you are thirsty. And whenever you are hungry, drink first because for many people thirsty gets mistaken as hungry. I drink about a gallon of water every day and I don't even live in a hot place, I'm not bigger than average, and I don't do an unusually big amount of physical activity. Sometimes more than a gallon. So I think I'm toward the lower end of the spectrum of how much water I need, so you should probably drink more than a gallon.

2. Why not? Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ScRCuFpTNXg  
But colder water tastes better.

3. If you drink too much too soon after you eat, it can wash the food out of your stomach and down your digestive track before it is done being digested. Drink a lot before you eat is the best thing to do. Digesting food takes water from your body because a water molecule is inserted into every bond of all the food molecules to break them apart, so you should have a lot of extra water ready in you before you eat. This is why eating too much can make people feel dehydrated, because it sucks water out from the rest of the body. If you drink after eating, either drink just small amounts or wait, so it doesn't wash the food out from your stomach too early. Small amounts of water are good to drink while you're eating because it goes right into the food to digest it. What you are already doing sounds good, other than you should also first drink a lot before eating.

4. Don't always drink too much too fast, or it can just go right through you. Drink smaller amounts and let it really soak into your cells, then drink more. That happens with soda because that's pure poison that dissolves your bones so you gradually piss away your whole skeleton, so it makes you more dehydrated while doing that. But if you get that feeling with water, you could be drinking too fast or your body could just need more water.

Hydration is an interesting topic because there is so much contradictory information out there it makes it hard to decipher what is correct and what is not.

This is also because everyone has such wide and varied needs for hydration that there is no one solution fits all.

Drinking when you are thirsty is good advice although exceeding your thirst isn't necessarily required.

All these guidelines with minimum amounts of multiple litres and huge containers that need to be emptied is counter intuitive.

Warm water is more easily absorbed by the body and gentler on the stomach. If you like it or you can handle it, it is actually better for you and will hydrate you more quickly due to the increased vibratory quality of the molecules.

Cold slows things down and can quash digestion.

If you are hungry and you choose to follow the previous advice of drinking first, make it warm water as this will preserve any appetite that needs to remain after drinking the water.

Drinking alot of water before you eat dilutes your stomach acid and can lead to serious indigestion problems down the line. It's not advisable to. Drink anything at all at least 30 minutes prior to eating and for one hour after.. This is Chinese Medicine advice that has been around for a long time.

Funnily enough, you are better off drinking soda with food than water as it preserves the pH of your stomach.

Soda however does not quench thirst due to its high sugar content so relying on this to prevent you feeling thirsty will not work.

Centralforce666 said:
Hydration is an interesting topic because there is so much contradictory information out there it makes it hard to decipher what is correct and what is not.

This is also because everyone has such wide and varied needs for hydration that there is no one solution fits all.

Drinking when you are thirsty is good advice although exceeding your thirst isn't necessarily required.

All these guidelines with minimum amounts of multiple litres and huge containers that need to be emptied is counter intuitive.

Warm water is more easily absorbed by the body and gentler on the stomach. If you like it or you can handle it, it is actually better for you and will hydrate you more quickly due to the increased vibratory quality of the molecules.

Cold slows things down and can quash digestion.

If you are hungry and you choose to follow the previous advice of drinking first, make it warm water as this will preserve any appetite that needs to remain after drinking the water.

Drinking alot of water before you eat dilutes your stomach acid and can lead to serious indigestion problems down the line. It's not advisable to. Drink anything at all at least 30 minutes prior to eating and for one hour after.. This is Chinese Medicine advice that has been around for a long time.

Funnily enough, you are better off drinking soda with food than water as it preserves the pH of your stomach.

Soda however does not quench thirst due to its high sugar content so relying on this to prevent you feeling thirsty will not work.
Central force do you have any idea of staying in AC,does it have any effects on health?
Am talking of like staying in AC 24 hours

Thanks CentralForce. I'll admit I was against water early in my life, always hated it. Was a soda hound for a long time growing up. Taste wise I avoided it, but I have been trying to improve my health over the years. Warm water well actually a bit hot cause I microwaved it in the center not on the outside plate to spin around and stir in the heat and not be as hot. So 45-seconds in microwave, which the taste isn't so bad now that I got used to it. First 2-3 days of warm water was awful.

FYI thanks for clarifying the warm water aspect it falls in line with a number of Hindu blogs that I read about warm water being very good. Perhaps drinking it ALL the time isn't the best sometimes cool, room temperature water(in Spanish agua de tiempo) is a good idea sometimes. I do buy distilled water jugs as much as I hate the whole plastic release of the compounds, I do try and buy kosher labelled water jugs as best as I can, as much as I hate the whole kosher bullshit but everything is so hymied up so what can I realistically do. In the end my borrowed shekels that don't belong to me will circulate to them. After I buy the jugs I store them and pour it into a large glass container tap that I bought a while back to preserve the water in glass.

Anyways jokes aside, yes CentralForce I try and consume water 30-but-prefereably-45 minutes beforehand. Also interesting statement on warm water preserving appetite learned something I didn't find in Hindu water blogs. Also if I might add I'm kinda a marathon man so I try and drink water 2 hours later.

I learned in Hindu blogs and some research in other places that consumption should be done 30-45 minutes after eating, an hour after eating, and in quite a few sites wait two hours.

So I usually wait two hours depending on the situation it is an endurance race of thirst. But funny enough it's okay even the first few times I did it I learned how much I can handle my thirst. I'm used to it.

Anyways CF, Thanks again.

P.S.: BTW one more thing what is your perception on proper consumption of water or liquids? In terms of body position, should I be sitting down and calmly, mindfully drinking the water? I recall a few Hindu sites stating drink water sitting down, slowly, in small sips to hydrate yourself mindfully and paying attention to drinking. As drinking standing up causes you to ignore the drinking process and it hurts your body.

I'm not saying it's 100% wrong for man to drink standing up but like eating standing up it does curtail some positive natures of being relaxed and comfortable in a chair.

What is your take on it CentralForce?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back