Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Cherry eye in rescue dog

Imberish

I just picked up a rescue bulldog that has a bad cherry eye but the soonest the vet had an opening is in the middle of december. The people who had her before never took care of her and let their bigger dog attack her. Is there anything I can do to help with the discomfort of her eye until I get to take her into the vet? She is 8 years old and very loving but needs a lot of help and I want to give her the best I can.

Hi Imberish,
Here is an at home treatment that you might want to try. It's a little lengthy so scroll down to the area where the author shows how to massage the dog's eye .
Hope all is well with you and your rescued friend.
https://www.oldtownhome.com/2013/6/20/An-Easy-Home-Cure-Cherry-Eye-Remedy/

Hail Father Satan

She is doing a lot better after being here a few days. She is getting along well with my other two rescues, a 3 year old husky and a 7 year old lab/chihuahua mix. My cats don't know what to think about her yet as she is a loud breather as her bread usually is. I've been keeping her clean and putting a warm compress on her bad eye and the swelling of the cherry eye is slowly going down but she is completely blind in that eye and I've learned that she is also deaf. Because of her age I don't think she could go through the surgery to have it fixed or be spayed but will get the vets opinion on it. The rescue group only told me of her situation she was in and advised me to give her a good rest of her life as when I got her she didn't move just lied there and they didn't expect her to make it much longer. She is now up running around and learning how to dog again so i'm hoping for the best and for her to have a few more happy years.

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back