Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Carpel Tunnel Cure?

Eric13

Anyone know any info on this? I like to make the music for my fun, but have gotten carpel tunnel syndrome and can longer do that or damn near anything without much pain and swelling. All of my enjoying activities are over because of it. Weight lifting, music, my job.

I wish to solve this without surgery, but just wearing wrist braces doesn’t work. Will maybe try acupuncture soon. Don’t know much about it though.

Maybe someone has gone through this and has advice perhaps?

I know someone who had a wrist problem, not carpel tunnel but something to do with a strained and inflamed nerve that affected from elbow to wrist, they had this problem for months. The 5 Tibetan Rites was the only thing that cured it, specifically the ones where you are sitting with legs in front of you and lifting up to table asana, and the down-dog to cobra. These would also help with carpel tunnel as it works the same area. This person said they did it a few times daily even with the pain, putting more weight onto the hand that was not affected, and it was the only thing that cured it.

I don't exactly know what carpal tunnel is caused by so this might be wrong, but gelatin and biotin and any other suppliments for cartilage could help. To rebuild and heal the cartilage in your hands. I think lifting weights that are too heavy is probably what caused this. Even if you can still pick it up, it could be heavy enough to damage your joints.

Lydia said:
I know someone who had a wrist problem, not carpel tunnel but something to do with a strained and inflamed nerve that affected from elbow to wrist, they had this problem for months. The 5 Tibetan Rites was the only thing that cured it, specifically the ones where you are sitting with legs in front of you and lifting up to table asana, and the down-dog to cobra. These would also help with carpel tunnel as it works the same area. This person said they did it a few times daily even with the pain, putting more weight onto the hand that was not affected, and it was the only thing that cured it.

Okay, I feel that’s great advice. What I was looking for, thanks.

I can relate to your problem because the exact thing happened to me several years ago before I was SS. I thought I'd share my experience besides the advice given in case it could also help.

During the worst of this time I could not even brush my hair or put on clothes for the first few hours of the day because of stiffness and pain. I was not able to play any instruments at all at this point. I had no health insurance so I searched carpal tunnel exercises and found these:

https://bj09gkcjd3-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/carpal-tunnel-exercises-2.jpg

I've done them ever since and I think they were a big help.

The second thing I did was figure out how to get out of the type of work I was doing. I had 2 jobs one heavy lifting and the other a factory with strenuous hand movements. I quit the worst of the 2 for my hands and eventually got into work that rarely required physical labor. I also started reducing my bills and debts so I had more flexibility of were I had to work.

Eventually I got were I could play music again but it did take me a few years. Mostly because of job and finance issues which I solved very slowly.

My ability to play instruments went from none to 2 hours. Unfortunately I had tingling for awhile but it stopped. Now I can finally play as much as I have time for but I stop as often as needed to stretch and take breaks.

I think just taking time to stretch every hour would help prevent this in many cases. I know some jobs don't consider this but that's because they are behind the times.

Another note is I do take joint supplements for other issues that contain gelatin and similar so I'm not sure maybe those can help as well as Ol Argedco suggests? I also agree on the weight lifting theory from my experience. I now do more natural exercises like the yoga Lydia suggested as well as hiking and bicycling. I know others have suggested some Martial Arts for good workout alternatives, but personally I haven't had time to try yet.

Additionaly as an SS we can also speed our recovery with healing workings and positive affirmations. Even in my situation I stayed positive that my problem would heal and it did eventualy! So I think you can heal this and defeat it with the added benefits of being an SS, and maybe a lot faster as well!

Eric13 said:
Anyone know any info on this? I like to make the music for my fun, but have gotten carpel tunnel syndrome and can longer do that or damn near anything without much pain and swelling. All of my enjoying activities are over because of it. Weight lifting, music, my job.

I wish to solve this without surgery, but just wearing wrist braces doesn’t work. Will maybe try acupuncture soon. Don’t know much about it though.

I had a wrist issue and went to an acupuncturist. I got this from doing burpees too much. It definitely helped, along with energy and affirmations. Even the acupuncturist was surprised that it had worked so fast (2-3 sessions) and the symptoms had lessened.

Nick Vabzircnila said:
Eric13 said:

I had a wrist issue and went to an acupuncturist. I got this from doing burpees too much. It definitely helped, along with energy and affirmations. Even the acupuncturist was surprised that it had worked so fast (2-3 sessions) and the symptoms had lessened.
Interesting. And chiropractic adjustment has helped me much in the last couple of days.

The acupuncture point Pericardium-6 on the inside of the wrist, 2 thumb widths towards the elbow crook from the wrist crease and between the tendons of Palmaris Longus and Flexor Carpi Radialis is a direct path to the median nerve when pressed firmly.

Pressing this point can temporarily relieve pain in the area and also reduce swelling.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back