Why do cats stare at people

Pet Care. Discussion of topics in relation to animals. Animal care information exchange/support. Support for Animal Rights.

Lilith is the Patron Goddess for this group. She asked that this group be opened. Lilith loves animals and is very strong in support for ethical treatment of animals and for animal rights. All of our Gods love animals, and many have chosen certain animals as their symbol to represent them, such as Satan, the peacock, the serpent; Lilith, the owl; Horus, the falcon; Anubis, the jackal and dogs. Animals are sacred in Satanism.

This group is for Joy of Satan members who have pets, and who care for animals. Satanism is living in harmony with nature and having respect for other creatures that inhabit this planet, along with respect and care for the environment.

This is a support group for assisting with knowledge in regards to animal nutrition, proper care and for animal rights.
Enki4ever

Why do cats stare at people

Post by Enki4ever »

A lot of times when I'm doing nothing maybe just looking at things online my cat will get up on a perch or dresser and just stare at me. Sometimes he will stare at me from a spot on the floor. This odd unblinking stare. He cuddles with me often and purrs and all those wonderful things but why the long stare?
Sometimes it seems as if he is seeing something but I have no clue what. He doesn't stare at corners that I know of and he has no problems being next to me when I do the RTRs- i try to keep the energies away from him just in case-. So any ideas?

Hail Father Satan
Shael

Re: Why do cats stare at people

Post by Shael »

Enki4ever wrote:...
He's thinking about eating your soul of course.

No but seriously, cats just observe people sometimes, it's nothing strange. Not all cats randomly see astral entities either or anything like that, so I wouldn't jump to any crazy conclusions. He most likely stares at you because he is bored and feels like observing you, that's all.
'Do not do anything useless.'
-Miyamoto Musashi
Shadowcat

Re: Why do cats stare at people

Post by Shadowcat »

Enki4ever wrote:A lot of times when I'm doing nothing maybe just looking at things online my cat will get up on a perch or dresser and just stare at me. Sometimes he will stare at me from a spot on the floor. This odd unblinking stare. He cuddles with me often and purrs and all those wonderful things but why the long stare?
Sometimes it seems as if he is seeing something but I have no clue what. He doesn't stare at corners that I know of and he has no problems being next to me when I do the RTRs- i try to keep the energies away from him just in case-. So any ideas?

Hail Father Satan
He could be seeing something but its most likely just a cats curiosity..or adoration. Look at his eyes next time he does that. are they wide open are partially closed and relaxed? wide open can mean he feels playful and the latter can mean he is basically smiling at you because he loves you..this will be especially evident if you see him blink at you slowly. it can also mean he is hoping for or expecting something, but here he will usually trill or start meowing at you. if you are sitting at the table eating and he is looking up that way from the floor its pretty evident on what hes hoping for :lol: