Welcome to our New Forums!

Our forums have been upgraded and expanded!

Welcome to Our New Forums

• Our forums have been upgraded! You can read about this HERE

Advice from any South African dog owners

BoRn of fire

Hey guys I ask for South African as I assume the dog food brands etc sold here are not the same as that of other nations like the USA correct me if I'm wrong anyway is there any safe and healthy dog pellet brands that arnt harmful here in sa ??

BoRn of fire said:
Hey guys I ask for South African as I assume the dog food brands etc sold here are not the same as that of other nations like the USA correct me if I'm wrong anyway is there any safe and healthy dog pellet brands that arnt harmful here in sa ??

What dog food brands are you using now?

HPS Shannon said:
BoRn of fire said:

Hi hps None at the moment we've been feeding him what we eat but I just want to try something different to make sure he is getn what he needs ... Are dog pellets safe ?

BoRn of fire said:
HPS Shannon said:
BoRn of fire said:

Hi hps None at the moment we've been feeding him what we eat but I just want to try something different to make sure he is getn what he needs ... Are dog pellets safe ?

Well, you would have to search in your area and online for certain dog food brands and ones that can be shipped from USA or within South Africa. If money is an issue, you can make his dog food. There are pleny of dog food recipes online. Just type in "homemade dog food recipe".

Pellets or dry kibble is not the best form for your pets. Cats and dogs should be eating whole food from meat sources.Some Vegetables can be added too. But of course, stick to dry food if you have no choice.

I hope this helps.

HPS Shannon said:
BoRn of fire said:
HPS Shannon said:

Well, you would have to search in your area and online for certain dog food brands and ones that can be shipped from USA or within South Africa. If money is an issue, you can make his dog food. There are pleny of dog food recipes online. Just type in "homemade dog food recipe".

Pellets or dry kibble is not the best form for your pets. Cats and dogs should be eating whole food from meat sources.Some Vegetables can be added too. But of course, stick to dry food if you have no choice.

I hope this helps.
Yes it does help thanks I'll just avoid the pellet idea then thanks Hps

Al Jilwah: Chapter IV

"It is my desire that all my followers unite in a bond of unity, lest those who are without prevail against them." - Satan

Back