What diet and exercise for gaining muscle?

For Discussion about Health, Well-being, Traditional Remedies, and much more.

Moderator: HPS Shannon

Ol argedco luciftias

What diet and exercise for gaining muscle?

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:28 am

I used to eat only carbs and some cheese with almost no protein. This made me very fat, so I switched to just drinking a lot of water and multivitamin everyday and I lost about 45 pounds, about all of the fat but some muscle too. This left me very skinny, a lot of people said too skinny but I didn't have my ribs or back bones sticking out like what I consider to be too skinny. But I did agree that I need more muscle. This was all simply to remove the fat. Since then, I have been eating a lot more protein and I regained about 6 pounds in the last about 5 months. A lot of it was muscle, and I think I also have the right amount of fat now for my race and the season; nordic whites need a medium pile of fat over the gut especially in the winter. Doesn't look unattractive or too much, but can't have too little.

I eat almost only protein now. Almost every day now I eat 5-9 eggs or about a pound of salmon always with black beans and coconut oil and often all 3 together with smaller amounts of each. With the eggs, I always do about half full ones and half without the yolk. I use coconut oil in everything that I cook in a pan and I usually use a lot extra because that is the healthiest oil there is for our nervous system which is all made from fat. I also eat a lot of cheese most days. From cows never goats if that makes any difference. Sometimes I eat yogurt that is one of the brands that's thick with very little water in it, but that is much more rare for me. My thinking is that having all these different kinds of protein together is the healthiest way because they all have different sets of amino acids, so all three should have all of them or close. The eggs, salmon, and black bean mix I started probably about a month ago, and this is the greatest improvement I have had with gaining muscle and weight. I don't go out of my way to exercise but I don't avoid it either. I take a multivitamin pretty often, not every day, and I supplement that with other individual vitamins often, but from what Maxine has been writing recently, it seems like vitamins are very complicated and I'm probably doing it wrong. I've never been anemic, but I would like to increase the amount of oxygen in my blood as much as I can. I've read the posts saying H2O2 and that seems like a good idea. I also have a bunch of dark molasses that I got recently. I've heard that eating plain dark molasses helps with this because it has a lot of iron in a very usable form, but I haven't tried it yet.

Basically, my main goals are gaining muscle and carrying more oxygen in my blood. :D
Heil Sanat Kumara! Heil Lerajie! Heil all of the Eternal Gods of Duat! :mrgreen:

Click my link: :D https://mega.nz/#F!vsVhBQbK!4_NoFzwxnmi5Q2ZW3JE86A
Take a look, I know you'll find something in here to help you! :P I JUST ADDED MORE!

Stormblood

Re: What diet and exercise for gaining muscle?

Postby Stormblood » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 pm

Are you insane? Do you want to destroy your body?

A human body needs all of the macronutrients (carbs, fats and proteins) and all of the micronutrients (minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, fibres). By not eating protein in your first attempt, you didn't give your body the means to build muscles and neither to repair them. You also probably slow down your healing capacity overall. The second attempt seems even more insane. How many times did you faint by taking only water and vitamins? Are you bluffing? Who knows how many hangups what you claim to have done has generated in your soul!

With your weight and fat the point is very simple: eat less than what you need if you want to lose fat, eat more if you want to gain muscle. But you should eat everything. The amount of protein one's body needs is about 1 gram for every kilogram of bodyweight. Eating more is too much unless you are trying to gain muscles. Then you can eat something like 20% more than the maintenance, but no more than. Eating more yields no benefit at all. Eat less and you will lose muscle and have all kinds of complications.

Eggs contain a lot of fats. While not being bad per se, you are probably eating a lot of fats, which is good only if you leave in Scandinavia or more north than that and the same in the opposite side of the globe. Eating eggs without the yolk makes no sense, unlike most bro science would lead you to believe. The most of the nutrients are in the yolk. You can safely discard the white, but the yolk is the part to be eaten. Is your coconut oil extra-virgin and cold-pressed? That is the only healthy kind of coconut oil. Cheese is also mostly fat. There is a difference between goat and cow cheese, but I haven't studied it yet. Maybe someone else will point that out.

Muscle is gained through food, exercise and physical labour. I don't know how much you exercise, but if you don't exercise much you're not going to gain any muscle.

The best way I found to calculate body fat is through this calculator: https://damnripped.com/body-fat-calculator/ I don't know whether you use a body calliper or a measuring tape. You can input either and I suggest you select all formula for the calculations. Then you take the average. It seems most sensible. From that, you can calculate how much calories you need to maintain your weight. You can do that with whatever software or formula you prefer. In the last two months, I use this calculator: https://damnripped.com/tdee-calculator/ Once you know that, you can decide how much more you need to eat. You shouldn't go higher than 20% or you will gain a lot of fat. Better safe than sorry and wasting time later to lose it.

