Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Dog keeps coughing

BlueLight

My dog has been coughing violently for the past two days. Almost like he's choking - but he isn't. Mom thinks he might've eaten some nuts, the ones with really a really hard shell. We have a tree in our yard. Our other dog likes eating them but nothing happened to her.

He can breathe and he drinks well. He has some problems eating hard food tho. And he can't bark. I've been focusing healing energy on him, but I don't know how fast I'll see some results.

I would take him to the vet, but we don't really have one in my village. And there's no way my family will agree to take him to a vet in a nearby city.

I tried looking into his mouth but I couldn't see anything and it's really hard to do so. He doesn't let me open his jaws.

Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

Hard to tell without extra info or visual data. Age? Activity level/changes in behavior? Any other signs of illness? Sounds like some congestion in his respiratory pathways. If he is just laying around and not doing much, he is likely sick. It is another question as to the cause, as it could be illness due to exogenous or endogenous sources.

My advice is to let him rest and don't both feeding him, it sounds like he isn't hungry anyway. As far as diet during illness goes, it is best to let the organism retain all energy for healing, as opposed to having to split between digesting food. He will be sufficiently nourished for a while, regardless, so a minor fast (maybe 3-5 days, depending on recovery) won't be an issue.

It is possible it is a nut fragment or something, or it could be mucus from illness. You won't be able to find the nut fragment if it is irritating his lungs/esophagus, or any other tissue that would provoke a coughing response, anyway.

As a side note, dry food makes for poor pet feed, both for dogs and cats. Usually it contains too many carbs and has been heated to the point of denaturing a lot of protein and vitamins/minerals, making for a pretty shit meal. Unfortunately, the better foods usually cost more.

Your dog needs a homeopathy medicine called silicea. Try that out first if you can not go to a vet. Silicea 200. Silicea is known for removing foreign body from patient slowly and gradually.

https://hompath.com/blog/homeopathy-animals/

I would recommend silicea 200 dilution which means silicea 200 drops rather than the pellets as dilutions work better.
Otherwise you may need a xray and all that.

Blitzkreig said:
Hard to tell without extra info or visual data. Age? Activity level/changes in behavior? Any other signs of illness? Sounds like some congestion in his respiratory pathways. If he is just laying around and not doing much, he is likely sick. It is another question as to the cause, as it could be illness due to exogenous or endogenous sources.

My advice is to let him rest and don't both feeding him, it sounds like he isn't hungry anyway. As far as diet during illness goes, it is best to let the organism retain all energy for healing, as opposed to having to split between digesting food. He will be sufficiently nourished for a while, regardless, so a minor fast (maybe 3-5 days, depending on recovery) won't be an issue.

It is possible it is a nut fragment or something, or it could be mucus from illness. You won't be able to find the nut fragment if it is irritating his lungs/esophagus, or any other tissue that would provoke a coughing response, anyway.

As a side note, dry food makes for poor pet feed, both for dogs and cats. Usually it contains too many carbs and has been heated to the point of denaturing a lot of protein and vitamins/minerals, making for a pretty shit meal. Unfortunately, the better foods usually cost more.

We do have a pretty diverse diet for our dogs.The dry food is something we give them occasionally or other food.

He is around five or six years old. We think it might be a nut fragment because he did eat some . But I find it weird how he, a much bigger dog than our girl - who keeps eating these nuts whenever she can, as our tree is relatively close to her - suffered this. When she has absolutely no problem with the nuts.

We've had very cold weather these days and I'm worried it's something linked to that.

I'll try your method and see if he feels better. Thank you!

anonymous666 said:
Your dog needs a homeopathy medicine called silicea. Try that out first if you can not go to a vet. Silicea 200. Silicea is known for removing foreign body from patient slowly and gradually.

I would recommend silicea 200 dilution which means silicea 200 drops rather than the pellets as dilutions work better.

I know. But there's no way I would convince my family to take him to a near city for it. We live in a village and it takes quite some money and effort to get to a city vet. I'll check out the medicine and see where I can find it here.

Thank you!

BlueLight said:
anonymous666 said:

I know. But there's no way I would convince my family to take him to a near city for it. We live in a village and it takes quite some money and effort to get to a city vet. I'll check out the medicine and see where I can find it here.

Thank you!
You might want to program their aura to make them accept to bring him to the city

Aquarius said:
BlueLight said:
anonymous666 said:

Thank you!
You might want to program their aura to make them accept to bring him to the city

Right now I'm focusing on healing my dog. If things are getting worse I'll definitely do that. Or I might start with it now, in case things aren't getting better.

Fortunately, I can stay home for a few more days instead of being at the uni since we officially start on the 1st of October.

Measure her temperature if it is too high(over 38) then it is must be pneumonia. Then your dog does need antibiotics soon as possible, If you can not go to vet try to find somebody ( your friend or neighbors) who was sick not long time ago, maybe they have some antibiotics left. You can use antibiotics for humans, it does not have to be spesial tablets for animals, just give him half of tablet at the time. The best would be Penicillin group antibiotics. I know it is not the best advice you could get, but if you can not get help from vet and your dog condition is bad you should try that. But only if dogs temperature is too high

Marella said:
Measure her temperature if it is too high(over 38) then it is must be pneumonia. Then your dog does need antibiotics soon as possible, If you can not go to vet try to find somebody ( your friend or neighbors) who was sick not long time ago, maybe they have some antibiotics left. You can use antibiotics for humans, it does not have to be spesial tablets for animals, just give him half of tablet at the time. The best would be Penicillin group antibiotics. I know it is not the best advice you could get, but if you can not get help from vet and your dog condition is bad you should try that. But only if dogs temperature is too high

He doesn't seem to have a fever. And his situation hasn't gotten worse. I think he's actually getting better. Thank you for your suggestions! I didn't know that most antibiotics for humans are good for dogs as well. I'll definitely do some more research on it.

BlueLight said:
Blitzkreig said:

We do have a pretty diverse diet for our dogs.The dry food is something we give them occasionally or other food.

He is around five or six years old. We think it might be a nut fragment because he did eat some . But I find it weird how he, a much bigger dog than our girl - who keeps eating these nuts whenever she can, as our tree is relatively close to her - suffered this. When she has absolutely no problem with the nuts.

We've had very cold weather these days and I'm worried it's something linked to that.

I'll try your method and see if he feels better. Thank you!

Cold weather shouldn't do anything negative towards health. It is kind of a misconception that cold temperature will result in poor health. In reality, most people get sick during the cold season because the cold restricts their exposure to fresh air and sunlight, which are two components of health.

Blitzkreig said:
Cold weather shouldn't do anything negative towards health. It is kind of a misconception that cold temperature will result in poor health. In reality, most people get sick during the cold season because the cold restricts their exposure to fresh air and sunlight, which are two components of health.
...said some guy on reddit.

The effects of cold seasons on illness rates are way too high to just push to "lack of fresh air and sunlight". Anyone with the capacity for logic should realize this. "Oh yeah, illness rates are like twice as high now but that's just because people don't go outside as much". It could play into it, but the percentage that this affects things would bring maybe a 5% increase, which isn't nearly as drastic as the actual increase that is seen during the colder seasons.

I come with good news. My dog is doing better!

He still has problems but now it sounds as if it's just a sore throat. And he can bark again.

He is also much more active, just the way he was before. And he eats well.

Thank you for all the help!

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back