Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cat spraying everywhere

Larissa666

So, yeah. Basically what title says. I am really losing patience, I have to clean after him multiple times per day.

And this isn’t normal urination, he is actually spraying from under his tail, I know there are some glands there which are responsible for this.

I looked online and people say he is either stressed out or marking his territory. I do not believe he is stressed out by anything, but he does occasionally hear some cats meowing outside, I am wondering if he is marking territory around to let them know “hey, I am here”.

If that is the case, I have no other option than to let him out.

Thank you in advance, everyone.

Larissa666 said:
So, yeah. Basically what title says. I am really losing patience, I have to clean after him multiple times per day.

And this isn’t normal urination, he is actually spraying from under his tail, I know there are some glands there which are responsible for this.

I looked online and people say he is either stressed out or marking his territory. I do not believe he is stressed out by anything, but he does occasionally hear some cats meowing outside, I am wondering if he is marking territory around to let them know “hey, I am here”.

I had a cat once in NL that we fixed way to late and as a result still always ended up spraying. He even inspired the other 2 already long time neutered cats to do it also. We eventually had to send him to someone on a farm. I definitely think its a territory thing. We did find something called feliway that worked really good, but it was expensive. As soon as it ran out he was spraying again. What basically needs to happen is you have to catify your house. Put things familiar and comfortable for him with pheromones on it or that already have his smell were he normally sees the other cats or hears them at a particular window or door and maybe he will feel better.

Funnily enough during yule, i got my cat i have now a lil' crinkly mat, toys and some catnip. He sat on that crinkly mat and wouldn't move. My spraying catnip on it and giving him treats on it eventually inspired him to try to piss on it lmao :lol:
i don't know why, but maybe he thought it was a second cat box or something. So yeah i woudn't use catnip either.

Shadowcat said:
Larissa666 said:

I had a cat once in NL that we fixed way to late and as a result still always ended up spraying. He even inspired the other 2 already long time neutered cats to do it also. We eventually had to send him to someone on a farm. I definitely think its a territory thing. We did find something called feliway that worked really good, but it was expensive. As soon as it ran out he was spraying again. What basically needs to happen is you have to catify your house. Put things familiar and comfortable for him with pheromones on it or that already have his smell were he normally sees the other cats or hears them at a particular window or door and maybe he will feel better.

Funnily enough during yule, i got my cat i have now a lil' crinkly mat, toys and some catnip. He sat on that crinkly mat and wouldn't move. My spraying catnip on it and giving him treats on it eventually inspired him to try to piss on it lmao :lol:
i don't know why, but maybe he thought it was a second cat box or something. So yeah i woudn't use catnip either.

Thank you, Sister. Situation has changed from the time I wrote this. Now he isn’t doing that thing anymore, but he had some urinary problems, he strained a lot while peeing. He would pee like several times per day and it would be just a few drops. He was very lethargic, and you could tell from a mile away he just felt bad both physically and mentally.

Now his condition has improved. He really worried me, I had to call the vet, he gave me some meds and told me to change his diet. No more dry food for him.

Larissa666 said:
Shadowcat said:
Larissa666 said:

Thank you, Sister. Situation has changed from the time I wrote this. Now he isn’t doing that thing anymore, but he had some urinary problems, he strained a lot while peeing. He would pee like several times per day and it would be just a few drops. He was very lethargic, and you could tell from a mile away he just felt bad both physically and mentally.

Now his condition has improved. He really worried me, I had to call the vet, he gave me some meds and told me to change his diet. No more dry food for him.

Thats right illness can cause it too, not sure why i didnt list that one. At worst it could be kidney stones or a UTI or other. Glad to see it was temporary in this case. Poor tiny fluff ball :(. Snuggle him with green energy and hold him to your heart chakra <3. I hear that is best for healing familiars vs the hands also just clean your aura before and after. Just now i got an image of a greyish brown tabby cat. Maybe he was yours :lol:

Larissa666 said:
Shadowcat said:
Larissa666 said:

My cat did the same and it was the same problem. I do still give her dry food but I make sure she drinks a lot of water, I have to change water multiple times per day, cats do not like stagnant water and so they do not drink it if they see that its not fresh. Cats in nature usually takes their water from the food they eat.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back