Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Hyper Thyroidism.

ASQV13886662080

A female friend of mine (who is SS but very busy), is likely diagnosed with hyper thyroidism.

She lives a very busy life, balancing things with her husband, with three young kids and such.

Shes about 30 years old.

Her symptoms so far is increased blood pressure, increased heart rate, anxiety, muscle weakness, irritability, trouble staying asleep, getting tired easily.

She does NOT want to get stuck on pharmaceuticals, preferring herbology if possible.

Well, L-carnitine when taken as a supplement can help in reducing symptoms. (This will help with fatigue and muscle weakness). There are some foods that contain high amounts of this too.

Also, as for herbs, bugleweed (one teaspoon per cup, only two cups a day), lemon balm (melissa) (1 teaspoon per cup for two cups a day). She can also combine those two using half a teaspoon of lemon balm and half a teaspoon of bugleweed (per cup) and drink two cups a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon). These two herbs reduce generally all the symptoms caused by hyper thyroidism.
Also sage seems effective in irritability, and motherwort is effective against tachycardia. She shouldn't start taking all these together at once.

Now, her diet. She should avoid iodized salt, seafood, dairy products, egg yolks, grain products and processed food. 
She should focus on green juices and eat vegetables (kale, spinach, spirulina, radish), and fresh fruits and lean proteins.
Also, she should add ginger, rosemary, basil and oregano in her diet. (Again, not all of them in every meal).
Now, oats is a "good to go" food as hyper thyroidism increases and activates the sympathetic system in the body, and eating oats can reduce this.

People with  hyper thyroidism are irritable, so they need an environment that can help them calm down. Essential oils can help create a calming environment. Lavender, lemon, Jasmine, ylang ylang, chamomile, lemon balm (melissa), basil can help her relax. She can use just one or even a combination she likes.

I think her hyper thyroidism was caussed by stress.She have to try to relax herself from time to time trough the day.

Hyperthyroidism is akin to yin deficiency.

Does she have any of the following?

Heart palpitations,

Low back, knee or hip pain,

Irritability,

Excessive hunger or stomach burning/reflux/pain,

Chronic persistent dry cough?

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back