Vegetable Garden

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.

Moderator: HPS Shannon

Truthseeker666

Vegetable Garden

Postby Truthseeker666 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 pm

So every year I have a vegetable garden in my backyard and I was wondering what would be the best plants to grow in the long run. I was thinking about how fertilizers affect the soil, and was thinking about the risk of using store bought fertilizer since I didn't know if stuff was put in that could be toxic to us. Long story short I don't put it behind kikes to try to poison foods we grow at home :oops: . So I'm wondering about plants that have a good nutritional value for better eating and can be good fertilizer once the plant is dead from the winter. I do use cow manure in my garden to start it off (actual fresh manure, not the store bought stuff :D ). I apologize if this is a seemly stupid question, but I want a good nutritional balance per say for the soil without using store bought stuff. I also grow peas, corn, carrots, and potatoes in my garden if that helps.

Thanks!

T.A.O.L.

Re: Vegetable Garden

Postby T.A.O.L. » Wed May 16, 2018 10:28 am

Hey, do you have some space left over to grow plants for this purpose?

Also, have you looked into combined growing of various plants?

I did buy a book last winter (its not english though) that talks about recipes for natural homemade insect repellant and the use of plant extracts on water to boost the plants immune system.
I can translate and post a bit of that if youre interested.
I do not have a lot of time at the moment though.
"Good nutrition is the key to wisdom"
~ Lydia is awesome :D ~
"Dont put on your skin what you can't eat"

Truth4ever

Postby Truth4ever » Thu May 17, 2018 5:53 am

hello. i've been reading on and off for a few years about gardening. i recommend looking up organic gardening online and at your local library. i have a good book called "The complete compost gardening guide" this would help you make great plant food ether inside or outside or both.
your library would be a great place to start and most books you want to own can be found on amazon. if you get different pots you can add more plants including tomatoes.
hope that helps!

Hail Satan

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 pm

If I may, try not to overwork the soil or it will become depleted of important nutrients and thus be on the same very low nutritional levels of commercial-grade products.

Truthseeker666

Postby Truthseeker666 » Thu May 17, 2018 6:59 pm

Yes I do have room for extra plants for this exact purpose. With the combined growing I am putting in chives around my potatoes and other plants to help with controlling insects. As for the book that would be great :D . If you want I can do the translating myself to make it easier for you.

Truthseeker666

Postby Truthseeker666 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm

i recommend looking up organic gardening online and at your local library. i have a good book called "The complete compost gardening guide" this would help you make great plant food ether inside or outside or both.

Thank you for the advise. I will look up the book you recommended. :D

T.A.O.L.

Postby T.A.O.L. » Fri May 18, 2018 7:02 am

Truthseeker666 wrote:Yes I do have room for extra plants for this exact purpose. With the combined growing I am putting in chives around my potatoes and other plants to help with controlling insects. As for the book that would be great :D . If you want I can do the translating myself to make it easier for you.

Thing is with translating from my language to english and the other way around, is the sentence order. Aside from that there are words that may be translated with the wrong meaning.
I would appreciate the help but that means Id have to take pictures of the book.
"Good nutrition is the key to wisdom"
~ Lydia is awesome :D ~
"Dont put on your skin what you can't eat"

Truthseeker666

Postby Truthseeker666 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:12 am

Stormblood wrote:If I may, try not to overwork the soil or it will become depleted of important nutrients and thus be on the same very low nutritional levels of commercial-grade products.

Definitely. I know that over working the soil is really not a good thing to do especially in the long run. The dirty thirties are definitely an example what happens if you do :? .

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Tue May 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Traditional faring practices used a 4 plot rotation system.. Meaning that the plot only had crops in it once every 4 years..

The other three years are for rest, compost and aerating the soil..

Manure, household compost and other semi-rotten vegetable matters, blood and bone etc. fertilisers are better than those which are various mineral nitrates (ammonium nitrate etc.).

The nitrates create plants which grow quickly and get to quite a size but with low nutritional value (particularly as land plots are used every year for a crop).

Organic material feeds the soil which feeds the plants.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war