Bodyweight exercises/callisthenics are the best for gaining functional muscles. To be honest, you can gain muscle in the gym as well, but gym machines should appeal to you only if you are interested in appearance. In fact, what you gain in the gym is not transferable to real life skills and situations. Crossfit exercises are semi-transferable. Training for soldiers, in fact, is done without any gym equipment. The weight they come to use sometimes is their heavy backpack when they go hiking or their weapons they have to carry when they march.

A good bodyweight beginner programme is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitn ... ed_routine It is scalable, which means you can raise the difficulty by choosing a more difficult progression of an exercise. It would also be a good idea to run at least once a week: you can do either sprints or a steady run or both. Finally, stretching and mobility exercises are essential to improve your range of motion and be able to use more of your strength. Not to mention that by working on your knees, you will have less of a strain after you run. After sometimes, the risk of injury might as well disappear. Don't believe whoever tells you not to run or to take it easy in some way, because the human body is not conceived for laziness. It is also not conceived for overtraining, so be careful to find some measure of balance between doing too little and doing too much. If you don't train your muscles, they go away. If you don't train, you won't gain any muscles, other than the ones your body needs to carry out daily activities (i.e. your job, household chores, etc.)

Finally, a recent reading I appreciated lately was this book: http://docdro.id/q4QONnL (only the nutrition part, not so much the training part).
Quotes | Final RTR | How to Obliterate Saturn | Protective Sorcery | Books to find
I won't entertain any argument any longer.

Ol argedco luciftias

Postby Ol argedco luciftias » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Thank you! I did eat some protein then, just not enough. It was before I was a Satanist, so I didn't have my intuition guiding me to be better. And I was exaggerating when I said I didn't eat anything. I just ate very little. I am better now and my soul is very bright and strong. I do use virgin and cold-pressed coconut oil. When the ground isn't icy I often sprint a 1/4 mile as fast as I can and I do as many pullups as I can whenever I am somewhere with a pullup bar. I do the pullups with my hands both ways back and front and sometimes with a heavy backpack on. I also split and carry a lot of wood. I completely trust my intuition now and just eat whatever I feel like I should, and it is by far the healthiest I have ever been.
Heil Sanat Kumara! Heil Lerajie! Heil all of the Eternal Gods of Duat! :mrgreen:

Click my link: :D https://mega.nz/#F!vsVhBQbK!4_NoFzwxnmi5Q2ZW3JE86A
Take a look, I know you'll find something in here to help you! :P I JUST ADDED MORE!

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Food alone will not necessarily help you build muscle.

You need to work your muscles to promote growth of the fibres.

Carbohydrates and fiber are essential for proper gut health and neglecting these in favour of protein may lead to constipation and other gut issues.

It sounds like you have enough healthy fats and proteins, now you may like to introduce some carbs and fibrous products such as fruits to your diet.

Oxygen in your blood comes from healthy red blood cell production which is actually stimulated by mild hypoxia.. As is achieved at the height of an intense cardio workout or training in thin air.. H2O2 will provide a temporary oxygen high at best as it has no erythropoietic properties.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:31 am

Liquid chlorophyll can also help in having more oxygen.
Quotes | Final RTR | How to Obliterate Saturn | Protective Sorcery | Books to find

Centralforce666

Postby Centralforce666 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Stormblood wrote:Liquid chlorophyll can also help in having more oxygen.

Liquid chlorophyll is a source of iron which helps red blood cells carry oxygen which is why it has this benefit.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

If you want a peaceful life, prepare for war

victory666

Postby victory666 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Arginine AKG is an excellent supplement that delivers needed oxygen to blood and muscles for protein synthesis.
Check out this informative article.

https://nootriment.com/arginine-alpha-ketoglutarate/.

Stay strong, especially spiritually, and Hail Satan

luis

Postby luis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 am

Stormblood wrote:Are you insane? Do you want to destroy your body?

A human body needs all of the macronutrients (carbs, fats and proteins) and all of the micronutrients (minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, fibres). By not eating protein in your first attempt, you didn't give your body the means to build muscles and neither to repair them. You also probably slow down your healing capacity overall. The second attempt seems even more insane. How many times did you faint by taking only water and vitamins? Are you bluffing? Who knows how many hangups what you claim to have done has generated in your soul!

