Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

My partner is in a lot pain during her periods

Purified666

Hello :)

As the title says, my partner gets in so much pain on her periods.

Her lower back hurts, she often gets cramps(almost every period), she's tired, etc
She says the first 2 days are the worst..

Is there anything that she can do to ease her pain?

Hey,

Sometimes I get very painful periods myself, wherein I do get back pain (to spinal pain), and I've used valerian tincture in the past to deal with that (relaxes the nervous system) because normal painkillers did absolutely nothing. (Note: Made the tincture myself, just used normal dose wish is like 15 drops*3 times a day, but I've also went 30 drops in a glass of water, once or twice a day depending on if I needed it and no more than that).

I also tend to keep my body warmer than usual because it lessens the pain too. I don't know what she uses. Some people prefer to cool it down.

Also, this is from the website HPS Shannon linked in another post, and it speaks about Don Quai.
http://sisterzeus.com/menprob.htm

It is not easy to figure out what exactly is wrong that causes it, and not every herb could work perfectly for one person, but I hope its at least useful in some way to you :).

Unless we're speaking about extreme pains.. like endometriosis...

There is a fair amount of information required to make a suitable recommendation..

How long are her cycles (in days)?

Are her cycles regular or irregular?

What is the nature of the pain? Is it bloating, aching, stabbing pain, something else?

Does anything make the pain better (hot showers etc)?

What is the volume of flow and the consistency of the flow? Are there clots? What is the colour?

Purified666 said:
Hello :)

As the title says, my partner gets in so much pain on her periods.

Her lower back hurts, she often gets cramps(almost every period), she's tired, etc
She says the first 2 days are the worst..

Is there anything that she can do to ease her pain?

Hello! We have topic about Menstruation and Hormones that can help you:
https://ancient-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=241

If you dont want to go the medication route a hot water bottle or heating pad will work well. In my case i used ice packs (weird i know) but they helped a lot. Otherwise ibuprofin and naproxen work. If its at the point where none of this works, she needs to see her obgyn. When ice and heat and pills stopped working for me i needed a laparoscopy and i had endometriosis.

Look into the negative effects of store-bought pads and tampons. They have chemicals that are absorbed up into the reproductive organs. Nearly every woman who switches to cloth reusable pads, experiences better cycles, less pain, less days menstruating (3-4 instead of 5-7, for example), and overall less PMS symptoms. Myself included, and other SS women who recommended cloth reusable pads a few years ago. I used to have long and heavy flows, and so much pain I couldn't move at times. Since switching, they are much better and hardly any cramps.

I bought mine from the link below. They seem pricey at first, but when you consider the amount of money spent each year on store-bought pads/tampons, these actually work out much cheaper in the long run. I've had mine for a few years and they are still in great condition. She can also look into making her own, there are videos online giving instructions. Read the link below anyway to understand more about them, and how to clean them properly.

http://www.moonpads.com.au/

Also, yoga and qigong help a lot :)

Centralforce666 said:
There is a fair amount of information required to make a suitable recommendation..

How long are her cycles (in days)?

Are her cycles regular or irregular?

What is the nature of the pain? Is it bloating, aching, stabbing pain, something else?

Does anything make the pain better (hot showers etc)?

What is the volume of flow and the consistency of the flow? Are there clots? What is the colour?

Okay, this is what she said:

1. Around 28 days.

2. They tend to be a bit irregularly. My cycle in November had 24 days while the last ones had around 26, 27 and 28 days.

3. It's usually aching in my lower back and a bit of a stabbing pain when I have really bad cramps.

4. Heat does, including hot showers.

5. The flow is pretty heavy during the first two or three days. My period usually lasts from four to five days. The colour is bright at the beginning and darkens close to the end. There aren't really a lot of clots. I rarely have them?

Melleeboo6667 said:
If you dont want to go the medication route a hot water bottle or heating pad will work well. In my case i used ice packs (weird i know) but they helped a lot. Otherwise ibuprofin and naproxen work. If its at the point where none of this works, she needs to see her obgyn. When ice and heat and pills stopped working for me i needed a laparoscopy and i had endometriosis.

She said that cold makes it much worse. As for the Ibuprofen, she said that it either gets rid of the pain or it doesn't do anything.

Does she have any issues with emotional discord?

Namely irritability and frustration during the period when the pain is the worst?

Lydia said:
Look into the negative effects of store-bought pads and tampons. They have chemicals that are absorbed up into the reproductive organs. Nearly every woman who switches to cloth reusable pads, experiences better cycles, less pain, less days menstruating (3-4 instead of 5-7, for example), and overall less PMS symptoms. Myself included, and other SS women who recommended cloth reusable pads a few years ago. I used to have long and heavy flows, and so much pain I couldn't move at times. Since switching, they are much better and hardly any cramps.

I bought mine from the link below. They seem pricey at first, but when you consider the amount of money spent each year on store-bought pads/tampons, these actually work out much cheaper in the long run. I've had mine for a few years and they are still in great condition. She can also look into making her own, there are videos online giving instructions. Read the link below anyway to understand more about them, and how to clean them properly.

Also, yoga and qigong help a lot :)

Thank you Lydia :)

We will look into it.

Centralforce666 said:

Namely irritability and frustration during the period when the pain is the worst?

Yes, she's definitely irritable and frustrated during that period when the pain is at it's height.

Don't know if it helps, but she also tends to have mood swings right before or during her periods.

Lydia said:

Also consider the environmental damage done:

"The environmental impact of this is vast. In 2010, Slate estimated that a woman averaging 20 tampons or pads per menstrual period burns through 250 to 300 pounds of products, applicators, and wrappers in a lifetime. Environmentalist blogs are quick to point out that those numbers don’t even begin to calculate the total impact of producing, shipping, and packaging all the those products."

From https://www.thedailybeast.com/save-the-planet-ditch-the-tampon

Purified666 said:
Centralforce666 said:

Yes, she's definitely irritable and frustrated during that period when the pain is at it's height.

Don't know if it helps, but she also tends to have mood swings right before or during her periods.

Dull ache indicates a dysfunction of qi and irritability inicates involvement of the liver.

Thus the problem is liver qi stagnation, worsened during menstruation.

The representative herbal formula to relieve this (and which can be taken in the lead up to menstruation) is Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan.

If she finds that this is too strong, or does not provide adequate relief, she can try Tao Hong Si Wu Wan, for moving and nourishing Liver blood.

Centralforce666 said:
Purified666 said:
Centralforce666 said:

Dull ache indicates a dysfunction of qi and irritability inicates involvement of the liver.

The representative herbal formula to relieve this (and which can be taken in the lead up to menstruation) is Chai Hu Shu Gan Wan.

If she finds that this is too strong, or does not provide adequate relief, she can try Tao Hong Si Wu Wan, for moving and nourishing Liver blood.

Thank you! :D

I just want to tell you that your help is greatly appreciated!

She thanks you as well :)

Centralforce666 said:
Purified666 said:
Centralforce666 said:

You're such a health Guru, brother. :)

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back