Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Recovery after exercise

Serpentine

What would you consider healthy recovery after running or exercising?

I ran for like a minute thirty seconds and my heart rate was at 181, since sitting down it’s taken me almost half an hour to get my heart rate down to 82 and my chest still feels tight.

Makes me feel like such a wimp, I want to increase my health and fight any crappy health placements, but I don’t want to hurt myself in the process.. maybe I should stick to walking?

I’m also doing a healing working for my ovaries at the moment can I do another working for overall health at the same time?

If you are unfit, then it may take some time to recover.. This will get better with time and consistency as your body adapts to it..

People don't usually measure their health & performance by their recovery time. Distance and time are the metrics you should be going by for runs. You can use military & police PFT score sheets to get an idea of how fit you are.

It sounds like you're coming from an unfit background. You don't want to push yourself too hard, too fast when it comes to exercise. You want a challenge but you also want to give your body and mind time to adapt to the new stresses you're putting it under and get a consistent routine going. If powerwalking or something like this is more doable but still challenging for you then try that for a while. Then try moving up to jogging or running when you feel ready. Tightness in the chest could be a sign that you're going too hard.

I wouldn't recommend doing healing workings for multiple things at one time since you could dilute the energies. An overly generalized working will also be rather diluted and probably won't have much of a noticeable effect.

It sounds like your heart is not used to physical activity. Build yourself up. Do some jogging in place at home, and when your heart starts to beat fast, stop and rest. Do this again an hour or two later. Do this daily, and slowly build up, and then try running. You should notice an improvement within a week or so :)

Don't ever feel guilty or ashamed about being who you are. That creates hangups that make it more difficult to progress. Instead, learn to recognise your weaknesses and understand yourself, so that you can work at your own pace and become stronger, solving issues instead of creating them.

Serpentine said:
What would you consider healthy recovery after running or exercising?

I ran for like a minute thirty seconds and my heart rate was at 181, since sitting down it’s taken me almost half an hour to get my heart rate down to 82 and my chest still feels tight.

Makes me feel like such a wimp, I want to increase my health and fight any crappy health placements, but I don’t want to hurt myself in the process.. maybe I should stick to walking?

I’m also doing a healing working for my ovaries at the moment can I do another working for overall health at the same time?

Yes, you can, but don't forget about your ovaries!

Thanks everyone for the replies!! I’ll be taking my time with exercising. (I got a bit paranoid since I haven’t experienced anything like that in a long time.

I’m also going to finish up my current workings before moving on to another, there’s a few specific things healthwise id like to work on and I’m thinking this would benefit from a working to increase athletics more than health.

Stormblood said:
Don't ever feel guilty or ashamed about being who you are. That creates hangups that make it more difficult to progress. Instead, learn to recognise your weaknesses and understand yourself, so that you can work at your own pace and become stronger, solving issues instead of creating them.

I needed to hear this, I’ve been beating myself up a lot, and making myself feel quite a bit worthless recently. So thank you for the reminder!!

It all starts with your food. It sounds like you may be overweight, if so: Switch to a ketogenic diet ASAP and step away from everything else till your weight is proper.

With exercise, set away some time to get your body used to physical activity everyday and use affirmations to your advantage.

Anything is possible if you believe.

Sero said:
It all starts with your food. It sounds like you may be overweight, if so: Switch to a ketogenic diet ASAP and step away from everything else till your weight is proper.

With exercise, set away some time to get your body used to physical activity everyday and use affirmations to your advantage.

no, ketogenic diet can go fuck herself

Aquarius said:
Sero said:

Long term ketogenic damages the body.
Sugars can be gotten from fruit and vegetables, additional spoon of honey here and there but nothing more. Keep all froms of refined sugar out of there.

Aquarius said:
Sero said:

I’m actually not over weight at all, I was very under weight from being vegan/vegetarian for long time, gained about a healthy 20 lbs since the beginning of this year ;) I think the vegan diet is what really did me in, stoped eating red meat at 9, went vegetarian at 13 and then vegan by 20. Full blown eat-whatever-I-wantatarian now.

I’ve heard awful things about the Keto diet though! I don’t understand what it is or what you do but be heard a lot of “it’s bad, don’t do it”

Aquarius said:
Sero said:

That would depend on his lifestyle, his location and his genetics. If you live in a cold country, for example, having more fats and proteins in your diet than carbohydrates is more natural. If one has an active lifestyle, fats are a better source of energy: they may be slow to give it you but they carry more energy and this energy lasts long; while carbs give you energy fast but it is also consumed faster. Choosing carbs over fats as a primary source of energy is like investing and getting 50 euros today, instead of waiting for tomorrow and getting 500. As far as genetics goes, I can't speak for it as I'm no expert.

On the other side of the badge, if one lives in a hot country, it's more natural to rely more on carbs, as nature provides more of that in hot countries. A good diet should rely on local, seasonal and organic products.

Serpentine said:
Stormblood said:

I needed to hear this, I’ve been beating myself up a lot, and making myself feel quite a bit worthless recently. So thank you for the reminder!!

Happy to help! A positive outlook toward yourself and life prevents everything from being harder than it needs to be.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back