With your weight and fat the point is very simple: eat less than what you need if you want to lose fat, eat more if you want to gain muscle. But you should eat everything. The amount of protein one's body needs is about 1 gram for every kilogram of bodyweight. Eating more is too much unless you are trying to gain muscles. Then you can eat something like 20% more than the maintenance, but no more than. Eating more yields no benefit at all. Eat less and you will lose muscle and have all kinds of complications.

Eggs contain a lot of fats. While not being bad per se, you are probably eating a lot of fats, which is good only if you leave in Scandinavia or more north than that and the same in the opposite side of the globe. Eating eggs without the yolk makes no sense, unlike most bro science would lead you to believe. The most of the nutrients are in the yolk. You can safely discard the white, but the yolk is the part to be eaten. Is your coconut oil extra-virgin and cold-pressed? That is the only healthy kind of coconut oil. Cheese is also mostly fat. There is a difference between goat and cow cheese, but I haven't studied it yet. Maybe someone else will point that out.

Muscle is gained through food, exercise and physical labour. I don't know how much you exercise, but if you don't exercise much you're not going to gain any muscle.

The best way I found to calculate body fat is through this calculator: https://damnripped.com/body-fat-calculator/ I don't know whether you use a body calliper or a measuring tape. You can input either and I suggest you select all formula for the calculations. Then you take the average. It seems most sensible. From that, you can calculate how much calories you need to maintain your weight. You can do that with whatever software or formula you prefer. In the last two months, I use this calculator: https://damnripped.com/tdee-calculator/ Once you know that, you can decide how much more you need to eat. You shouldn't go higher than 20% or you will gain a lot of fat. Better safe than sorry and wasting time later to lose it.

Bodyweight exercises/callisthenics are the best for gaining functional muscles. To be honest, you can gain muscle in the gym as well, but gym machines should appeal to you only if you are interested in appearance. In fact, what you gain in the gym is not transferable to real life skills and situations. Crossfit exercises are semi-transferable. Training for soldiers, in fact, is done without any gym equipment. The weight they come to use sometimes is their heavy backpack when they go hiking or their weapons they have to carry when they march.

A good bodyweight beginner programme is this: https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitn ... ed_routine It is scalable, which means you can raise the difficulty by choosing a more difficult progression of an exercise. It would also be a good idea to run at least once a week: you can do either sprints or a steady run or both. Finally, stretching and mobility exercises are essential to improve your range of motion and be able to use more of your strength. Not to mention that by working on your knees, you will have less of a strain after you run. After sometimes, the risk of injury might as well disappear. Don't believe whoever tells you not to run or to take it easy in some way, because the human body is not conceived for laziness. It is also not conceived for overtraining, so be careful to find some measure of balance between doing too little and doing too much. If you don't train your muscles, they go away. If you don't train, you won't gain any muscles, other than the ones your body needs to carry out daily activities (i.e. your job, household chores, etc.)

Finally, a recent reading I appreciated lately was this book: http://docdro.id/q4QONnL (only the nutrition part, not so much the training part).

Stormblood you know as a spiritual satanist we already do a lot in a day, to me what i do It take like 3-4 hours and the rest of the day i have things to do, what do you think? Is there something for someone like me that have little to no time? Or is impossible? I can take 15 minutes in a day but an hour is really too long for now.. :(

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:14 pm

luis wrote:

Stormblood you know as a spiritual satanist we already do a lot in a day, to me what i do It take like 3-4 hours and the rest of the day i have things to do, what do you think? Is there something for someone like me that have little to no time? Or is impossible? I can take 15 minutes in a day but an hour is really too long for now.. :(
then keep doing hatha yoga and kundalini yoga, I think they are the best for everything, use calisthenics if you want to achieve the strength yoga doesent give you if you feel like needing it.

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Aquarius wrote:
luis wrote:Stormblood you know as a spiritual satanist we already do a lot in a day, to me what I do It take like 3-4 hours and the rest of the day I have things to do, what do you think? Is there something for someone like me that have little to no time? Or is impossible? I can take 15 minutes in a day but an hour is really too long for now.. :(
then keep doing hatha yoga and kundalini yoga, I think they are the best for everything, use callisthenics if you want to achieve the strength yoga doesn't give you if you feel like needing it.

I'm not qualified for teaching physical training. What I share is my experience and what personal studies have led me to. Consider this when you read my contributions.

That being said, I stand with Aquarius's advice: keep doing yoga and Falun Dafa, if you that (it's marvellous). Take in mind that Mr Sommer's programmes (Gymnastic Bodies) take little time if properly paced during the week but they're not for everyone. Past a certain level, they become pretty difficult. Hence why the instructor puts a lot of emphasis on mastering the previous levels and even more emphasis on the mobility exercises associated with the movements you get to learn.

I suggest you read Building the Gymnastic Body by Christopher Sommer and Overcoming Gravity by someone else if you want to learn how to craft your own routine and about levers and progressions, so you never need to buy any extra weight (or a subscription to the gym) to keep improving.

This short book also opens your mind to another way of training: isometrics. https://www.docdroid.net/0J3S10z/shaolinisometrics.pdf

luis

Postby luis » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Aquarius wrote:
luis wrote:

then keep doing hatha yoga and kundalini yoga, I think they are the best for everything, use calisthenics if you want to achieve the strength yoga doesent give you if you feel like needing it.

Yes, yoga helped me to make my body better but i want some more muscle, the problem is time, do you think 15 minutes 3 times a week could be good? I mean i could skip the warm up because i already do yoga... right?

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:25 am

luis wrote:
Aquarius wrote:
luis wrote:

Yes, yoga helped me to make my body better but i want some more muscle, the problem is time, do you think 15 minutes 3 times a week could be good? I mean i could skip the warm up because i already do yoga... right?

Honestly, I don't know. You could warm up with kundalini yoga and cool down with hatha yoga.

Aquarius

Postby Aquarius » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 am

luis wrote:
Aquarius wrote:
luis wrote:

you wouldnt do much in 15 minutes. Prioritize your time for things that are more important.

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Or wake up earlier so you have more time. If you really want to do something, you will find out the time even on a crumbled schedule.

Astardastar

Postby Astardastar » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:24 pm

Ol argedco luciftias wrote:I used to eat only carbs and some cheese with almost no protein. This made me very fat, so I switched to just drinking a lot of water and multivitamin everyday and I lost about 45 pounds, about all of the fat but some muscle too. This left me very skinny, a lot of people said too skinny but I didn't have my ribs or back bones sticking out like what I consider to be too skinny. But I did agree that I need more muscle. This was all simply to remove the fat. Since then, I have been eating a lot more protein and I regained about 6 pounds in the last about 5 months. A lot of it was muscle, and I think I also have the right amount of fat now for my race and the season; nordic whites need a medium pile of fat over the gut especially in the winter. Doesn't look unattractive or too much, but can't have too little.

I eat almost only protein now. Almost every day now I eat 5-9 eggs or about a pound of salmon always with black beans and coconut oil and often all 3 together with smaller amounts of each. With the eggs, I always do about half full ones and half without the yolk. I use coconut oil in everything that I cook in a pan and I usually use a lot extra because that is the healthiest oil there is for our nervous system which is all made from fat. I also eat a lot of cheese most days. From cows never goats if that makes any difference. Sometimes I eat yogurt that is one of the brands that's thick with very little water in it, but that is much more rare for me. My thinking is that having all these different kinds of protein together is the healthiest way because they all have different sets of amino acids, so all three should have all of them or close. The eggs, salmon, and black bean mix I started probably about a month ago, and this is the greatest improvement I have had with gaining muscle and weight. I don't go out of my way to exercise but I don't avoid it either. I take a multivitamin pretty often, not every day, and I supplement that with other individual vitamins often, but from what Maxine has been writing recently, it seems like vitamins are very complicated and I'm probably doing it wrong. I've never been anemic, but I would like to increase the amount of oxygen in my blood as much as I can. I've read the posts saying H2O2 and that seems like a good idea. I also have a bunch of dark molasses that I got recently. I've heard that eating plain dark molasses helps with this because it has a lot of iron in a very usable form, but I haven't tried it yet.

Basically, my main goals are gaining muscle and carrying more oxygen in my blood. :D

What you need, is not just to gain muscles and increase oxygen in your blood, but first to be healthy, right?
Healthy body= attractive.
Just you myst have in mind that nothing good comes soooooooo quickly so you day by day have to rebuilt your body and if you do slowly the results will be good. You better go and ask a person to tell you what diet you need. Stay far from anyone and anything promisses you quick results for most possible is a crook.
Eat healthy and exercise and you'll have sure resultas big as your efford.
Good luck!

luis

Postby luis » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Stormblood wrote:Or wake up earlier so you have more time. If you really want to do something, you will find out the time even on a crumbled schedule.

Thanks to both! I'll see what i can do!

Stormblood

Postby Stormblood » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:03 am

I didn't know where to ask this and I didn't want to open another topic.

I'd be interested in hearing the experience of people who have practiced tacfit for at least three months. Is there anyone here who has done that?